Windows 10: have you ever wanted to know how to remove Cortana for good? Well here u go!

Discus and support have you ever wanted to know how to remove Cortana for good? Well here u go! in Cortana to solve the problem; How to uninstall the Cortana app These steps require a little tinkering, so a word of caution. Since you're going to be poking around in PowerShell,... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Dydric, May 15, 2021.

1. Dydric Win User

have you ever wanted to know how to remove Cortana for good? Well here u go!

How to uninstall the Cortana app These steps require a little tinkering, so a word of caution. Since you're going to be poking around in PowerShell, back up your system first. Our best cloud backup solutions provide easy ways to protect your data. Open the Start Menu and type in PowerShell.Right click on Windows PowerShell.Select 'Run as administrator'.Type the following text minus the ' marks in: 'Get-AppxPackage -allusers Microsoft.549981C3F5F10 Remove-AppxPackage'Press Enter.Good by

:)

Dydric, May 15, 2021

2. Removing unwanted TSR programs like Cortana

Hello George,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Cortana cannot be removed from Windows 10. However, you can disable cortana by following the below provided steps:

• Type Cortana on your Start Screen Search Bar.
    • It should show you Cortana & Search Settings. Select it
    • The first toggle button will turn off Cortana.
    • Anytime you want to turn it on, follow the same steps
    Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Harkanwar Singh, May 15, 2021
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Cortana's bug

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Cortana might have been hidden, you can enable Cortana by following the below mentioned steps:

1. Right click on the taskbar and click on Cortana.
    2. Select the option Show search box or Show Cortana icon.

However, you can follow the troubleshooting steps from
    Troubleshoot problems with the Start menu or Cortana

NOTE: The last step in the article mentioned is to Reset the PC. Resetting the PC will remove the data and programs/applications installed on the computer. We suggest you to take a data backup if you want to reset the PC.

If the above steps didn’t help you fix the problem, reply to the following questions:

• Since when are you facing this issue?
    • Have you made any changes to the computer recently?

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 15, 2021
  4. have you ever wanted to know how to remove Cortana for good? Well here u go!

Cortana

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

This issue can occur if some of the system files are not working as expected.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to
    troubleshoot Cortana on the PC

Note: Do not go with the ‘Reset PC’ option for now.

Method 1: Follow these steps to disable Cortana:

1. Sign-in to the PC with your Microsoft account.
    2. In the search box at the bottom, type Disable Cortana.
    3. Once the suggestions appear in the list, click Cortana & Search settings.
    4. From the right section of the Settings pane, move the top button to ‘Off’ to disable Cortana from Windows 10.

Method 2: Follow these steps to check if that helps.

1. Launch Cortana from the search bar on the taskbar.
    2. Then, from the left pane click the settings button.
    3. Under "Cortana" (the first option) and slide the pill switch to the ‘Off’ position.

Method 3: Launch the Settings app and click on Privacy. Navigate to Speech, inking, & typing, and click Stop getting to know me. These steps will disable Cortana.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, May 15, 2021
Thema:

have you ever wanted to know how to remove Cortana for good? Well here u go!

1. have you ever wanted to know how to remove Cortana for good? Well here u go! - Similar Threads - ever wanted remove

2. How to remove VMWare if you don't have it or know what it is?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove VMWare if you don't have it or know what it is?: I downloaded Exam4 and while attempting a practice exam I encountered a code violation during the security check. The Exam4 support page lists the violation as " Violation 501 indicates Exam4 has detected VMWare on your computer, specifically VMWare Tools. You will need to...
  3. How to remove VMWare if you don't have it or know what it is?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove VMWare if you don't have it or know what it is?: I downloaded Exam4 and while attempting a practice exam I encountered a code violation during the security check. The Exam4 support page lists the violation as " Violation 501 indicates Exam4 has detected VMWare on your computer, specifically VMWare Tools. You will need to...
  4. How to remove VMWare if you don't have it or know what it is?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. I have this tab that won't go and I don't know how to remove it.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I have this tab that won't go and I don't know how to remove it.: [ATTACH] My pc runs perfectly fine but about an hour ago I found this tab. I don't know if it's a virus and I can't remove it. Can someone help me with this?...
  6. Here's A Good One

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Here's A Good One: When my window starts up, I always (most of the time) go to the start button to look at something. But I've noticed lately that because I"m using Classic Start, that the button doesn't change to the button I want. So how can I tell Windows that on boot up, I want this button...
  7. OK i know this might not go down well but...

in Windows 10 Support
    OK i know this might not go down well but...: Hello Yesterday i decided to let W10 go ahead and download feature update 2004 and be done with it already because it was appearing as "pending" in Windows Update. Now before this i knew it might take some time but i never imagined it would take this long. It took 3 HOURS...
  8. New here... and well..

New here... and well..: I'm an idiot, got drunk and thought I was a pirate and apparently installed that game Green Hell, played it to the campfire scene when it started shooting out a high-pitched noise and restarted the PC. Now it is stuck in the auto repair loop, and I tried the 6 out of 7 steps...
  9. does anyone know what is going on here

does anyone know what is going on here: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/crazycule05 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fkwuul/does_anyone_know_what_is_going_on_here/
  10. If you want to get rid of error's , Event ID 37, 7000, Here you go...

in Windows 10 Support
    If you want to get rid of error's , Event ID 37, 7000, Here you go...: I just did a windows 10 install, when I got done I had this errors. Event ID 37 (This one was showing up twice) Event ID 7000... *Banghead If your sick of seeing them here you go. This cleared both errors for me...*ROFLMAO2...