Windows 10: Having a hard time resetting Windows 10 computer after 11 yr old locked herself out

Discus and support Having a hard time resetting Windows 10 computer after 11 yr old locked herself out in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Help! I recently purchased a laptop for my daughter. She created an admin acct and immediately forgot her password. I have tried to reset it but it is... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by ToyToy_1976, May 9, 2020.

1. Having a hard time resetting Windows 10 computer after 11 yr old locked herself out

Help! I recently purchased a laptop for my daughter. She created an admin acct and immediately forgot her password. I have tried to reset it but it is requiring I free up space. Of course I cannot free up space because we cannot sign in. Is there a workaround? Or am I stuck bringing it to a tech who will charge me about as much as I paid for it. Help as I am becoming so frustrated.

:)

ToyToy_1976, May 9, 2020

2. Internet Explorer 11 Synced Very Old Favorites ( 5 Yrs. ago items )

Hi People,

I were troubleshooting IE11 in my end user's PC. Issue is after resetting IE11, added Favorites bar.

In that Favorites bar, IE11 synced very old Favorites that includes 5 yrs of favorites. Due to this more than 1000 of Favs mingled with recent ones.

Please suggest me troubleshooting steps to follow.

Thanks.

PrabhakaranR1002, May 9, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 9, 2020
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Having a hard time resetting Windows 10 computer after 11 yr old locked herself out

Delta6326, May 9, 2020
Thema:

Having a hard time resetting Windows 10 computer after 11 yr old locked herself out

1. Having a hard time resetting Windows 10 computer after 11 yr old locked herself out - Similar Threads - Having hard resetting

2. Admin locked out after resetting windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Admin locked out after resetting windows 10: My brother recently gave me his old computer. It has windows 10 installed. When I reset it it asked for an admin password and I did not know it and now it says the admin account is locked and to contact my administrator. I don’t know how to get around this. Any help would be...
  3. Locked out after reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out after reset: I have reset my HP probook G1 and when I have tried to log in to the laptop but it seems that the profile that my computer is trying to log me into has been deleted and I can no longer log in...
  4. Locked out after reset

Locked out after reset: I have reset my HP probook G1 and when I have tried to log in to the laptop but it seems that the profile that my computer is trying to log me into has been deleted and I can no longer log in...
  5. Locked out after reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Locked out after reset

Locked out after reset: So, I have had to reset my PC after someone else had access to it. I chose a cloud reinstall of windows 11.It now says 'your pin is no longer available due to a change in the security settings on this device. Click to set up your pin again.When I click on the link, I get the...
  7. Locked out after reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out after reset: So, I have had to reset my PC after someone else had access to it. I chose a cloud reinstall of windows 11.It now says 'your pin is no longer available due to a change in the security settings on this device. Click to set up your pin again.When I click on the link, I get the...
  8. After resetting my computer that was locked by Bitlocker, the hard drive that was locked no...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    After resetting my computer that was locked by Bitlocker, the hard drive that was locked no...: I finally decided to reset my computer which was locked by Bitlocker, without a key, and I did so by formatting the drives. However, after reinstalling Windows to my SSD, the main drive no longer shows up anywhere! I've checked in the BIOS, in disk management, and in the...
  9. Locked out of computer after reset, please help!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Locked out of computer after reset, please help!: I had some issues with my function keys not working so I tried updating drivers, checked for windows updates and I also checked the bios if function keys were disabled. But only my f6-f8 didn't work so function keys couldn't be disabled. Anyways I checked multiple threads and...
  10. Have hard drive from 3 yr old Toshiba.

in Windows 10 Support
    Have hard drive from 3 yr old Toshiba.: Want to run it on new Dell laptop to retrieve a ton of data. Keeps telling me I need permission. Works fine if I place laptop in Safe mode. Anyone find a simpler way to do this? 84613