Windows 10: have to use on screen keyboard because keyboard wont type my PW

Discus and support have to use on screen keyboard because keyboard wont type my PW in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; at startup...I try to sign in with my pass word but nothing comes up. I have to use the on screen keyboard to sign in...and then I can sign in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by sandra LInd, Oct 7, 2018.

1. have to use on screen keyboard because keyboard wont type my PW

at startup...I try to sign in with my pass word but nothing comes up. I have to use the on screen keyboard to sign in...and then I can sign in fine....but once online....if I try to type in to search...nothing will come up again....I can click on things but I cannot type anything in to look it up or sign in to any other information I need . any help would be kindly appreciated.. replacing and repairing these computers is becoming a hardship, I am presently on another computer now.....the one with the problem is a Dell ..windows 10 64 bit......I already made a boo boo and reset the darn thing..so now I have to put everything back into the computer I had. thank you Lord I don't keep important things in my computers....

:)

sandra LInd, Oct 7, 2018
  2. Xylee Del Win User

keyboard

Hi ronks,

Windows 10 tablets has a feature to enable and disable the on screen keyboard. We suggest that you disable the on-screen keyboard through the control panel by following the steps below and check if it helps:

• Press the Windows key + R.
    • Type Control Panel and select the top most result.
    • Type ease of access center in the control panel and open it.
    • Click "Use the computer without a mouse or keyboard".
    • Make sure that the "Use on-screen keyboard" is unchecked.

Let us know the results.

Xylee Del, Oct 7, 2018
  3. Keyboard not typing letters

Hi Bob,

Sorry for the delay in replying. I would suggest you to try the Onscreen keyboard and check if it helps.

Please have a look at this article and check if it helps. Even though the article is for Windows 8.1, the option to enable the onscreen keyboard is the same.

Use the On-Screen Keyboard (OSK) to type

After you are able to log in, I would suggest you to change the log in option or you may follow the steps provided by Neha Gupta to update the drivers and check if it helps.

Thank you.

Rohit Chettri, Oct 7, 2018
  4. John Vil Win User

have to use on screen keyboard because keyboard wont type my PW

want to use manual keyboard----not on screen keyboard

Hi,

The On-Screen Keyboard is an application which provides a visual keyboard on your screen that can be used in place of a physical keyboard. To better assist you and provide you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps, kindly answer the questions below:

• Is your physical keyboard not functioning?
    • Have you tried turning off the On-Screen Keyboard?

To turn off the On-Screen Keyboard, kindly follow the steps below:

• Click on Start.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Select Ease of Access.
    • On the left panel, click on Keyboard.
    • Under On-Screen Keyboard, make sure it is set to Off.

We'll be waiting for your response.

John Vil, Oct 7, 2018
Thema:

have to use on screen keyboard because keyboard wont type my PW

1. have to use on screen keyboard because keyboard wont type my PW - Similar Threads - screen keyboard keyboard

2. Laptop and On-screen Keyboards Not typing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop and On-screen Keyboards Not typing: My Laptop Keyboard and on-screen keyboard are not "working", it does show on the on screen keyboard that the keys are being pressed when I press key, but for some reason I can't type my password, in short the keyboards work for anything except typing my password so I can log...
  3. Laptop and On-screen Keyboards Not typing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop and On-screen Keyboards Not typing: My Laptop Keyboard and on-screen keyboard are not "working", it does show on the on screen keyboard that the keys are being pressed when I press key, but for some reason I can't type my password, in short the keyboards work for anything except typing my password so I can log...
  4. Why wont my keyboard type properly?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why wont my keyboard type properly?: i cant include any imageSometimes it works perfectly and others its glitchy, slow and very hard to type. Ive already tried restarting it, updating it and still very confused. The keys are clean and my laptop isn't that old. Ive been having to use the touch screen keyboard....
  5. Why wont my keyboard type properly?

Why wont my keyboard type properly?: i cant include any imageSometimes it works perfectly and others its glitchy, slow and very hard to type. Ive already tried restarting it, updating it and still very confused. The keys are clean and my laptop isn't that old. Ive been having to use the touch screen keyboard....
  6. On screen keyboard/normal keyboard wont type r PLEASE HELP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    On screen keyboard/normal keyboard wont type r PLEASE HELP: My R key suddenly stopped working when i press it nothing happens but when i use capital r it works and earlier it was opening a radeon software that is when it started and now its very annoying to use the r key i tried using the on screen key board but that also does not...
  7. On screen keyboard/normal keyboard wont type r PLEASE HELP

On screen keyboard/normal keyboard wont type r PLEASE HELP: My R key suddenly stopped working when i press it nothing happens but when i use capital r it works and earlier it was opening a radeon software that is when it started and now its very annoying to use the r key i tried using the on screen key board but that also does not...
  8. My Keyboard Wont Type

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Keyboard Wont Type: Hi, Today just a few minutes ago my keyboard was working fine but after a restart the keyboard stopped working, I thought that the keyboard had to be replaced but all the shortcut keys are working perfectly fine, but I cant just type I cant even use the windows search tool...
  9. Keyboard wont type numbers OR will only type numbers

in Windows 10 News
    Keyboard wont type numbers OR will only type numbers: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Usually, numbers keys are present on two spots on a keyboard. One is at the number pad and the other of above the letters. You might face an issue where your laptop keyboard won’t type numbers. This could be with [...] This post Keyboard wont type numbers OR...
  10. Using keyboard to type symbols

in Windows 10 Support
    Using keyboard to type symbols: Can someone tell me how to type the symbol for the Russian Ruble using the keyboard on my laptop ? I had a list of symbols and icons that one could write years ago but I lost it and can't find it using Google. Thanks, Mick 114675