Windows 10: Haven’t used computer in a couple months, went to use today and it let me input our pin and...

Discus and support Haven’t used computer in a couple months, went to use today and it let me input our pin and... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I went from using our computer daily for several hours to not using it at all for a few months. I did use it in April to do our taxes and it seemed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Taylor Sexton, Jun 5, 2023.

1. Haven’t used computer in a couple months, went to use today and it let me input our pin and...

I went from using our computer daily for several hours to not using it at all for a few months. I did use it in April to do our taxes and it seemed fine.Today I went to log in to it to do a job application. I turned it on and put in our pin.Our desktop loaded but then when I tried to open the internet, nothing worked. It didn’t even act like I clicked anything.So I shut it down, thinking this was probably just lag from lack of use. But the next three times I tried to reboot, it just went to a black screen with the cursor after inputting our pin.Please help, we’re not sure what’s wrong or what

:)

Taylor Sexton, Jun 5, 2023
  2. Anne Fuj Win User

Can't use my PIN to login any longer

Hi Tim,

To further assist you in signing in to your Windows computer, you can follow the steps provided below:

• From your
      lockscreen, check if the "Sign-in option" is available.

• Then click the option to use PIN.

• Enter PIN.

If that didn't work, we highly suggest that you create a new account/PIN that you can use to log in to your computer.

For more information on how to create a user account in Windows, you can click in this

support article

Let us know if you need further help.

Anne Fuj, Jun 5, 2023
  3. I cannot login using my pin on insider preview 627-1607

Hello Jerry,

This issue could be caused due to some incorrect settings or due to some corrupt system files/ user profile files.

Please provide us more in formation to help you further:

• What happens when you select Pin as the sign in option in the log in screen?

• Do you see the input field to enter the PIN?

• What happens when you enter the PIN?

• Have you checked if the issue persists in other user accounts?

I suggest you to try the following methods below and check if I helps:

First, I suggest you to remove the PIN and set it up once again and check. If the issue persists even after resetting the PIN, then try these steps:

Method 1: SFC scan

First, I would suggest you to run the System File check scan and check if it resolves the issue. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Refer to
    these steps to perform a SFC scan:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated command prompt
    • In the command prompt type the following command:
      sfc/scannow
      and press enter
    • Now, restart the computer.

Method 2: New user account

If the above steps didn’t help, then I suggest you to check if the issue persists in other user accounts. If you face the same issue in other user accounts as well, then I would suggest you to create a new user account and check
    if the issue persists. These steps are performed to check if the issue is caused due to some corrupt user profile files. Refer to this article to create a new user account:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...18c/create-a-local-user-account-in-windows-10

Try these steps and let us know the results. We’d be happy to help if you need any further assistance.

Anju Thekkethil, Jun 5, 2023
  4. Haven’t used computer in a couple months, went to use today and it let me input our pin and...

Unable to login using The login PIN

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the pin and check fi it helps.

• In the login page next to “PIN password option”.
    • You will find “Other sign in options”, click on it will prompt you for regular password.
    • Enter regular password and login to the computer.
    • I suggest you to click on the Start Menu
      and select settings.
    • Now select Accounts.
    • Next select the tab Sign-in option.
    • Under the “PIN tab” click on “ADD” option.
    • It will prompt you for current pin password and new password, please provide
      new password then apply the changes, restart
      the computer and check if it works.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jun 5, 2023
Thema:

Haven’t used computer in a couple months, went to use today and it let me input our pin and...

1. Haven’t used computer in a couple months, went to use today and it let me input our pin and... - Similar Threads - Haven’t used computer

2. Haven’t used computer in a couple months, went to use today and it let me input our pin and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Haven’t used computer in a couple months, went to use today and it let me input our pin and...: I went from using our computer daily for several hours to not using it at all for a few months. I did use it in April to do our taxes and it seemed fine.Today I went to log in to it to do a job application. I turned it on and put in our pin.Our desktop loaded but then when I...
  3. Haven’t used computer in a couple months, went to use today and it let me input our pin and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Haven’t used computer in a couple months, went to use today and it let me input our pin and...: I went from using our computer daily for several hours to not using it at all for a few months. I did use it in April to do our taxes and it seemed fine.Today I went to log in to it to do a job application. I turned it on and put in our pin.Our desktop loaded but then when I...
  4. Pin loop not letting me input my pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pin loop not letting me input my pin: Hello im windows 11 When i press pacbar to input my pin it takes me back to the screen i in i press spacebar again and it does the same thing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pin-loop-not-letting-me-input-my-pin/c96c325a-6a63-4350-a546-86bcb3a0015b
  5. Pin loop not letting me input my pin

Pin loop not letting me input my pin: Hello im windows 11 When i press pacbar to input my pin it takes me back to the screen i in i press spacebar again and it does the same thing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pin-loop-not-letting-me-input-my-pin/c96c325a-6a63-4350-a546-86bcb3a0015b
  6. Forgot PIN, wont let me use password, wont let me reset PIN, doesnt let me sign in with...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Forgot PIN, wont let me use password, wont let me reset PIN, doesnt let me sign in with...: I've forgotten the PIN to my laptop, when I click the 'i forgot my pin' button it loads for a second then does nothing, theres no option to sign in with password, there no option to sign in with a different account, when i type in a random PIN it says to sign in with an...
  7. Forgot PIN, wont let me use password, wont let me reset PIN, doesnt let me sign in with...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forgot PIN, wont let me use password, wont let me reset PIN, doesnt let me sign in with...: I've forgotten the PIN to my laptop, when I click the 'i forgot my pin' button it loads for a second then does nothing, theres no option to sign in with password, there no option to sign in with a different account, when i type in a random PIN it says to sign in with an...
  8. Forgot PIN, wont let me use password, wont let me reset PIN, doesnt let me sign in with...

9. Not using Surface Pro 4 for a couple months

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Not using Surface Pro 4 for a couple months: I will not be using my Surface Pro 4 for a couple months and I've heard rumors that it can permanently damage the laptop. What should I do to ensure function after not using my laptop for a couple months?...
  10. Won't let me use a PIN to log in....

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Won't let me use a PIN to log in....: Windows claims I got my PIN wrong too many times and has locked it out. I can get in with the my password, but that is more difficult. It said I had to have the computer on for 2 hours to reset my PIN. So I left it on, but it didn't help. I deleted the PIN and tried to set...