Windows 10: Having 2 or more windows open at the same time in File Explorer

Discus and support Having 2 or more windows open at the same time in File Explorer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I open File Explorer and open a window, say D:\Archives, I often want to see another window for, say D:\Todo but the D:\Archives window closes.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JJG10, Jul 22, 2018.

1. JJG10 Win User

Having 2 or more windows open at the same time in File Explorer

When I open File Explorer and open a window, say D:\Archives, I often want to see another window for, say D:\Todo but the D:\Archives window closes. I'm almost sure there must be a way to keep two or more windows open in one instance of File Explorer but my tired old mind just can't remember how to do it.

Will really appreciate any help.

Thank you.

:)

JJG10, Jul 22, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 22, 2018
  3. geno368 Win User
    Some files listed in Windows Explorer are blue font

I seem to have run out of room on a Windows XP Pro system. I tried to defrag but don't have but 7% room available. I looked in Windows Explorer to try to find some huge files that might be corrupt and I see a few that are listed in blue. What does that mean? I have not compressed anything on purpose. Thanks

geno368, Jul 22, 2018
  4. KindOfCat Win User

Can't Open File Explorer on Windows 10

This suggestion didn't work. File Explorer appears to activate on my system, but it activates in a minimized state. No matter what I do, I cannot find a way to expand the File Explorer program. Now I don't have any way to access my files. I need to access
    my files, or find out if it is even possible to role back my operating system to Windows 8.1. Can you help restore access to my files?

If you can't help my access my File Explorer to have access to my files, can you provide instructions on how I can roll back to Windows 8.1 on my Microsoft Surface Pro 2?

KindOfCat, Jul 22, 2018
Thema:

1. Having 2 or more windows open at the same time in File Explorer - Similar Threads - Having more open

2. File explorer opens when I press a,w, and e at the same time

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer opens when I press a,w, and e at the same time: Every time I am playing games I accidentally at least once hit a, w, and e at the same time which is causing me to open file explorer for some reason I don't really know how to go about fixing it or what has caused it to begin with....
  3. File explorer opens when I press a,w, and e at the same time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer opens when I press a,w, and e at the same time: Every time I am playing games I accidentally at least once hit a, w, and e at the same time which is causing me to open file explorer for some reason I don't really know how to go about fixing it or what has caused it to begin with....
  4. File explorer opens when I press a,w, and e at the same time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Is it possible to open two file explorers on the same window?

Is it possible to open two file explorers on the same window?: I'm trying to open a few file explorers on the same windows and have them separated by tabs, so instead of showing 4 differents windows when I hover over the icon at the bottom, it will show only one, when I click and open it, it will show me the most recent one and 4...
  6. Is it possible to open two file explorers on the same window?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to open two file explorers on the same window?: I'm trying to open a few file explorers on the same windows and have them separated by tabs, so instead of showing 4 differents windows when I hover over the icon at the bottom, it will show only one, when I click and open it, it will show me the most recent one and 4...
  7. Is it possible to open two file explorers on the same window?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Open multiple files at the same time?

Open multiple files at the same time?: When I R-Click on a file I can choose the Open With option to choose what program to open the file with but when I select multiple files and R-Click them the Open With option disappears. Why does that happen? Basically I want to open 5 jpeg images in Photoshop but...
  9. How do I open multiple files on File Explorer at the same time?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I open multiple files on File Explorer at the same time?: For some reason whenever I select multiple files, for example 2 videos, only one video gets opened. I was wondering if there was a way for me to do this. submitted by /u/Killjoy3879 [link] [comments]...
  10. Open 2 file explorer windows

in Windows 10 Support
    Open 2 file explorer windows: Often I find the need to have these 2 windows open and I have not been able to do so on win10. I'm sure there is a way - pls show me. Thanks. 123914

Users found this page by searching for:

1. On Windows 10 how to have 2 windows open at the same time

2. having problem with open 2 or more windows

3. two or more open windows