Windows 10: having 2 monitors connected to a pc

Discus and support having 2 monitors connected to a pc in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; do i need a dp cable? display cable I am just having trouble figuring out why my pc is projecting 1 desktop onto two monitors. It wont detect the 2nd... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LHardy2, Jan 17, 2021.

1. LHardy2 Win User

having 2 monitors connected to a pc

do i need a dp cable? display cable
    I am just having trouble figuring out why my pc is projecting 1 desktop onto two monitors. It wont detect the 2nd monitor as one at all. I currently am using a hdmi splitter which i thought would be appropriate to attach 2 monitors but its still outputting only one

:)

LHardy2, Jan 17, 2021

2. i have a problem to connect 2 monitors.

Hi Ron,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• What changes did you make in the BIOS? As making the changes in the BIOS is only recommended by Microsoft if done by the manufacturer.
    • How are you connecting to the 2nd monitor?
    I suggest you to follow the steps from this article below:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/how-connect-multiple-monitors

[Applies to Windows 10 as well]

Regards.

SujataMoktan, Jan 17, 2021
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Things to do once connected new G-Sync monitor

I'm getting my G-Sync monitor today.

I think I have to take the following steps:

• Connect 1440p G-sync monitor with DP cable
    • Connect second 1080p 60Hz monitor by HDMI
    • Startup PC
    • Reinstall display driver
    • Restart PC (I always do that after display driver install)
    • Activate G-Sync in NV control panel (I believe also V-Sync is auto on after that?)
    • Set my 1440p monitor from 1080p to 1440p
    • Calibrate my 1440p monitor
    Also ingame, I should turn off V-Sync?
    Are there any problems running a second 60Hz 1080p monitor?

Is there anything else I should do/know?

P4-630, Jan 17, 2021
  4. having 2 monitors connected to a pc

Night Light Setting and Third Monitor.

Hi Reagan,

We would like to ask you some questions in order assist you properly:

• Did Night light work previously on all three monitors?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your PC?
    • Are you getting an error message on the third monitor regarding Night light?
    • Is the third monitor being detected by your PC?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you performed so far?

While waiting for your response, we suggest that you try to connect your third monitor to what you are using on the 2 working monitors to see if it is only a loose connection issue.

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Jan 17, 2021
Thema:

having 2 monitors connected to a pc

1. having 2 monitors connected to a pc - Similar Threads - having monitors connected

2. 2 display showing when I have 3 monitors connected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 display showing when I have 3 monitors connected: I bought a dual HDMI splitter I have 3 monitors laptop including as 1 monitor when I select settings to the multiple displays, the computer only recognizes 2 monitors. it then proceeds to have my two screen monitors mirror each other while having my lapton monitor screen as...
  3. 2 display showing when I have 3 monitors connected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2 display showing when I have 3 monitors connected: I bought a dual HDMI splitter I have 3 monitors laptop including as 1 monitor when I select settings to the multiple displays, the computer only recognizes 2 monitors. it then proceeds to have my two screen monitors mirror each other while having my lapton monitor screen as...
  4. 2 display showing when I have 3 monitors connected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. problem with 2 monitors and a TV connect to the same PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    problem with 2 monitors and a TV connect to the same PC: I have 2 monitors and a TV connected to the same PCthe 2 monitors are extended to each other. the TV is a duplicate for the second display.I want if possible a Powershell or CMD script to do the next:change the TV to duplicate the main screen without running any other...
  6. problem with 2 monitors and a TV connect to the same PC

problem with 2 monitors and a TV connect to the same PC: I have 2 monitors and a TV connected to the same PCthe 2 monitors are extended to each other. the TV is a duplicate for the second display.I want if possible a Powershell or CMD script to do the next:change the TV to duplicate the main screen without running any other...
  7. my pc thinks i have 2 monitors and it keeps making usb connect/disconnect sound

my pc thinks i have 2 monitors and it keeps making usb connect/disconnect sound: hello, i got this message:DescriptionA problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.Problem signatureProblem Event Name: LiveKernelEventCode: 1a8Parameter 1: 1Parameter 2: 0Parameter 3: 0Parameter 4: 0OS version: 10_0_19044Service Pack: 0_0Product:...
  8. my pc thinks i have 2 monitors and it keeps making usb connect/disconnect sound

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my pc thinks i have 2 monitors and it keeps making usb connect/disconnect sound: hello, i got this message:DescriptionA problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.Problem signatureProblem Event Name: LiveKernelEventCode: 1a8Parameter 1: 1Parameter 2: 0Parameter 3: 0Parameter 4: 0OS version: 10_0_19044Service Pack: 0_0Product:...
  9. Connecting 2 monitors to my laptop

Connecting 2 monitors to my laptop: I have a HP Envy x360 and I need to connect 2 monitors to it. I also purchased a Targus VersaLink Dual Video Docking Station. I have connected it all but still cannot get both external monitors to work....any advise??...
  10. How to list 2 monitors as 1 connected to 1 PC?

How to list 2 monitors as 1 connected to 1 PC?: So, I'm using this program called aster which lets you turn your one computer into 2. For some reason this program doesn't allow you to have 2 monitors on one workplace. Is there a way to list 2 monitors as 1? OS: Windows 10 Processor: 64 bit...