Windows 10: Have two Win 7 Pro keys, used one and upgraded to 10. Dont know which one was used for...

Discus and support Have two Win 7 Pro keys, used one and upgraded to 10. Dont know which one was used for... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; As the subject says, I have two keys for win 7 pro. Is there any way to see which of these two keys was used to upgrade to 10? Everywhere I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by MitchelParsons, May 4, 2022.

1. Have two Win 7 Pro keys, used one and upgraded to 10. Dont know which one was used for...

As the subject says, I have two keys for win 7 pro. Is there any way to see which of these two keys was used to upgrade to 10? Everywhere I have searched says that the old key is no longer a key. Is there anyway to see which of these two keys is still a valid windows 7 key?Im building another computer and dont know which of my original two keys was used on my first computer, and dont know how to look up the 7 product key after a 10 upgrade. I want to use the other key for the new machine.

:)

MitchelParsons, May 4, 2022
  2. RayUnger Win User

UPGRADE WIN 10 TO PRO VERSION USING WIN 7 PRO PRODUCT KEY

Hi – I am a retiree geek who wants to play with Windows 10 Pro on one of my PCS but has no interest in paying $100 for the privilege of upgrading. I do have a sealed dvd package of Win 7 Pro so it seems like like MS “owes” me the upgrade, but frankly I do
    not want to install win 7 pro and then upgrade it to Win 10 pro. Is there some way I can use the win 7 pro key to allow upgrade in a more direct manner?

RayUnger, May 4, 2022
  3. RobCoxXA Win User
    Win 10 Pro upgrade using Win 8 Pro product key

I just bought a new computer running Win 10 Home. When I went to upgrade to Win 10 Pro using my Win 8 Pro product key from my old computer, the upgrade wouldn't activate.

Now I'm stuck with a bunch of error messages (mainly 0xC004C003) and am being told windows isn't activated. I can't seem to get my activated Win 10 Home back.

I don't have a product key for the Win 10 Home because it came pre-installed. There's no product code recorded on the packaging or labelling on the device.

So:

How do I either

• activate the Win Pro upgrade, or
    • Get my activated Win 10 home back?

RobCoxXA, May 4, 2022
  4. Have two Win 7 Pro keys, used one and upgraded to 10. Dont know which one was used for...

Can i use my unused windows 7 pro keys to install win 10 pro, or is there still an option for a free upgrade using these win 7 keys ?

Hi, I have got some unused keys of win 7 pro. Can i use it to install windows 10 pro or is there an option install win 7 pro with those keys and upgrade to win 10 for free.

Moved from: (Windows / Windows 10 / Microsoft Store)

RenjithR Chandran, May 4, 2022
Thema:

Have two Win 7 Pro keys, used one and upgraded to 10. Dont know which one was used for...

1. Have two Win 7 Pro keys, used one and upgraded to 10. Dont know which one was used for... - Similar Threads - Pro keys used

2. Upgrade 11 Home to Pro using win 7 pro key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade 11 Home to Pro using win 7 pro key: This may seem a bit strange also a bit difficult to explain but I wonder if it can be done.Many years ago I purchased windows 7 Professional DVD to install on computer I assembled from parts.I subsequently destroyed that computer.I thought I had lost the DVD for Windows 7...
  3. Upgrade 11 Home to Pro using win 7 pro key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrade 11 Home to Pro using win 7 pro key: This may seem a bit strange also a bit difficult to explain but I wonder if it can be done.Many years ago I purchased windows 7 Professional DVD to install on computer I assembled from parts.I subsequently destroyed that computer.I thought I had lost the DVD for Windows 7...
  4. Have two Win 7 Pro keys, used one and upgraded to 10. Dont know which one was used for...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Have two Win 7 Pro keys, used one and upgraded to 10. Dont know which one was used for...: As the subject says, I have two keys for win 7 pro. Is there any way to see which of these two keys was used to upgrade to 10? Everywhere I have searched says that the old key is no longer a key. Is there anyway to see which of these two keys is still a valid windows 7 key?Im...
  5. Have two Win 7 Pro keys, used one and upgraded to 10. Dont know which one was used for...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Have two Win 7 Pro keys, used one and upgraded to 10. Dont know which one was used for...: As the subject says, I have two keys for win 7 pro. Is there any way to see which of these two keys was used to upgrade to 10? Everywhere I have searched says that the old key is no longer a key. Is there anyway to see which of these two keys is still a valid windows 7 key?Im...
  6. Win 10 upgrade using win 7 OEM key(dell)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 upgrade using win 7 OEM key(dell): My Dell inspiron N5110 did not pass win upgrade compatibility test in back a long ago. now i have changed hardware and want to upgrade to Win10. there are 2 problems I cannot upgrade win10 using OEM product key using either DVD upgrade OR windows 10 download website. How to...
  7. Previously used license keys, which one to re-use for a VM

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Previously used license keys, which one to re-use for a VM: I always been buying retail versions of Windows. Right now I have a few licenses from v7/8/8.1 upgraded to W10 and a single new retail license (USB thumbdrive) of Windows 10. The new retail version I use on my host pc. The 'upgraded' versions I have...
  8. 20574 DLLs, which ones are used?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    20574 DLLs, which ones are used?: Anyone know how to check if a DLL has its APP installed or if it's just left over after the APP was removed to help me clean up the HDD. They range in size from 0 bytes to 73 MB. Ron Windows 10 P.S. Please don't tell me I have to check each one manually!*cry 92287
  9. upgrade from Win 10 to Win 10 pro using win 7 ultimate key?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgrade from Win 10 to Win 10 pro using win 7 ultimate key?: Hello, I have a computer running windows 10 with digital entitlement from Windows 7 home. I want to upgrade this computer to Windows 10 pro using a Windows 7 Ultimate key that I bought several years ago. It is my understanding that this should be possible with the November...
  10. If I buy an OEM version of win 10 pro will that one too be a 'one use'

in Windows 10 Support
    If I buy an OEM version of win 10 pro will that one too be a 'one use': ..Or will I be able to install it on the next computer I buy too? (will not have it active on old computer as it will be salvaged for parts) Any difference between Retail and OEM? 11987