Windows 10: have two sets of microsoft pre installed applications in folder Program Files and Program...

Discus and support have two sets of microsoft pre installed applications in folder Program Files and Program... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; i have two sets of windows softwares on both folders of Program Files and Program Files(x86), i could not uninstall them in any way, i even used... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JianChengLu, Jul 16, 2019.

1. have two sets of microsoft pre installed applications in folder Program Files and Program...

i have two sets of windows softwares on both folders of Program Files and Program Files(x86), i could not uninstall them in any way, i even used powershell and command prompt, but still, i cant remove them, my computer is running out of storage(128GB SSD) have two sets of microsoft pre installed applications in folder Program Files and Program... e2528a19-7698-4cc4-9412-53dcc143a369?upload=true.png have two sets of microsoft pre installed applications in folder Program Files and Program... 77953cb8-627e-4787-8739-ae0343e97b07?upload=true.png

:)

JianChengLu, Jul 16, 2019
  2. Tommygunn Win User

Partitioning Program Files/Program Files(x86) from Windows 10 install?

In the coming week I will be installing Windows 10 Home on my new computer. I will be using an SSD and an HDD, the SSD for the OS, programs and games and the HDD for photos, music and all the other slow stuff.
    So, my question. In case the OS were to ever get corrupted, or I had to reinstall the OS for any other reason, is it possible to have the SSD set up as follows; Partition 1 - OS, Partition 2 - Program Files/Program Files((x86) plus other associated folders/files) and Partition 3 for my games, so that any re-install does not wipe out my already installed programs?

I had no problem doing this in with my XP desktop(OS in C and Progs in D, although not perfect, but was never able to do it with Windows 7.

Can it be done?

Tom.

Tommygunn, Jul 16, 2019
  3. How to set Default program/application to open the files in Windows 10.

Hi

Thanks for your reply. Sorry I should have said folders not files. I cannot open the folders to see inside.

Des

DesJackson, Jul 16, 2019
  4. have two sets of microsoft pre installed applications in folder Program Files and Program...

Files missing from "Start Menu" "All Programs"

RE: WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE 32bit, Files missing from "Start Menu" "All Programs" list.

I have several "start menu" programs missing in my "all programs" list. One of the missing entries is the "accessories" folder and all related files.

As far as I can tell all of the missing files are on the system and they can be found by using the "start menu search" facility. This problem is occurring with other users but I can not find a solution which works to get things back the way they were after installing the OS.

I am seeing the missing apps and other items at this location in iexplore.exe %allusersprofile%\Start Menu\Programs .

Everything I have tried to get these items back into my "start menu" "all programs" list has been met with failure except creating a shortcut. A shortcut is not the real fix as it leaves two entries in the folder.

When I right click on the highlighted "all Programs" box, in the start menu, a small options list pops up, if "open all users" is selected a new window pops up. Inside that window I can click on the programs folder where I can see the missing entries that should appear on my "all programs" list plus those which I presently see on my "all programs" list together in a single directory listing.

How can I get the above directory list of programs back into the "start menu" "all programs" area so I do not have to go through this extra window and select the programs folder to locate what I wish to run?

I also noticed my accessories folder has a lock on it while I am in the primary user administrator account. If you know how to get rid of the lock it would be helpful however I can find that information when I get a chance to look up the answer?

I noticed some hidden (first tier) folders on the C: drive which I made visible while leaving protection on the OS folders. I can now see these folders in an iexplore.exe directory listing. This did not fix the problem in the "all programs" file selection list and I do not remember if this folder was hidden when the OS was installed.

When I opened up the system to allow a login directly into the Administrator account everything shows up the same as it did when the OS installed along with all other programs installed afterward.

After some progress I am still here *Bang Head :banghead: and slowly getting closer to an answer. Can anyone help me get there a little faster?

N9ZN-Extra, Jul 16, 2019
Thema:

have two sets of microsoft pre installed applications in folder Program Files and Program...

1. have two sets of microsoft pre installed applications in folder Program Files and Program... - Similar Threads - sets microsoft pre

2. Why is there a microsoft build of jdk pre-installed under C:\Program Files\Microsoft?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is there a microsoft build of jdk pre-installed under C:\Program Files\Microsoft?: I was trying to install jdk today and I found out there's already a jdk pre-installed under C:\Program Files\Microsoft. I have never installed java on this machine before. Anyone knows why is it there like enabled features or installed software that led to this? Would it be...
  3. Why is there a microsoft build of jdk pre-installed under C:\Program Files\Microsoft?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is there a microsoft build of jdk pre-installed under C:\Program Files\Microsoft?: I was trying to install jdk today and I found out there's already a jdk pre-installed under C:\Program Files\Microsoft. I have never installed java on this machine before. Anyone knows why is it there like enabled features or installed software that led to this? Would it be...
  4. Two sets of program files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two sets of program files: Hi, I have two sets of program files on C: I have all the normal stuff but on :D drive I have some of the same stuff that may be duplicated?Program FilesWindowsAppsWpSystemWUDownloadCacheAre all on my D: drive but I do not remember transferring those from C: to my D: drive my...
  5. Two sets of program files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Two sets of program files: Hi, I have two sets of program files on C: I have all the normal stuff but on :D drive I have some of the same stuff that may be duplicated?Program FilesWindowsAppsWpSystemWUDownloadCacheAre all on my D: drive but I do not remember transferring those from C: to my D: drive my...
  6. Two sets of program files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Program Files Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Program Files Folder: Is there any possible way to Transfer all the files from the Program Files/x86 Folder to "Program Files". . . I know what the difference is, but I was wondering if I could have ONE Program Files Folder. 159564
  8. Two Programs

in Windows 10 Customization
    Two Programs: When I was having trouble with my computer someone I spoke with download two programs and they are on my desktop. I have taken a small screenshot of them and maybe you can tell me what they are or what they are used for. Also, I downloaded the one on the right but did not...
  9. Windows 10 - installing to Program Files folder instead of Program Files x86

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 - installing to Program Files folder instead of Program Files x86: I'm having an issue installing an application into the Program Files folder in Windows 10. For some reason, even though I select that folder as the destination, the system instead installs the program to Program Files x86. However unfortunately, it's imperative that I...
  10. program file folders

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    program file folders: how do I access program file folders? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/program-file-folders/679d72e1-3c91-47fe-af67-036d66f42880