Windows 10: Have Windows Server 2012R2 connected to Windows 7 computer but can't connect to Windows 10...

Discus and support Have Windows Server 2012R2 connected to Windows 7 computer but can't connect to Windows 10... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I would like to receive some help. I just purchased a new drive for my server for extra storage. I have been able to map a network drive to my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Grandspumoni, Sep 17, 2019.

1. Have Windows Server 2012R2 connected to Windows 7 computer but can't connect to Windows 10...

I would like to receive some help. I just purchased a new drive for my server for extra storage. I have been able to map a network drive to my windows 7 computer (just as I always did) but can't get the same to happen with my windows 10 desktop.

The windows 10 desktop still shows (and gives access to the files) the mapped drives that I previously setup, but now doesn't even see my network? As a matter of fact, it now doesn't show the other computer on the network.

How can I restore my network connection or at least map/access my new server drive?

Any help is appreciated.

:)

Grandspumoni, Sep 17, 2019
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Windows 7 and Remote Desktop Connection

This wouldn't be the issue here since the user can connect to the server using a different machine.

This is definitely a client side issue.

newtekie1, Sep 17, 2019
  3. Windows XP to Windows 7 Connection Issue

We have 5 computers in the office here, 3 on Windows 7 and 2 still on Windows XP. My problem is that on the XP machines I can see all 3 Windows 7 computers but can only access 2 of them. I checked my sharing & security settings and i'm pretty sure I set all of them up the same way.

Anyone have any ideas as to what my problem is? Oh and I think I reset both one of the XP machines and the Windows 7 machine that I couldn't connect to. When I did this i'm pretty sure it worked for...a while.

Thanks in advance.

computersolutions, Sep 17, 2019
  4. 95Viper Win User

Have Windows Server 2012R2 connected to Windows 7 computer but can't connect to Windows 10...

Upgrading to Windows 10 from windows 7 and losing internet connection

Did you run the Windows 10 connection troubleshooter?

Troubleshoot Internet connection problems

Also, check in the "Device Manager" to see if the network adapter is ok.
    You may need to un-install it and then "Scan for new devices".

This is published by HP; however, it gives some good info on troubleshooting with the device manager.
    HP PCs - Device Manager Information (Windows 10, 8)

95Viper, Sep 17, 2019
Thema:

Have Windows Server 2012R2 connected to Windows 7 computer but can't connect to Windows 10...

1. Have Windows Server 2012R2 connected to Windows 7 computer but can't connect to Windows 10... - Similar Threads - Server 2012R2 connected

2. Windows 7 can't connect to wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 can't connect to wifi: Hello, Please help me, I have a Microsoft Windows 7 laptop "Home Extended"! And I can't connect my wifi in my laptop in any way. I don't have a router, I have two school Hotpots from two providers: T-mobile and Verizon. When I try to connect your wife to a laptop, the...
  3. Windows 7 can't connect to wifi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 7 can't connect to wifi: Hello, Please help me, I have a Microsoft Windows 7 laptop "Home Extended"! And I can't connect my wifi in my laptop in any way. I don't have a router, I have two school Hotpots from two providers: T-mobile and Verizon. When I try to connect your wife to a laptop, the...
  4. Win 7 connects and shares on server 2016 but windows 10 can connect to domain but not...

Win 7 connects and shares on server 2016 but windows 10 can connect to domain but not...: Win 7 connects and shares on server 2016 but windows 10 can connect to domain but not access files error code 0x80070035Howncan i fix this i have tried all fixes i can see on internet, is it smb, inhave removed smb1 and installed v2 with powershell but now my workstation...
  5. Win 7 connects and shares on server 2016 but windows 10 can connect to domain but not...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win 7 connects and shares on server 2016 but windows 10 can connect to domain but not...: Win 7 connects and shares on server 2016 but windows 10 can connect to domain but not access files error code 0x80070035Howncan i fix this i have tried all fixes i can see on internet, is it smb, inhave removed smb1 and installed v2 with powershell but now my workstation...
  6. Windows Server 2012R2 Auto Restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Server 2012R2 Auto Restart: Hi Master,I got issue with my server, auto restart and error come out as below: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-server-2012r2-auto-restart/6e29e15e-5b7e-46de-ac2a-159c83ac06eb
  7. Windows Server 2012R2 Auto Restart

Windows Server 2012R2 Auto Restart: Hi Master,I got issue with my server, auto restart and error come out as below: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-server-2012r2-auto-restart/6e29e15e-5b7e-46de-ac2a-159c83ac06eb
  8. Windows 10 can't connect to the primary dfs server

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 can't connect to the primary dfs server: I dropped my computer one day and the result was that it would no longer connect to the internet either wirelessly or with an ethernet connection. I get a yellow triangle on the wireless icon. I tried connecting with a usb dongle and that did not work either. A friend took...
  9. Blue Screen Windows Server 2012R2

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue Screen Windows Server 2012R2: Periodically the server goes to blue screen and reboots, the frequency is once a month. The reason for leaving judging by the dump is one and the same kernel executable ntoskrnl.exe errors can be different (Crach adress): ntoskrnl.exe + 1552a0 ntoskrnl.exe + 154fa0...
  10. Can't connect to Windows Update Server

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't connect to Windows Update Server: I have finished doing the anniversary updates and all went ok. However yesterday being Tuesday I went to the Windows Update section to do any updates that were available and kept of getting a reply could not connect to the update server. All of my other computers that had...