Windows 10: Have Windows 7 computer. How can I preinstall windows 10 on a new disk to replace the old...

Discus and support Have Windows 7 computer. How can I preinstall windows 10 on a new disk to replace the old... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; OK. So, I have a computer now running windows 7 on a ~350GByte SSD. I just bought a new 1TB SSD. I would like to use the computer under windows 7 to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Alan Peters, Jun 6, 2019.

1. Have Windows 7 computer. How can I preinstall windows 10 on a new disk to replace the old...

OK. So, I have a computer now running windows 7 on a ~350GByte SSD. I just bought a new 1TB SSD. I would like to use the computer under windows 7 to install windows 10 on the new SSD and then swap out the smaller (W7 drive) for the new 1TB drive with W10 on it.

(1) Is that possible?

(2) If so, how do I do it? (I have a W10 installation DVD)

Alan

:)

Alan Peters, Jun 6, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 6, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Snipping Tool on Windows 7

All it is is one extra step beyond what is native to windows 10. Yes, technically it would be easier to have the functionality of print built in to the Windows 7 version, but you just have to save it ,and right click on it ,and print.

As far as getting the windows 10 version into windows7. I know there was a way to get the old winpaint, so maybe there's a way to get the snipping tool into 10, I don't know.

im curious if i could compress, and upload the application to this post? 7zip doesnt seem to be allowed

jboydgolfer, Jun 6, 2019
  4. dhdude Win User

Have Windows 7 computer. How can I preinstall windows 10 on a new disk to replace the old...

Replacing old hard drive, need way to copy Windows installation across

Hey Guys,
    What would be the best way of copying/imaging the entire contents of an old system drive over to a replacement hard disk for the same machine? I need to copy the Windows installations and all other data to the new drive, and then format the old drive to use as a backup.

Any suggestions? *Smile Have Windows 7 computer. How can I preinstall windows 10 on a new disk to replace the old... :)

dhdude, Jun 6, 2019
Thema:

Have Windows 7 computer. How can I preinstall windows 10 on a new disk to replace the old...

1. Have Windows 7 computer. How can I preinstall windows 10 on a new disk to replace the old... - Similar Threads - computer preinstall disk

2. Replace preinstalled Windows 11 with Windows 10 pro?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Replace preinstalled Windows 11 with Windows 10 pro?: I bought the perfect laptop for me, has all the features I wanted, etc. I thought Windows 11 had been an upgrade by the seller but I misread. Windows 11 was preinstalled.Is it possible to install Windows 10 on it, replacing Windows 11, without screwing up the laptop? I...
  3. Migrate from Old Windows 7 Computer to New Windows 10 Computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Migrate from Old Windows 7 Computer to New Windows 10 Computer: I'm helping my daughters family move from he old W7 laptop to a new W10 laptop. The old one only had her user account. The new one will have additional users.I'm tried to determine the best approach to move data and programs from the old to new laptop and set up new users....
  4. New computer with Win 10 - How to install Win 7 with disk to replace

New computer with Win 10 - How to install Win 7 with disk to replace: New computer with Win 10 - How to install Win 7 with disk to replace Win 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-computer-with-win-10-how-to-install-win-7-with/d1fc2fc3-5532-4779-9b3d-58634aa19bf4
  5. OLD COMPUTER WITH WINDOWS 7 / NEW COMPUTER WITH WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    OLD COMPUTER WITH WINDOWS 7 / NEW COMPUTER WITH WINDOWS 10: I HAVE AN ACCOUNT ON AN OLD COMPUTER WITH WINDOWS 7? I JUST BOUGHT A NEW "HP LAPTOP" WITH WINDOWS 10, AND OPENED A NEW ACCOUNT BY ACCIDENT, USING PHONE # 1-850-225-4905~!! MY OLD ACCOUNT IS "*** Email address is removed for privacy ***" and is what i use to sign-in to...
  6. Replacing the old Laptop with a new one having Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Replacing the old Laptop with a new one having Windows 10: Presently, I am in a possession of Fujitsu Lifebook T4310 Tablet PC, which I purchased in 2010. Microsoft has notified that they will discontinue with Windows 7 from January 2020. So I have been told to upgrade to a new Laptop which has windows 10. I would like to upgrade...
  7. Disk has pics windiws 7 old computer, not new one,10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disk has pics windiws 7 old computer, not new one,10: Hi I copied my photos, and some documents on my old computer windows 7 I put disc in brand new computer shows files, says nothing in them. Windiws 10. I rebooked up old computer CD works fine. What is problem? How do I fix, please Thankyou Lynn seaberg *** Email...
  8. How install Windows 7 on second drive on new PC with preinstalled Windows 10

How install Windows 7 on second drive on new PC with preinstalled Windows 10: Can I just install Windows 7 from DVD on my second (empty) drive and dual boot between Windows 10 and Windows 7 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-install-windows-7-on-second-drive-on-new-pc/1a513e42-1188-4a22-8323-e4309fbbce6a
  9. How Can I transfer Windows 7 to new computer

How Can I transfer Windows 7 to new computer: How Can I transfer Windows 7 to new computer from back up file on hard drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/how-can-i-transfer-windows-7-to-new-computer/97d8f664-620b-45b0-93a7-c7f3e489fac6
  10. Can i install windows 10 if i replace old hdd with new one?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can i install windows 10 if i replace old hdd with new one?: I have windows 10, but i have some problems, i think i will need to replace old hdd with new one, but i don't know if i will be still able to install windows 10. I don't know how microsoft will know this is still my pc. 12568