Windows 10: Having a hard time resetting Windows 10 computer after 11 yr old locked herself out

Discus and support Having a hard time resetting Windows 10 computer after 11 yr old locked herself out in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Help! I recently purchased a laptop for my daughter. She created an admin acct and immediately forgot her password. I have tried to reset it but it is... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by ToyToy_1976, May 9, 2020.

1. Having a hard time resetting Windows 10 computer after 11 yr old locked herself out

Help! I recently purchased a laptop for my daughter. She created an admin acct and immediately forgot her password. I have tried to reset it but it is requiring I free up space. Of course I cannot free up space because we cannot sign in. Is there a workaround? Or am I stuck bringing it to a tech who will charge me about as much as I paid for it. Help as I am becoming so frustrated.

:)

ToyToy_1976, May 9, 2020

2. Internet Explorer 11 Synced Very Old Favorites ( 5 Yrs. ago items )

Hi People,

I were troubleshooting IE11 in my end user's PC. Issue is after resetting IE11, added Favorites bar.

In that Favorites bar, IE11 synced very old Favorites that includes 5 yrs of favorites. Due to this more than 1000 of Favs mingled with recent ones.

Please suggest me troubleshooting steps to follow.

Thanks.

PrabhakaranR1002, May 9, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 9, 2020
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Having a hard time resetting Windows 10 computer after 11 yr old locked herself out

Delta6326, May 9, 2020
Thema:

Having a hard time resetting Windows 10 computer after 11 yr old locked herself out

1. Having a hard time resetting Windows 10 computer after 11 yr old locked herself out - Similar Threads - Having hard resetting

2. locked out of reset windows

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    locked out of reset windows: Hello, so i wanted to reset my windows and it got stuck at 62% so i restarted my PC after waiting 10 hours. Once my PC restarted after setup I was presented with a login screen, the problem is the PC seems to be locked into airplane mode so i cant login with my Microsoft...
  3. Locked out of computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Locked out of computer: How do I sign in on airplane mode too windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/locked-out-of-computer/bd8dd6f5-3ff5-4634-ab35-61734f43bbfe
  4. Locked out of computer

Locked out of computer: Hello I booted my pc in safe mode using msconfig and after restating i was prompted with the login screen. The problem aeries in that my password is rejected as incorrect, even after resetting it multiple times, I have essentially locked myself out of my PC and would...
  5. Windows 10 lock screen timeing out.

Windows 10 lock screen timeing out.: Good day I have a strange problem and have never come across this problem, when os boots up and just before you have to sign in the lock screen is displayed. Now you have to click or press any key to have this screen move upwards and away...where my problem comes in si that...
  6. Locked out of computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Locked out of computer: My office manager changed the password on her computer and cant remember it. I shared my windows 10 with her and she uses her email on that computer. We have tried resetting passwords online from both of our accounts and they dont work. Any suggestions before i pay to fix...
  7. Resetting my computer locked me out

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Resetting my computer locked me out: I had a fail update and the error named sihost.exe been popping up so I reset the computer when that happen the Defaultuser0 came in now I'm looked out anyone know the password my computer is a windows hp covert to windows 10 it happen from windows failed update * Moved...
  8. Lenovo Flex 11 locked out

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lenovo Flex 11 locked out: Purchased a new Lenovo. SEt up computer, added Microsoft office, toured around and shut it down. When turning the computer back on, it tells me Your PIN is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device. You can set up your PIN again by going...
  9. Locked out of computer

Locked out of computer: Hey im locked out of my new computer. I was experimenting with settings and accidentally changed my account type on group membership to something owner. Im locked out and everytime i try to type in my password it says, “Your password was changed on a different device. You...
  10. Have hard drive from 3 yr old Toshiba.

in Windows 10 Support
    Have hard drive from 3 yr old Toshiba.: Want to run it on new Dell laptop to retrieve a ton of data. Keeps telling me I need permission. Works fine if I place laptop in Safe mode. Anyone find a simpler way to do this? 84613