Windows 10: Have to use Microsoft Account password to get into my laptop

Discus and support Have to use Microsoft Account password to get into my laptop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I tried to buy MS Solitaire Collection, but couldn't download it because I didn't have a device linked to the account. Followed the directions to link... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GeorgeFlach, May 15, 2019.

1. Have to use Microsoft Account password to get into my laptop

I tried to buy MS Solitaire Collection, but couldn't download it because I didn't have a device linked to the account. Followed the directions to link to my laptop. Now I can't get into my laptop without using my MS Account password! I followed directions to not require a password, but no matter what I do the doggone thing (laptop) won't let me in without the password. This is one more "really good thing" from Microsoft I don't need.

How do I permanently disable the need for a password to get into my laptop? Thanks.

:)

GeorgeFlach, May 15, 2019
  2. sam02 Win User

App store and Microsoft account

Thank you for the advice

I see what you mean about the password but i think its a backward step to compromise my Microsoft password to to use the app store

sam02, May 15, 2019
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    Local Account password changed to Online Account Password

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click OK.
    • Now, login to Local account.
    Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, May 15, 2019
  4. Have to use Microsoft Account password to get into my laptop

Microsoft Account Password Reset

Thanks for the reply, but it does not help me. The website does not proceed past step 4. After entering the security code, the website does not proceed to step 5. It does not give an error message, it simply greys out the next and cancel buttons and hangs
    indefinitely.

Reset your password

If you can't remember your password, follow these steps to get into your account.

• Go to the Reset your password page.
    • Choose the reason you need your password reset, then click Next.
    • Enter the email address you used when you made your Microsoft account. This could be any email address, or an email ending in a Microsoft domain like hotmail.com or outlook.com.
    • Enter the characters you see on the screen (this lets us know you’re not a robot), then click Next.
    • If you've added security info to your account, we'll send a one-time code to the alternate phone number or email address you gave us. After you enter that code on the next screen, you'll be able to make a new password.
    I'll try your "Get account help by email" suggestion and post the solution here when I've found one.

Donovan de Swardt, May 15, 2019
Thema:

Have to use Microsoft Account password to get into my laptop

1. Have to use Microsoft Account password to get into my laptop - Similar Threads - Microsoft Account password

2. can't get into my Microsoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    can't get into my Microsoft account: What is Windows Live how do I get a password for that. Don't know what it is. Can't sign into my Microsoft account can't view pictures because I don't have permission. for the Mercy of Our Lord Jesus Christ. TELL ME WHAT TO DO...
  3. Removing microsoft account on laptop without using laptop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Removing microsoft account on laptop without using laptop: Hi there, I turned on my laptop today and entered my password. but it says u need to verify ur account then send me into a login page and want an activity code from sms. so i done that so many times to change my password to log in to my laptop but says login failure again and...
  4. Cannot sign in with Microsoft account on my laptop -- password incorrect

Cannot sign in with Microsoft account on my laptop -- password incorrect: For the last couple of weeks I have been having the following issue: Whenever I try to sign in to my laptop (with my MS account) it says 'password incorrect'. I am 100% sure the password is correct and I have changed it already 2 times on my MS account to try and resolve...
  5. Can I use different password than my Microsoft Account Password to Sign-in to my desktop?

Can I use different password than my Microsoft Account Password to Sign-in to my desktop?: In my laptop, my Microsoft Account is linked to the Windows 10 installed. I would like to Sign in (either from being Locked, restart or shut down) using a different alpha-numeric password than my Microsoft Password. Can this be done?...
  6. Unlock PC using Microsoft Account's password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unlock PC using Microsoft Account's password: Hi, When I purchased my laptop, the vendor created a local account without a password. However, I linked my MS account to this local account but still, it is not asking for any password to unlock. I don't want to create a local password but like to have the same MS account...
  7. Unable to Login to the Laptop Using Microsoft Account Password.

Unable to Login to the Laptop Using Microsoft Account Password.: After forgetting my live password, which I cant get into my laptop without, I had it reset. It keeps telling me that my new password is incorrect when I am absolutely 101% certain that it was correct. ***Moved From: Other/Unknown/Ease of access*** ***Edited Original...
  8. forget my microsoft account password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    forget my microsoft account password: Please Help me. First, sorry for my English. I have a big problem. stage: Windows 10, set to boot in safe mode (alternate shell) without network access. So, I forget my microsoft account password (usually i used my pin), how to get into the alternative shell or how to boot...
  9. Can I use the same Microsoft account on my new laptop when I get it?

Can I use the same Microsoft account on my new laptop when I get it?: I am going to be purchasing a new Windows 10 laptop to replace the laptop with Windows 10 I have now. I will be disposing of the laptop I am using now. --- Even though it runs good, I want a modern laptop with more zip and modern specs. I have a Microsoft account, can I...
  10. using local password with microsoft account

using local password with microsoft account: So I have a complex password for my online Microsoft account, I never type it in, its used with a secure clipboard from a password manager. If I use a Microsoft account with windows 10 it also uses the password which is a pain to type in, is there no way to use a local...