Windows 10: Having a blue screen error 'system thread Exception not handled'

Discus and support Having a blue screen error 'system thread Exception not handled' in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My computer got powered off in error & when I powered it back on again I got "preparing automatic repair" & then the blue screen with the above... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ear9jr, Nov 24, 2019.

1. Ear9jr Win User

Having a blue screen error 'system thread Exception not handled'

My computer got powered off in error & when I powered it back on again I got "preparing automatic repair" & then the blue screen with the above mentioned error & it just loops over & over again. Tried turning the computer on & off again trying to get it to a safe mode but no difference loop just started again. My F keys are not functional as I tried the F8 & F11 several times with not effect. Went on to the Windows 'Stopcode' site & while the error was listed there none of the answers under the error listed above fit my situation. Any help or direction would be helpful. I'm using Windows 10 that I downloaded from their site when it came out.

:)

Ear9jr, Nov 24, 2019

2. Blue Screen System Thread Exception Not Handled

What causes my blue screen? I was just searching the Internet when I had gotten a blue screen and it told me System Thread Exception Not Handled (Qcamain10x64.sys).

alexabecerra, Nov 24, 2019
  3. System Thread Exception Not Handled?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

The System Thread Exception Not Handled error in Windows mostly occur due to incompatible or old graphics card drivers. System Thread Exception Not Handled error is often displayed along with the Blue Screen of Death

I suggest you to boot into Safe Mode environment and update your graphic drivers.

Method 1: Update drivers.

I suggest you to update graphic drivers and check if it helps. Follow the steps given below.

• Press Windows key + X key and click on
      Device manager.
    • Search for Display Adapters.
    • Right-click on the graphics
      card
      and click on Update driver software.

You may also download the latest graphic drivers from the manufacturer’s website and install them on your computer.

If the issue still persist, I suggest you to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check.

Method 2:

Follow the steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode.

• Download the drivers from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the installer and click on "Properties".
    • Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for” and select previous Operating System from the drop down.
    • Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further information, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Nov 24, 2019
  4. Arul_D Win User

"System thread exception not handled (syntp.sys)" Error, blue screen of death?

Hello Narimasha,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you with blue screen error while upgrading to Windows 10, we will help you with this issue.

Kindly let us know how are you accessing Command Prompt?

System Thread Exception Not Handled error in Windows 8 mostly arises due to incompatible or old
    graphics card drivers. System Thread Exception Not Handled error is often displayed along with the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD).

After the Blue Screen of Death is displayed with System Thread Exception Not Handled error, even if the computer is powered off and then powered back on, it keeps getting restarted after every few seconds.

Step 1: I suggest you to install Windows 10 using the media creation tool:

Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool

Step 2: After installing Windows 10, perform an Automatic Repair.

Perform the Automatic repair:

• When your computer starts, wait for the manufacturer logo to check the option for boot menu, it will usually be
      F12.

• The boot menu key might differ with each manufacturer. If you are unable to find the boot menu key, you may refer the user manual.

• Restart the computer, when the manufacturer's logo is displayed, keep pressing the
      Boot menu option key to enter the boot menu and change the boot option to
      CD\DVD ROM.

• After you boot your computer using Windows 8 DVD, a black screen appears with gray text "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD". Press any key.

• Select the correct time and
      Keyboard type

• Click Repair your computer in the lower left corner

• Click on Troubleshooting, advanced option and then click
      Automatic repair.
    Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Arul_D, Nov 24, 2019
Thema:

1. Having a blue screen error 'system thread Exception not handled' - Similar Threads - Having blue screen

2. system thread exception not handled" error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    system thread exception not handled" error: For 4th time in same dayy laptop ran into system thread exception not handled error.Stop code SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED What failed Qcamain10x64 sys...
  3. Blue Screen error: System Thread Exception Not Handled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen error: System Thread Exception Not Handled: Can you please help identify this error. Link shared to the dump file. https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmsH3CflueeRiah9fzu9Ig4KSh0Drg?e=anBYAG https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blue-screen-error-system-thread-exception-not/1fc5fa50-6bde-4fa9-abbd-e932a2aff27a
  4. Blue Screen error: System Thread Exception Not Handled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue Screen error: System Thread Exception Not Handled: Can you please help identify this error. Link shared to the dump file. https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmsH3CflueeRiah9fzu9Ig4KSh0Drg?e=anBYAG https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blue-screen-error-system-thread-exception-not/1fc5fa50-6bde-4fa9-abbd-e932a2aff27a
  5. Blue Screen error: System Thread Exception Not Handled

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. System Thread Exception Not Handled Blue Screen Error.

System Thread Exception Not Handled Blue Screen Error.: I was having an issue with my realtek hd audio manager not showing up in my control panel, after trying all the other fixes i found online and none of them working i remembered that i installed legacy hardware for realtek on a different/similar pc before and it solved the...
  7. System Thread Exception Not Handled Blue Screen Error.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Thread Exception Not Handled Blue Screen Error.: I was having an issue with my realtek hd audio manager not showing up in my control panel, after trying all the other fixes i found online and none of them working i remembered that i installed legacy hardware for realtek on a different/similar pc before and it solved the...
  8. System Thread Exception Not Handled Blue Screen Error.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Blue Screen Error: "System Thread Exception Not Handled"

Blue Screen Error: "System Thread Exception Not Handled": Blue Screen Error, "System Thread Exception Not Handled". Installed a new video card, updated the video drivers, Video card failed, installed old video card without installing new driver to support old video card. Unable to get to "Safe Mode" to correct or disable video...
  10. Blue Screen Error: SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED (bthhfenum.sys)

Blue Screen Error: SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED (bthhfenum.sys): Hi, I've never had any issues with regards to Bluetooth connectivity on my laptop. However last night, when I tried to connect my Bluetooth speaker with my laptop, it crashed and bluescreened. The stop code was: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED What failed:...