Windows 10: Have to right-click to get installers to run

Discus and support Have to right-click to get installers to run in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a thread in this forum, APC PowerChute Startup Problems which is not getting any responses; thus this new thread with a title that perhaps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Not Myself, Aug 17, 2019.

1. Have to right-click to get installers to run

I have a thread in this forum,

APC PowerChute Startup Problems

which is not getting any responses; thus this new thread with a title that perhaps will get me some support: In trying to fix the problem in my other thread, I have found that in order to run program installers, I have to right-click on them and choose to run as administrator. There is only one Windows profile, so the user is always the administrator.

This problem only started a day or two ago. Perhaps is was caused by running the usual DISM.exe steps to find and fix problems, as I suspect is only appeared after I had done that--but I don't know for certain. Any way, as always, help would certainly be appreciated.

:)

Not Myself, Aug 17, 2019
  2. niko084 Win User

Insurgency wont install and run for me....

I have played and have fully updated CS and Half life 2....
    I am using the newest client and installed the SDK.

I am completely blown away, if i click the desktop icon it starts the sdk and then closes, and it doesn't show up in my game list...

First mod attempt install here, followed the directions step by step on the mods website...

Any ideas?

niko084, Aug 17, 2019
  3. Depth Win User
    Install Diablo 3 on Linux

Just install PlayOnLinux? Why did they make step 2 and 3 of this "tutorial"?

Anyway, looking at the supported software list for PlayOnLinux, D3 is a step in the right direction. Lack of gaming is a factor for a lot of people when deciding on an OS, if more recent games get ported it may help migrate them to their preferred choice.

Depth, Aug 17, 2019
  4. Have to right-click to get installers to run

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 17, 2019
Thema:

Have to right-click to get installers to run

1. Have to right-click to get installers to run - Similar Threads - right click installers

2. Apps won't run unless I right click and "run as adminstrator"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Apps won't run unless I right click and "run as adminstrator": HiI've seen a few similar questions but thus far none of the solutions have worked so here goes.....Since say early December 2022 I have noticed that the 2 main program / apps I run that are based on my Win 10 PC now only run if I right click on them and then click "run as...
  3. Apps won't run unless I right click and "run as adminstrator"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps won't run unless I right click and "run as adminstrator": HiI've seen a few similar questions but thus far none of the solutions have worked so here goes.....Since say early December 2022 I have noticed that the 2 main program / apps I run that are based on my Win 10 PC now only run if I right click on them and then click "run as...
  4. Can’t right click and run as administrator

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can’t right click and run as administrator: Hi Even tried the built in administrator account, but when e.g.I right click on notepad and select run as administrator, nothing happens. Is there a solution to this ? Please thanks 179924
  5. All files have "Run as administrator" right-click menu entry

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All files have "Run as administrator" right-click menu entry: Hello, I have updated my PC to 21H, there's now "run as administrator" right-click menu entry on every file. i don't want this. Is there any way to remove this entry, and leave it only for executables?...
  6. having an issue with right click context menu always staying on as i click right click

having an issue with right click context menu always staying on as i click right click: i format the pc, itry clicklock other reedit tweak none fix it, now even after a format it does is on both mouse with without other usb plug, context menu always stay on unless i press left click "mouse 1" now i will waste many hour installing my stuff back and the problem is...
  7. Right click problem I have problem with right click anywhere on windows 10. It opens right...

Right click problem I have problem with right click anywhere on windows 10. It opens right...: Right click problem I have problem with right click anywhere on windows 10. It opens right click menu & it also open mail why?? I am using wireless mouse iball slender duo. This problem only causing in this mouse and this PC only. why?...
  8. Right Click gets Window Installer dialog box

in Windows 10 Support
    Right Click gets Window Installer dialog box: For last few days when ever I right click in File Explorer or other instead of a menu I get a Windows dialog box "Window Installer" and message "Preparing to Install" with one option "Cancel". I am not installing. Just want right click menu. Dialog box remains and computer...
  9. MSI and Click-to-run installations

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    MSI and Click-to-run installations: So, I have been assisting a Client with a a Project 2016 install. - They currently have O365 as per company licensing and Visio 2013 standard. - I have installed the Project Standard 2016 via the deployment. - Windows 10 - They have a Standard VL license (MAK) which they...
  10. Right-Click Run With Parameters

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right-Click Run With Parameters: Hello. Does anyone have any recommendations for a simple 64-bit compatible Windows program that, when you right-click an exe, bat, msi etc. file, that pops up a menu allowing you to run the file with parameters or arguments? NirExt does this task but the program has not been...