Windows 10: Have to tap keyboard many times to wake after sleep.

Discus and support Have to tap keyboard many times to wake after sleep. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a new HP EliteBook laptop running Windows 10. Peripheral USB keyboard and mouse. On my old Windows 7 EliteBook, I could just tap the space bar... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kend0g187, Nov 1, 2018.

1. kend0g187 Win User

Have to tap keyboard many times to wake after sleep.

I have a new HP EliteBook laptop running Windows 10. Peripheral USB keyboard and mouse. On my old Windows 7 EliteBook, I could just tap the space bar or move the mouse and the computer would wake. Now, on the new one, it only works if I tap the keyboard many times - I'd say somewhere between 10 and 20. If I tap it just once or a few times, nothing happens; it just stays asleep. The mouse and keyboard both have lights to indicate whether they're active. The light on the mouse is always on, even when the computer is sleeping. The light on the keyboard comes on corresponding to the computer waking (after 10 - 20 taps). Not sure if that's relevant, but just in case...

:)

kend0g187, Nov 1, 2018

2. wake from sleep issue in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to check which devices are configured to wake up the computer from sleep by following the steps below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command line below:
    Powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

3. Check if the devices (Keyboard, Mouse, Ethernet cable) are listed.

If the system is not going to sleep and going to Hybernate, the only option to wake up is to press the Power button.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 1, 2018
  3. Prevent keyboard from waking laptop

Hi Tuhin,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you would like to disable the keyboard waking up from sleep mode. I'll certainly help you with this.

Please follow these steps:

• Press Windows Key + X and click on Device Manager.
    • Expand the Keyboards and right-click/tap on your Keyboard device.
    • Tap Power Management and uncheck Allow this device to wake the computer.
    • Click OK and restart the computer and check the issue.

Hope this helps you. Post us back if you need further assistance. We'll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Nov 1, 2018
  4. taz420nj Win User

Unable to wake from sleep from time to time

Mine shuts off the 'Lock' lights on the keyboard in sleep, but the mouse eye stays on..

taz420nj, Nov 1, 2018
Thema:

1. Have to tap keyboard many times to wake after sleep. - Similar Threads - tap keyboard many

2. BSOD after waking from sleep or waking the screen after long periods of time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD after waking from sleep or waking the screen after long periods of time: So as the title says whenever my laptop is in sleep or is on for long periods of time and the screen switches off, and i wake the laptop up it shows a BSOD. The error is DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and the stopcode is amdkmpfd.sys I had recently installed the adrenaline...
  3. BSOD after waking from sleep or waking the screen after long periods of time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD after waking from sleep or waking the screen after long periods of time: So as the title says whenever my laptop is in sleep or is on for long periods of time and the screen switches off, and i wake the laptop up it shows a BSOD. The error is DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and the stopcode is amdkmpfd.sys I had recently installed the adrenaline...
  4. BSOD after waking from sleep or waking the screen after long periods of time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Sleep time set and wake up?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep time set and wake up?: I know Windows 10 users can go into power settings and change when PC goes to sleep afterBut is there a way to tell Windows 10 when exactly to put my PC to sleep and when to wake itself up? not only selecting time but days, an example for me would be:Sleep: 1:00am Everyday...
  6. Keyboard Not Recognized After Wake From Sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard Not Recognized After Wake From Sleep: My Corsair K70 RGB keyboard is not recognized after waking my Windows 10 computer from sleep. The only way to get the keyboard working again is using any of the two options listed below: disconnect and reconnect the keyboard to the two rear USB 2.0 ports shutdown the...
  7. keyboard not working after waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    keyboard not working after waking up from sleep: Hi, I have a dell desktop running windows 10, all patches and updates are applied both from Microsoft and Dell. The computer goes to sleep after 30 minutes, and at least twice a day, when I wake it up the keyboard doesn't work, and I get a pop up message that a usb device...
  8. Keyboard and monitor doesn’t work after waking from Sleep

Keyboard and monitor doesn’t work after waking from Sleep: I have installed Windows 10 on my desktop. I always try to restart after a "sleep" by pressing the mouse button. It usually starts ok, but sometimes the monitor and keyboard don't activate. I have to power off/power on to get them working again. ***Modified title from:...
  9. Laptop keyboard does not work after waking from sleep

Laptop keyboard does not work after waking from sleep: I have a HP Pavilion laptop, and in the last week, the keyboard has stopped working when I wake the computer from sleep. I am still able to log on using the on-screen touch keyboard. After about 30 seconds after I have logged in, the physical keyboard starts working again....
  10. Windows 10 unresponsive on many bootups, after waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 unresponsive on many bootups, after waking from sleep: I have done a ton of searching, but haven't seen any issues exactly like mine. I will try to explain as best I can, and am looking for things to try and see if I can fix. This is a PC purchased with windows 10, it wasn't an upgrade. Only thing I did was clone the operating...