Windows 10: Have you had problems since a recent update to Brother MFC-J5335DW?

Discus and support Have you had problems since a recent update to Brother MFC-J5335DW? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; There was an update to my Brother Printer/Scanner MFC-J5335DW a few days ago - it installed v6.1.0.38.Since then, it will neither print nor scan using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Taffy078, Jun 19, 2020.

1. Taffy078 Win User

Have you had problems since a recent update to Brother MFC-J5335DW?

There was an update to my Brother Printer/Scanner MFC-J5335DW a few days ago - it installed v6.1.0.38.Since then, it will neither print nor scan using the unit's screen controls. It will print if I select a document and print using the Print command there.

Brother Support are looking into the problem but are giving me the impression that no-one else had problems.

It will help me in my discussions with them if I can establish whether any other customers has had problems.

I'd appreciate hearing from you. Thanks.

Windows 10 v2004 build 19041.329

:)

Taffy078, Jun 19, 2020
  2. jacobacci Win User

Brother MFC J6720DW listed with strange icon in Devices and Printers

I have reinstalled the drivers for my Brother MFC J6720DW and now the printer icon is listed in the unspecified category instead of the printer category. The printer is the "Device" icon to the right.

Have you had problems since a recent update to Brother MFC-J5335DW? [​IMG]

Right clicking on the icon shows the usual items for a printer (printing properties etc.), In addition it shows a "Browse Files" entry that lists the card reader of the printer.

To the left of the Brother printer icon there is another similar one that seems to be my USB card reader

jacobacci, Jun 19, 2020
  3. TimLowell Win User
    Brother driver update for Brother MFC-7840W

Windows Update (Windows 10) keeps installing this "update" repeatedly:

Brother driver update for Brother MFC-7840W

Usually it succeeds, but other times it fails and I get a notice in my Action Center. It's been doing this as far back as the Update History goes, 8/22/15.

The Brother web site does not indicate any driver updates for this model since 2010.

Any ideas?

TimLowell, Jun 19, 2020
  4. Have you had problems since a recent update to Brother MFC-J5335DW?

Brother MFC-J480DW

My Brother MFC J480DW is not working

JohnHeidelberger, Jun 19, 2020
Thema:

Have you had problems since a recent update to Brother MFC-J5335DW?

1. Have you had problems since a recent update to Brother MFC-J5335DW? - Similar Threads - problems since recent

2. Brother MFC 490CW Scanning Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brother MFC 490CW Scanning Problem: I have a Brother MFC 490CW all-in-one using Windows 11. My unit is malfunctioning in the Scan to Email, Scan to OCR, Scan to Image functions. However, the Scan to File option is working.In comparing the Windows 10 versus Windows 11 software download offerings for this model...
  3. Brother MFC 490CW Scanning Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Brother MFC 490CW Scanning Problem: I have a Brother MFC 490CW all-in-one using Windows 11. My unit is malfunctioning in the Scan to Email, Scan to OCR, Scan to Image functions. However, the Scan to File option is working.In comparing the Windows 10 versus Windows 11 software download offerings for this model...
  4. BROTHER MFC-J995DW

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BROTHER MFC-J995DW: Why I can't get my Brother MFC-J995DW to connect to my laptop it was connected but it stopped working so I removed it now I am trying to reinstall it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brother-mfc-j995dw/2bff0a52-6ae0-413f-8720-5e033def6ec2
  5. BROTHER MFC-J995DW

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BROTHER MFC-J995DW: Why I can't get my Brother MFC-J995DW to connect to my laptop it was connected but it stopped working so I removed it now I am trying to reinstall it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brother-mfc-j995dw/2bff0a52-6ae0-413f-8720-5e033def6ec2
  6. BROTHER MFC-J995DW

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Printing Issue after recent update on Brother MFC-490CW

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Printing Issue after recent update on Brother MFC-490CW: Hi there, I have run the same system now for a number of years and print using a Brother MFC-490CW. Two months ago, a Windows update set to automatic caused the printer to completely stop printing and required an additional update to rectify the problem - the result being...
  8. BROTHER MFC 5460CN

BROTHER MFC 5460CN: I have an MFC 5460CN hook up to a network and it will not scan or fax I have to hook it up to USB, there is no driver for this MFC on downland, I would like to know why Windows 10 didn't support this or have a download for it....
  9. Brother MFC-465CN printer is not printing since updates

Brother MFC-465CN printer is not printing since updates: Hopefully, someone will be able to help me. Ever since the 6/2020 Microsoft updates, I have not been able to print from my computer. I have Windows 10 version 1909. I can scan and copy just fine, but cannot print anything. My Brother printer MFC-465CN is not listed in the...
  10. brother mfc 250c - windwon 10 update problem

brother mfc 250c - windwon 10 update problem: i got brother mfc 250c, after updating windows 10 update my printer does not work. i have contacted brother they said there is problem in windwos update kindly advice how to fix this problem many thanks...