Windows 10: Have to use Microsoft Account password to get into my laptop

Discus and support Have to use Microsoft Account password to get into my laptop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I tried to buy MS Solitaire Collection, but couldn't download it because I didn't have a device linked to the account. Followed the directions to link... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GeorgeFlach, May 15, 2019.

1. Have to use Microsoft Account password to get into my laptop

I tried to buy MS Solitaire Collection, but couldn't download it because I didn't have a device linked to the account. Followed the directions to link to my laptop. Now I can't get into my laptop without using my MS Account password! I followed directions to not require a password, but no matter what I do the doggone thing (laptop) won't let me in without the password. This is one more "really good thing" from Microsoft I don't need.

How do I permanently disable the need for a password to get into my laptop? Thanks.

:)

GeorgeFlach, May 15, 2019
  2. sam02 Win User

App store and Microsoft account

Thank you for the advice

I see what you mean about the password but i think its a backward step to compromise my Microsoft password to to use the app store

sam02, May 15, 2019
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    Local Account password changed to Online Account Password

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click OK.
    • Now, login to Local account.
    Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, May 15, 2019
  4. Have to use Microsoft Account password to get into my laptop

Microsoft Account Password Reset

Thanks for the reply, but it does not help me. The website does not proceed past step 4. After entering the security code, the website does not proceed to step 5. It does not give an error message, it simply greys out the next and cancel buttons and hangs
    indefinitely.

Reset your password

If you can't remember your password, follow these steps to get into your account.

• Go to the Reset your password page.
    • Choose the reason you need your password reset, then click Next.
    • Enter the email address you used when you made your Microsoft account. This could be any email address, or an email ending in a Microsoft domain like hotmail.com or outlook.com.
    • Enter the characters you see on the screen (this lets us know you’re not a robot), then click Next.
    • If you've added security info to your account, we'll send a one-time code to the alternate phone number or email address you gave us. After you enter that code on the next screen, you'll be able to make a new password.
    I'll try your "Get account help by email" suggestion and post the solution here when I've found one.

Donovan de Swardt, May 15, 2019
Thema:

Have to use Microsoft Account password to get into my laptop

1. Have to use Microsoft Account password to get into my laptop - Similar Threads - Microsoft Account password

2. Is it possible to reset password using my microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to reset password using my microsoft account: I forgot my password and want to know if I can use my microsoft account to reset since I do not have a reset password usb https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-possible-to-reset-password-using-my/5e5ed6b5-fae6-4f01-bdca-6e7e07061bf2
  3. Is it possible to reset password using my microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible to reset password using my microsoft account: I forgot my password and want to know if I can use my microsoft account to reset since I do not have a reset password usb https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-possible-to-reset-password-using-my/5e5ed6b5-fae6-4f01-bdca-6e7e07061bf2
  4. Is it possible to reset password using my microsoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Having problems with signing into my Microsoft Account password.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Having problems with signing into my Microsoft Account password.: Basically, I just got a new laptop IdeaPadS145 for reference and I tried to sign in with my account but then the problem started.Everytime I'd type in the password and it'd accept it as the right password. But I need to redo it again to reconfirm, I'd do just that and click...
  6. Incorrect Password Using a Microsoft Account

Incorrect Password Using a Microsoft Account: I use a Microsoft account for my WIndows 10. I have confirmed that my password is correct by logging in to by Microsoft account online. However, when I wish to change my password locally, Windows still tell me that my password is incorrect. Seems like my local password is...
  7. Microsoft Account using local password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Account using local password: Hi, I recently bought a new SurfacePro to replace my older laptop and desktop. When setting up initially I was unable to connect to the internet. I had to set up with a local username and temporary I thought password. When I was able to connect I entered my Microsoft ID...
  8. I have forgotten my password used on my laptop. Use Microsoft acct email used password on...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I have forgotten my password used on my laptop. Use Microsoft acct email used password on...: I use same email on my laptop as I use on my desktop. I forgot what I used as password for laptop so read a post that said change the password on Microsoft email which I did and then check use on all devices (something similar not exact) so I did but when I tried to log in...
  9. Unable to Login to the Laptop Using Microsoft Account Password.

Unable to Login to the Laptop Using Microsoft Account Password.: After forgetting my live password, which I cant get into my laptop without, I had it reset. It keeps telling me that my new password is incorrect when I am absolutely 101% certain that it was correct. ***Moved From: Other/Unknown/Ease of access*** ***Edited Original...
  10. using local password with microsoft account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    using local password with microsoft account: So I have a complex password for my online Microsoft account, I never type it in, its used with a secure clipboard from a password manager. If I use a Microsoft account with windows 10 it also uses the password which is a pain to type in, is there no way to use a local...