Windows 10: Have Windows "remember" scaling for different monitors?

Discus and support Have Windows "remember" scaling for different monitors? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I regularly use my Windows 10 notebook with three displays: • Built in 13.3" QHD 3200 x 1800 • External widescreen 27" 3840 x 2160 • 1080p... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AnderAnder, Feb 1, 2021.

1. Have Windows "remember" scaling for different monitors?

Hi,

I regularly use my Windows 10 notebook with three displays:

• Built in 13.3" QHD 3200 x 1800

• External widescreen 27" 3840 x 2160

• 1080p 42" TV 1920 x 1080

For the desktop and other objects to appear at normal size, each display requires a different scaling setting respectively:

• 250%

• 125%

• 100%

Each time I switch displays, to get the right scaling, I must:

1. Sign out of Windows

2. Connect the display

3. Open Display Settings, scroll down, open Advanced Scaling Settings

4. Scroll down, enter proper scaling percentage for new display

5. Click "Sign out now" to sign out of Windows again

6. Sign in again

This is quite tedious! Is there no way to have Windows 10 "remember" the scaling settings I choose?

It has no trouble communicating with each display to obtain its model number and specifications. For example, "Devices and Printers" shows me currently using "Philips 278E1 27 inch Wide LCD MONITOR 278E1". So it "knows" exactly what scaling is optimal for that display... Why doesn't it make that adjustment, and/or restore the scaling I previously set for that display? What possible reason could there be for it not to?

And yes—in Advanced Scaling Settings, "Let Windows try to fix apps so they're not blurry" is ON.

Thanks!

:)

AnderAnder, Feb 1, 2021
  2. DaveM121 Win User
    DaveM121, Feb 1, 2021
  3. Remember Scale settings on external monitor

I have a docking station for my laptop but right now, every time I connect up, Windows acts like it is seeing the monitor for the first time and using the same settings with that monitor that my laptop screen has.

Is there a way to get the machine to remember my scaling settings and such for the external monitor?

nhorton-F36C58F9-50B8-4B31-BB8F-9B948E7702AB, Feb 1, 2021
  4. Have Windows "remember" scaling for different monitors?

Scaling Issue With Extended Monitors

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing scaling issues when you connect a 4K monitor to the PC. For more clarity on the issue, please respond to the questions below:

1. What is the make and model of the PC?
    2. How the monitors are connected to the PC?
    3. What is the build version of Windows installed on the PC?
    4. Have you tried updating the display drivers?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to refer the article
    Windows scaling issues for high-DPI devices
    and check if that helps.

Please get back to us with the required information to assist you further with the issue.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Feb 1, 2021
Thema:

Have Windows "remember" scaling for different monitors?

1. Have Windows "remember" scaling for different monitors? - Similar Threads - remember scaling different

2. How can I use different custom scales for different monitors in windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I use different custom scales for different monitors in windows 11?: Hello, guys! So, I want to use my laptop with a custom scale of 115%, on it's natural resolution, but keep my monitor with 100%. I've tried everything within windows to make that change and it seems imposible. Is there some outside app that can help me with this problem?...
  3. Different Scaling on two monitors.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Different Scaling on two monitors.: Hello, On my new Win11 laptop I am unable to set different scaling on my laptops auxiliary monitor. My laptop is 2560x1600 on a 16" monitor and my aux is 35" on 1980x1080.On 100% scaling, the laptop's test is minuscule almost unreadable, so i set it to 125%.Now, my 35" also...
  4. Different Scaling on two monitors.

Different Scaling on two monitors.: Hello, On my new Win11 laptop I am unable to set different scaling on my laptops auxiliary monitor. My laptop is 2560x1600 on a 16" monitor and my aux is 35" on 1980x1080.On 100% scaling, the laptop's test is minuscule almost unreadable, so i set it to 125%.Now, my 35" also...
  5. How to equalize the scale of monitors with a different resolution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to equalize the scale of monitors with a different resolution: Hello,I have two monitors a 1440p monitor and a 1080p monitor. They are both the same size and sit next to each other. In the display settings the 1080p monitor is much smaller. Which causes apps to resize when moving them from one monitor to the other and the cursor move...
  6. How to equalize the scale of monitors with a different resolution

How to equalize the scale of monitors with a different resolution: Hello,I have two monitors a 1440p monitor and a 1080p monitor. They are both the same size and sit next to each other. In the display settings the 1080p monitor is much smaller. Which causes apps to resize when moving them from one monitor to the other and the cursor move...
  7. How to equalize the scale of monitors with a different resolution

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Monitor Scaling/dual monitors, different size, same resolution

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Monitor Scaling/dual monitors, different size, same resolution: So I have a dual monitor setup, my second monitor is 27in, and my main monitor is 24in, when using backgrounds like shown here, I cannot get my background to line up correctly, if I still want my mouse to move across the monitors smoothly, it seems like windows sees both...
  9. Different Window scaling with dual monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Different Window scaling with dual monitors: I'm running Windows 10 on a Dell Optiplex PC with primary monitor a Lenovo 24" 1920x1080. When I connect to my Samsung 55" 4K LED TV as a second Extended monitor, also @1920x1080 resolution, the wallpaper and icons scale perfectly. i.e. the 1920x1080 photo exactly fills...
  10. Please fix the blur bug when dual monitors have different scale!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Please fix the blur bug when dual monitors have different scale!: The problem was mentioned several years ago https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings-winpc/display-scaling-blurry-text-when-using-multiple/b433885e-827e-42bf-86cf-1df8e530a9fb?tm=1507366207768 , and it's hard to believe that he hasn't been...