Windows 10: Have two files being created from all apps

Discus and support Have two files being created from all apps in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Have two files being created from all apps using Win 10. That is, when I save a file it goes two places. I have two SSDs on my machine. which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jharris91, Nov 16, 2017.

1. jharris91 Win User

Have two files being created from all apps

Have two files being created from all apps using Win 10. That is, when I save a file it goes two places.

I have two SSDs on my machine. which has Win 10 (updated from 8). Drive C: has the OS on it. Drive E: is the old one that used to have the OS on it.

Example:

Save photo as Jim 2016.jpg – it then shows up in two places:
    E:\Users\Jim H\Documents\Pictures
    E:\Documents and Settings\Jim H\Documents\Pictures

Note: There are two copies of NTUser.dat on each drive.

:)

jharris91, Nov 16, 2017

2. Have multiple files created from all apps - Win 10

Note I have two drives.

I setup Win10 buy upgrading from Win8. Don't recall anything special.

No special setup for the drives. I believe I put the second drive in before I moved to Win10, but not positive.

My plan was for data files on the old drive - which is a Seagate Hybrid - and all EXEs on the new fast SSD (SanDisk). But there are still many executables on the old E: drive.

THANKS JOHN

Jim

jharris402, Nov 16, 2017
  3. John Fer Win User
    Have multiple files created from all apps - Win 10

Hi,

Possible reason why you are experiencing this issue is with the way you set up your SSD drive. For us to know more, please answer the following:

• How did you set up your partitions for your SSD drives?
    • How did you install your operating system?

John Fer, Nov 16, 2017
  4. Have two files being created from all apps

Hi jharris91

So when you installed Win 10 on the new drive did you try to point the libraries to the old SSD drive on E: (Basically told windows no my libraries are on E :. If so, how did you do this please?

Ken

Caledon Ken, Nov 17, 2017
Thema:

Have two files being created from all apps

1. Have two files being created from all apps - Similar Threads - files being created

2. Zip files being created or modified

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Zip files being created or modified: Ok, so normally when I download a zip file, or even create one myself, it shows up as simply a ZIP file. I am then able to extract it by just right clicking and clicking extract, with no input from any other applications. Recently, however, whenever a ZIP file is created or...
  3. Zip files being created or modified

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Zip files being created or modified: Ok, so normally when I download a zip file, or even create one myself, it shows up as simply a ZIP file. I am then able to extract it by just right clicking and clicking extract, with no input from any other applications. Recently, however, whenever a ZIP file is created or...
  4. Dump files stopped being created.

Dump files stopped being created.: I could not get proper help on the Russian forum everywhere it is advised to completely reinstall the system, so I will contact the English-language forum.Somewhere every two days, the laptop began to catch the blue screen of death at startup.I decided to check through...
  5. Dump files stopped being created.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dump files stopped being created.: I could not get proper help on the Russian forum everywhere it is advised to completely reinstall the system, so I will contact the English-language forum.Somewhere every two days, the laptop began to catch the blue screen of death at startup.I decided to check through...
  6. How to disable Windows Thumbs.db files from being created

in Windows 10 News
    How to disable Windows Thumbs.db files from being created: [ATTACH]If you want to disable Windows Thumbs.db files from being created on Windows 11/10, here is how you can do that. It is possible to prevent this particular file from being created with the help of the Local Group Policy Editor and the Registry Editor. Thumbs.db files...
  7. Not all of created video being exported

Not all of created video being exported: I have created a compilation video of photos and short videos which have a total time of 11 minutes, 11 seconds in Windows Photos/video app. When I export it, the exported video only reaches 7 minutes 57 seconds and cuts off in the middle. I have tried twice, I have checked...
  8. app to create text from an mp3 file?

app to create text from an mp3 file?: I have voice recordings from meetings in mp3 format. Is there free software to create a text file from there? 118763
  9. app to create text from an mp3 file?

in Windows 10 Support
    app to create text from an mp3 file?: I have voice recordings from meetings in mp3 format. Is there free software to create a text file from there? 118763
  10. Win 10 creating two copies of all files

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 creating two copies of all files: Example: Save photo as Jim 2016.jpg – it then shows up in two places: E:\Users\Jim H\Documents\Pictures E:\Documents and Settings\Jim H\Documents\Pictures Advice Please. 98558