Windows 10: Have too many sub folders

Discus and support Have too many sub folders in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Windows 10 PC I find the filing system extremely unfriendly. I have too many subfolders, Google search basically tells me "tough luck Should have not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GeorgeFelton, Apr 26, 2020.

1. Have too many sub folders

Windows 10 PC I find the filing system extremely unfriendly. I have too many subfolders, Google search basically tells me "tough luck Should have not made so many folders. IE if you have made too many subfolders you are stuck with them. Example: my music folders had folder under folder on and on. I know My dumb fault.. It would be nice to arrange them on one folder alphabetically. I suppose this cannot be done, but are there any Microsoft plans to simplify Microsoft's awkward and non intuitive system for dolts like me?????

:)

GeorgeFelton, Apr 26, 2020
  2. Arul_D Win User

sub Folder for outlook

Hello,

Thank you for writing your query in Microsoft Community. I would like to have some more understanding to the issue so that we can diagnose and work on the issue faster. Kindly provide me the following information:

• Where are you trying to create a sub folder is it on mail app or other application?
    If it is mail app, unfortunately there is no option to create a sub folder in Mail app, I would suggest you to share your feedback in Windows Feedback app.

Arul_D, Apr 26, 2020
  3. sub folders

Hi Paulette,

You can move the sub-folder by dragging the sub-folder from the other Picture Folder up to the main Picture Folder. However, the sub-folder will remain as a sub-folder.

If you want to make the sub-folder as a stand alone folder, we suggest that you create a new folder on your desired location, then move over the files from the sub-folder to the new folder that you created.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Apr 26, 2020
  4. Eli_398 Win User

Have too many sub folders

Automate folder/Sub-folders ACL using powershell

Hello Microsoft Community Members,

I am working on a powershell script that automates folder/sub-folders creation. I was able to accomplish this, however, i need to set certain access through automation. I've been looking for answers online, which I tried many of them without success.

Here is my Scenario:

1. I want to create Project folder, under the main project folder comes sub-folders.
    2. The project root folder should not be altered by anyone except certain project managers (other users cannot add/ remove sub-folders)inside each sub-folder, users can modify whatever they want (Add/Remove/Delete/Create), this can be accomplished through
      GUI, but i need to make it automated.
    What i have done so far, is i was able to take the input from the user (Project folder name, and sub-folders are statically assigned) and automate folder and sub-folders creation, but unable to automate the permissions.

Appreciate any kind of assistance. Thank you!!

Eli_398, Apr 26, 2020
Thema:

Have too many sub folders

1. Have too many sub folders - Similar Threads - too many sub

2. Does Microsoft have too many customers?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does Microsoft have too many customers?: I'm asking because this windows 11 update you keep trying to shove down our throats is ridiculous. You've snuck that onto me three times now and I had to roll back to Windows 10 which I absolutely hated when you forced that on me, but I know at one time you could tell it to...
  3. Does Microsoft have too many customers?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does Microsoft have too many customers?: I'm asking because this windows 11 update you keep trying to shove down our throats is ridiculous. You've snuck that onto me three times now and I had to roll back to Windows 10 which I absolutely hated when you forced that on me, but I know at one time you could tell it to...
  4. Too many svchost.exe's

Too many svchost.exe's: On my old laptop, I remember having Windows 10 1703 installed in it, although, now it is updated. Before it had ~60-65 SVCHost.exe's, whereas now it is updated to version Windows 10 21H2, which for this time it has around 100 svchost.exe's. Same applies to my new laptop....
  5. Too many folders in C:/Users folder.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Too many folders in C:/Users folder.: Hi,I have too many folders in c:/ users than no.of users.Only 1 user, that is the adminstratior.Can I delete everything, leaving only my user folder?The one that is covered by red color is my SQL SERVER Name, whereas the black highlighted was my Admin User.SO CAN I DELETE...
  6. Too many folders in C:/Users folder.

Too many folders in C:/Users folder.: Hi,I have too many folders in c:/ users than no.of users.Only 1 user, that is the adminstratior.Can I delete everything, leaving only my user folder?The one that is covered by red color is my SQL SERVER Name, whereas the black highlighted was my Admin User.SO CAN I DELETE...
  7. I have too many keyboards. Help!

in Windows 10 Customization
    I have too many keyboards. Help!: As you can see there are tons of Unknown Locale keyboards and so on.It makes switching to the keyboards I want into a huge pain.I believe this started happening when there was a bug that made it hard to select my region, so several regions were selected one after the other in...
  8. Sorting folders and the sub folders

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sorting folders and the sub folders: Hello. I have a huge music archive and recently had to format and clean install my windows 10, meanwhile I had my archive in my HDD. Now the problem is, my song folder had around 1200~ albums in it, every album in that main folder was ordered by Date and inside every album it...
  9. I got too many nvidia folders

I got too many nvidia folders: Im cleaning my computer, and i just realized that i got 4 nvidia folders. I got one folder in program files called nvidia corporation, i got two folders in program data called nvidia and nvidia corporation, and one folder in programs called nvidia corporation as well. Why do...
  10. Missing desktop FOLDER with many sub folders and other documents

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing desktop FOLDER with many sub folders and other documents: I have lost a folder off my desktop which contains vital information. I have checked my deleted items folder and it is not there. I have done a system search and it does not pop up, although two sub folders pop up, but they are both empty. What on earth has happened!!?...