Windows 10: Have to take battery out of Laptop to make it work after hour break!

Discus and support Have to take battery out of Laptop to make it work after hour break! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I had a PC repair guy upgrade my laptop to Windows 10 (from 7) last September, and he also put a new SSD in. And it worked ok for several months.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Photo, Apr 30, 2020.

1. Photo Win User

Have to take battery out of Laptop to make it work after hour break!

Hi,

I had a PC repair guy upgrade my laptop to Windows 10 (from 7) last September, and he also put a new SSD in. And it worked ok for several months.

Then I noticed a few strange things:
    1) Every so often, I hear a noise similar to an electronic camera shutter sound effect, or a crunching metal sound. (Sorry I can't record it, as it only does it about once a week). But it doesn't sound good!

2) The fan is now on nearly all the time, but I might do a separate thread for this. I'm just putting it here in case it's related to the third and biggest problem:

3) When I leave the laptop on for more than about an hour, (either on battery or plugged in ...makes no difference), sometimes it hangs when I try to wake it up. I have it set to sleep after 30 minutes, so it should wake up when I press the Power on button. It just stays on the start pic of the forest. No date appears as it should, followed by the password unlock box.

Nothing I do makes a difference. This would go on for hours, unless I take the battery out for 10 seconds. Then it starts as normal, and is ok.

But having to take the battery out (usually at least once a day now) is not normal is it?

The only way I can stop it happening is if I Power off before all breaks. But I don't always know that I will be away for more than an hour.

Any ideas please? Thanks

223 GB SSD
    Windows 10 (version 1903)
    i3 370M
    4GB DDR3

:)

Photo, Apr 30, 2020

2. laptop battery wont charge after latest update

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s okay if you only have 1).

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

FreeBooter, May 23, 2020
  3. Battery Won't Charge Fully

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Have to take battery out of Laptop to make it work after hour break! pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, May 23, 2020
  4. Have to take battery out of Laptop to make it work after hour break!

Plugged in but battery does not charge

If the laptop works without the battery then charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

4. Power on the laptop

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Have to take battery out of Laptop to make it work after hour break! pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, May 23, 2020
Thema:

Have to take battery out of Laptop to make it work after hour break!

1. Have to take battery out of Laptop to make it work after hour break! - Similar Threads - battery Laptop hour

2. How to take care of laptop battery?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to take care of laptop battery?: Hello, my laptop is an Acer Predator Helios 300 with an Rtx 3060. I mostly use this to game and do work on it. Recently I've noticed that my battery wear levels have increased on HWMonitor. Before, it was at 8%, but after I played games on it for 2-3 hours for a few days a...
  3. How to take care of laptop battery?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to take care of laptop battery?: Hello, my laptop is an Acer Predator Helios 300 with an Rtx 3060. I mostly use this to game and do work on it. Recently I've noticed that my battery wear levels have increased on HWMonitor. Before, it was at 8%, but after I played games on it for 2-3 hours for a few days a...
  4. Laptop randomly lags after working fine for hours

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop randomly lags after working fine for hours: So, my laptop has been randomly freezing and doesn’t unfreeze. I can open the lap too and work on it just fine for hours until it randomly starts lagging really bad, my entire computer lags! It lags so bad I have to shut it down if I want it to finally work right, I even...
  5. Laptop randomly lags after working fine for hours

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop randomly lags after working fine for hours: So, my laptop has been randomly freezing and doesn’t unfreeze. I can open the lap too and work on it just fine for hours until it randomly starts lagging really bad, my entire computer lags! It lags so bad I have to shut it down if I want it to finally work right, I even...
  6. Should I take the battery out of my dead laptops?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Should I take the battery out of my dead laptops?: Hello everyone :D I have two laptops that one, barely work and I don't use anymore, and two, is completely dead. One is a Chromebook and the other is a Windows. I'm just wondering if I should attempt to remove the battery in them just in case of a fire hazard? Or is that...
  7. Since Update laptop takes hours to boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Since Update laptop takes hours to boot: Since latest Windows 10 update installed, my laptop is taking hours to boot up and when I eventually get through the login screen it simply hangs on the desktop. I have tried all the fixes shown in previous blogs none of which have worked. Indeed several quote loading,...
  8. Battery in new laptop only 2-3 hours

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Battery in new laptop only 2-3 hours: Hello Sportsfans, The battery stats on the Dell XPS non4k screen usually says "2 or 3" hour remaining right after unplugged. Now the indicator states 84% 3:53 remaining after 40 minutes of battery usage. I never conditioned or ran the battery down, i never took the laptop...
  9. Display battery hours

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display battery hours: Is there any way to display remaining battery hours for Win 10, HP Pavilion ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-battery-hours/c4a9f3a9-bbdd-4ac3-b396-1c80235f93ba
  10. laptop shut after taking out the charger

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    laptop shut after taking out the charger: today I opened my laptop. I pressed the power button to turn on the pc but it didn't turn on. I thought there is no power so I plugged in the charger. at that very moment I couldn't see the white light to show charging as the pc normally does. leaving that I turned on my p....