Windows 10: Having a lot of trouble upgrading Windows 10

Discus and support Having a lot of trouble upgrading Windows 10 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I posted on this sub already last night about solving a system reserved partition error. I solved that but I'm still having trouble upgrading to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Charliedarkly, Sep 24, 2020.

1. Having a lot of trouble upgrading Windows 10

I posted on this sub already last night about solving a system reserved partition error. I solved that but I'm still having trouble upgrading to the newest Win10 version. I installing the update through the settings app. Restarted my PC and nothing happened (In View installed update history all it says is "Requires a restart to finish installing". When I restart, nothing happens). I went to the software download page on /u/Charliedarkly
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Charliedarkly, Sep 24, 2020
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Sep 24, 2020
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Sep 24, 2020
  4. Having a lot of trouble upgrading Windows 10

Still having trouble upgrading to windows 10

Hi Marcus,

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to resolve the issue

• Power down the computer>Wait for 10 minutes>Start the computer.
    • Setup will automatically restore your previous version of Windows.
    • Open an Administrator CMD window. If you can’t find a way, use these steps:

• Press CTRL+Shift+ESC to open Task Manager.

• Click File > Run New Task

• Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”

• Type CMD
    Type the following command at the CMD prompt:

rundll32.exe pnpclean.dll,RunDLL_PnpClean /DRIVERS /MAXCLEAN

Hit Enter on your keyboard>Exit command prompt>Restart.

How
    to: upgrade from previous versions of Windows using Windows 10 ISO file

Click HERE to download official ISO media for
    Windows 10 from Microsoft.

Note: Thanks to Andre D Costa for sharing the steps.

If the issue persists or if you face any Windows issues in future, let us know and we would be glad to assist you.

Thank you

Ravinath P, Sep 24, 2020
Thema:

Having a lot of trouble upgrading Windows 10

1. Having a lot of trouble upgrading Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Having lot trouble

2. Trouble upgrading to windows 10.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trouble upgrading to windows 10.: Media creation tool gives error code and the windows updating assistant is not compatible either. Any suggestions please?media creation error code0x80072f8f - 0x20000...
  3. Having trouble upgrading from windows 7 to windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having trouble upgrading from windows 7 to windows 10?: I think Ive tried everything. I keep getting to the end then some error will pop up. Please help me out. By the way it is an older Dell laptop but Ive checked that its compatible with the new update....
  4. Having trouble upgrading from windows 7 to windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Having trouble upgrading from windows 7 to windows 10?: I think Ive tried everything. I keep getting to the end then some error will pop up. Please help me out. By the way it is an older Dell laptop but Ive checked that its compatible with the new update....
  5. Having trouble upgrading from windows 7 to windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. i am having a lot of trouble with windows 10 since 4 days

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    i am having a lot of trouble with windows 10 since 4 days: Hiits been a month since i got a new laptop4 days back when i turned on the laptop the brightness is full and i cant increase or decrease the brightness then after sometime after an update it solved itself then after using laptop for few hours i cant find shutdown or sleep...
  7. trouble upgrading Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    trouble upgrading Windows 10: I'm having trouble upgrading from Windows 10 version 1809 to Windows 10 version 1909. I'm getting this error code Last failed install attempt on ‎4/‎5/‎2020 - 0x8007042b. I have an HP notebook. What do I need to correct this, and get the Windows 10 upgrade done?...
  8. I'm having lots of trouble trying to activate windows

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I'm having lots of trouble trying to activate windows: Today i spent about half an hour talking to Microsoft support to try and enable my pc to activate, and when using windows powershell and the 'slmgr -upk' command, we got this error code https://imgur.com/a/mu4lmb4 and this error code https://imgur.com/a/jWwX9en. I've been...
  9. Having trouble upgrading to Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Having trouble upgrading to Windows 10 Pro: Hi. I am attempting to upgrade my os to Windows 10 pro. I have a Product Key from a DVD that I have used successfully before--I bought the Windows 10 Pro years ago. However, when I attempted to enter the Key in the Activation window, I got an error message: The Product...
  10. windows 10 upgrade having trouble downloaning

in Windows 10 Support
    windows 10 upgrade having trouble downloaning: Having trouble downloading games. If downloaded they will come up but will cut off. Upgraded win 10 on win 7. 45970