Windows 10: Having a heck of a time with my Microsoft account

Discus and support Having a heck of a time with my Microsoft account in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Some backstory... I had a Skype account before they were acquired by Microsoft. I signed up for this with my old Yahoo email. We're going to call... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Kelsy HB, Jan 23, 2020.

1. Kelsy HB Win User

Having a heck of a time with my Microsoft account

Some backstory...

• I had a Skype account before they were acquired by Microsoft. I signed up for this with my old Yahoo email. We're going to call thisYahoo Skype.
    • I accidentally created a new Microsoft/Skype account with my newer Gmail address when I couldn't log intoYahoo Skype and was in a time crunch needed Skype ASAP. We'll call this oneGmail MS/Skype.
    • I'm really OCD about only having one account for a website/am deleting old, unused accounts. I wanted to delete my Yahoo email, so I tried to change my Yahoo Skype email address to my Gmail. It wouldn't let me since I'd created that Gmail MS/Skype account.
    • I deleted my Gmail MS/Skype account and waited the XX days until it was permanently deleted. Then I changed myYahoo Skype account to a full Microsoft account with my Gmail address.

That was a lot of hoops to jump through, but I thought everything was fine. Right?

No.

Now...

• I can log in to my Microsoft account just fine when in a web browser. I verified my Gmail address is my primary alias.
    • I CANNOT log in to my Microsoft account on my Windows PC. When I enter my Gmail address, it tells me the account does not exist.
    • When I enter my Skype name and put in my password, I get "Oops, something went wrong. This service isn't available right now--please try again later."

At this point, I'm wondering if my best bet is to delete my account AGAIN and re-create it after the XX days are up.

Why is this so difficult?

:)

Kelsy HB, Jan 23, 2020

2. Microsoft Account not syncing WP8.1

Hi Michael,

We suggest that you manually sync your Microsoft account by following these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Tap email + accounts.
    • Tap and hold your Microsoft account.
    • Tap sync.

Check also if you have the correct date and time set on your phone.

Let us know the results.

Regards.

Justin Sor, Jan 23, 2020
  3. cjayed Win User
    Should my Microsoft Account have administrator privileges?

I just finished reinstalling Windows 10 (Creator version) and decided to have the installation process create a Microsoft Account instead of bypassing that step like I have on other laptops in the past and creating a local account later. After the install I went to Accounts in the settings and saw that the Microsoft Account was listed as an Administrator. I always thought the main user should only have standard privs for security purposes. Thoughts? Should I create a new admin account and try and change the MSA to a standard account?

cjayed, Jan 23, 2020
  4. Having a heck of a time with my Microsoft account

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jan 23, 2020
Thema:

Having a heck of a time with my Microsoft account

1. Having a heck of a time with my Microsoft account - Similar Threads - Having heck Microsoft

2. what the heck, microsoft?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    what the heck, microsoft?: so i tried to extract the tar file that I EXTRACTED WITH 7ZIP because windows extracting doesn't work and every time i try to do it, some weird error appears, WHAT IS WRONG WITH MY COMPUTER? heres a photo if you don't believe me...
  3. what the heck, microsoft?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what the heck, microsoft?: so i tried to extract the tar file that I EXTRACTED WITH 7ZIP because windows extracting doesn't work and every time i try to do it, some weird error appears, WHAT IS WRONG WITH MY COMPUTER? heres a photo if you don't believe me...
  4. microsoft screen time locks my pc, but i have no family on my account and no screen time...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    microsoft screen time locks my pc, but i have no family on my account and no screen time...: This is a fresh installation of windows 10. I skipped the connect to the internet, because i didnt want to link pc login to my microsoft account. My microsoft account is registered on my account anyway...I am the only person on my microsoft. I have no family members on my...
  5. microsoft screen time locks my pc, but i have no family on my account and no screen time...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft screen time locks my pc, but i have no family on my account and no screen time...: This is a fresh installation of windows 10. I skipped the connect to the internet, because i didnt want to link pc login to my microsoft account. My microsoft account is registered on my account anyway...I am the only person on my microsoft. I have no family members on my...
  6. microsoft screen time locks my pc, but i have no family on my account and no screen time...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. What the heck, Microsoft?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What the heck, Microsoft?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Carameliii [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hk6zcn/what_the_heck_microsoft/
  8. What the HECK is this HDR flaw, Microsoft

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What the HECK is this HDR flaw, Microsoft: Got a brand new 1440p 165hz monitor yesterday, first ever upgrade over 1080p60hz. I like it, it's alright, but I spent more on it to get one with HDR. I'm aware cheap HDR isn't good HDR but I figured hey, more colors is more colors, right? I didn't know that Windows is...
  9. What the heck???? Account...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What the heck???? Account...: What the heck is this account: Account Unknown(S-1-15-3-1024-1065365936-1281604716-3511738428-1654721687-432734479-3232135806-4053264122-3456934681) What is it and why is it on my PC? Has been on all windows 10 editions that I have had....
  10. What the heck is wrong with Microsoft, are they serious?

in Windows 10 Support
    What the heck is wrong with Microsoft, are they serious?: Can anyone actually read these instructions and not be confused, has to be about the biggest pile of garbage I have seen written in my entire life, I am a well educated man and this just comes off as insanely difficult to understand. Microsoft...please hire some...