Windows 10: Have to tap keyboard many times to wake after sleep.

Discus and support Have to tap keyboard many times to wake after sleep. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a new HP EliteBook laptop running Windows 10. Peripheral USB keyboard and mouse. On my old Windows 7 EliteBook, I could just tap the space bar... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kend0g187, Nov 1, 2018.

1. kend0g187 Win User

Have to tap keyboard many times to wake after sleep.

I have a new HP EliteBook laptop running Windows 10. Peripheral USB keyboard and mouse. On my old Windows 7 EliteBook, I could just tap the space bar or move the mouse and the computer would wake. Now, on the new one, it only works if I tap the keyboard many times - I'd say somewhere between 10 and 20. If I tap it just once or a few times, nothing happens; it just stays asleep. The mouse and keyboard both have lights to indicate whether they're active. The light on the mouse is always on, even when the computer is sleeping. The light on the keyboard comes on corresponding to the computer waking (after 10 - 20 taps). Not sure if that's relevant, but just in case...

:)

kend0g187, Nov 1, 2018
  2. Eeshwar Kumar Win User

wake from sleep issue in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to check which devices are configured to wake up the computer from sleep by following the steps below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command line below:
    Powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

3. Check if the devices (Keyboard, Mouse, Ethernet cable) are listed.

If the system is not going to sleep and going to Hybernate, the only option to wake up is to press the Power button.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 1, 2018
  3. Azaruddin Syed Win User
    Prevent keyboard from waking laptop

Hi Tuhin,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you would like to disable the keyboard waking up from sleep mode. I'll certainly help you with this.

Please follow these steps:

• Press Windows Key + X and click on Device Manager.
    • Expand the Keyboards and right-click/tap on your Keyboard device.
    • Tap Power Management and uncheck Allow this device to wake the computer.
    • Click OK and restart the computer and check the issue.

Hope this helps you. Post us back if you need further assistance. We'll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Nov 1, 2018
  4. taz420nj Win User

Unable to wake from sleep from time to time

Mine shuts off the 'Lock' lights on the keyboard in sleep, but the mouse eye stays on..

taz420nj, Nov 1, 2018
Thema:

1. Have to tap keyboard many times to wake after sleep. - Similar Threads - tap keyboard many

2. No password after sleep wake up

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    No password after sleep wake up: hello what im after is a way to start the computer when its in sleep mode in windows 10 when im not at home so i can use a remote to assess the computer but im getting stuck when restarting asking for a password. im using task scheduler to create task to start with no problem...
  3. Bluescreen after waking from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bluescreen after waking from sleep: Never had a bsod occur on this machine. If anyone could provide me details on determining the cause of the situation, it'd be gladly appreciated *Party attached is the debug zip folder If there's somewhere where I can upload the memory.dmp or mini dump.. let me know. 42660
  4. BSOD after waking from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after waking from sleep: Hey guys, i am stumped on this one, every time i have put my computer to sleep after waking it it will show my pin to type in but it freezes there and the bsod after about 5secs, i have done a memtest and that passed, but yeah no idea. hopefully someone can help. 25091
  5. Wake from Sleep with Touch Pad and Keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wake from Sleep with Touch Pad and Keyboard: Hi, I'm new to the forums and I need help waking my laptop with my in-built touch pad and keyboard. To do so I need to enable a setting on my Touch Pad and Keyboard driver/device properties, which should be located underneath the 'Power Management' tab. However, there is no...
  6. Keyboard/Mouse not working randomly after waking up from sleep

Keyboard/Mouse not working randomly after waking up from sleep: So there are a couple of times (not very often) when my keyboard OR mouse doesn't work after waking up my Win 10 system from sleep. What I do is to let it sleep and wake it up again and everything seems to be normal again. Not something major but definitely an annoyance. The...
  7. Elan touchpad randomly activates tapping after I have disabled tapping

Elan touchpad randomly activates tapping after I have disabled tapping: I have gone through the process of disabling tapping. Sometime later the cursor will send me some place unexpected because tapping has returned. Usually if I go to Settings, Devices, Mouse & Touchpad, additional mouse options, that stops the tapping. Occasionally I have to go...
  8. No keyboard after sleep

No keyboard after sleep: I resurrected my old HP DV5-1044CA. I did a fresh Windows 10 install. Strangely when the laptop sleeps or if I put it to sleep with the power button or by closing the lid, I can wake it with the keyboard or power button and use the keyboard to enter my PIN but after that the...
  9. Windows 10 unresponsive on many bootups, after waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 unresponsive on many bootups, after waking from sleep: I have done a ton of searching, but haven't seen any issues exactly like mine. I will try to explain as best I can, and am looking for things to try and see if I can fix. This is a PC purchased with windows 10, it wasn't an upgrade. Only thing I did was clone the operating...
  10. computer wakes from sleep at night time

in Windows 10 Support
    computer wakes from sleep at night time: Each morning when I wake up, my computer is on, rather than in sleep mode, as I left it. I have disabled the power of the mouse to wake it. What else can I try to fix this problem? 24004