Windows 10: Having 10-40 minute login screens.

Discus and support Having 10-40 minute login screens. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My computer boots to login in about 10-20 seconds, but then takes anywhere from 10 minutes to 40 minutes to log me in to my desktop, I have tried a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/UberMedic1809, Oct 3, 2020.

1. Having 10-40 minute login screens.

My computer boots to login in about 10-20 seconds, but then takes anywhere from 10 minutes to 40 minutes to log me in to my desktop, I have tried a clean boot and there was no change. Any advice for what to do?

submitted by /u/UberMedic1809
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/UberMedic1809, Oct 3, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Oct 3, 2020
  3. rmanasa Win User
    Lock vs Login screen screenshot

Hi Josey -

Thanks for the quick reply. While your suggestion does change the sign in process, it doesn't address the differing screenshot question. Following the steps doesn't make the login screenshot the same as the Lock screenshot. As I mentioned, I can't even find the screenshots being used for both screens.

Still looking a solution to this. Open to any other suggestions you might have to the problem. Thanks!

rmanasa, Oct 3, 2020
  4. Having 10-40 minute login screens.

Lock vs Login screen screenshot

You can use your own image of any background and just go to settings/personalize/lock screen and click on browse as in the image below. It should make whatever picture you use as the Lock Screen

Having 10-40 minute login screens. [​IMG]

Josey Wales, Oct 3, 2020
Thema:

Having 10-40 minute login screens.

1. Having 10-40 minute login screens. - Similar Threads - Having minute login

2. Random BSOD every 40 minutes or so

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random BSOD every 40 minutes or so: Getting a Kernel_Dada_Inpage_Error about every 40 minutes or so. This happens when I'm doing nothing at all. I can leave and come back and after awhile I will just get an error. Upon reboot it will say 'insert boot disk.' I will go into F2 settings when restarting to manually...
  3. Random BSOD every 40 minutes or so

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random BSOD every 40 minutes or so: Getting a Kernel_Dada_Inpage_Error about every 40 minutes or so. This happens when I'm doing nothing at all. I can leave and come back and after awhile I will just get an error. Upon reboot it will say 'insert boot disk.' I will go into F2 settings when restarting to manually...
  4. Random BSOD every 40 minutes or so

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 10 Logon takes around 40 minutes

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Logon takes around 40 minutes: Hi, After entering my passwort, Windows 10 takes around 40 minutes to load my desktop. It appeared recently, so I assume it has to do with the 20H2 update. I used the Windows Performance Analyzer to analyze my boot. However, I need some help interpreting the results. I'll...
  6. Screen stuck on "Restarting" for 40 minutes

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Screen stuck on "Restarting" for 40 minutes: Windows 10 Home (x64) Version 20H2 Build 19042.746 Restarting for a Windows update, and for the 40 minutes it's just a black screen with the word Restarting in the center. No spinning circles, no anything. Just the black screen with the word Restarting. Should I do a hard...
  7. Screen stuck on "Restarting" for 40 minutes

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen stuck on "Restarting" for 40 minutes: Windows 10 Home (x64) Version 20H2 Build 19042.746 Restarting for a Windows update, and for the 40 minutes it's just a black screen with the word Restarting in the center. No spinning circles, no anything. Just the black screen with the word Restarting. Should I do a hard...
  8. windows 10 takes 40 minutes upwards to an hour to log on.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    windows 10 takes 40 minutes upwards to an hour to log on.: ever since i upgraded from 4 gb to 8 gb, going in from a cold boot on windows 10 would cause everything to load rather quickly, but it taking 40 minutes to an hour to actually login to windows, i dont know why and logging in from sleep mode logs in instantly. submitted by...
  9. Pc freezes in 20 to 40 minutes of work

Pc freezes in 20 to 40 minutes of work: I have this pc since 2017 and it worked very well but I got a problem. My pc freezes and I cant move anything and when I force shut down it does it again help please...
  10. Windows 10 crashing every 30 to 40 minutes

Windows 10 crashing every 30 to 40 minutes: Hello All, My Windows 10 is frequently crashing a lot. Its been almost a week now. I have no idea how to analyze the root cause of the problem. The problem seems to start when I'm using office products such as Excel and Word and sometimes both at the same time. Can...