Windows 10: Having a problem where games lag when booting from shutdown but problems are completely...

Discus and support Having a problem where games lag when booting from shutdown but problems are completely... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Background of the Problem Essentially if I boot my PC from a shutdown I experience poor performance in every game I play. The performance issues are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/JELLOvsPUDDIN, May 2, 2022.

1. Having a problem where games lag when booting from shutdown but problems are completely...

Background of the Problem

• Essentially if I boot my PC from a shutdown I experience poor performance in every game I play.
    • The performance issues are completely fixed after I put my PC to sleep and wake it up.
    • Upon waking up my PC I hear a windows notification sound, but once I login, there are no popups or messages that suggest where the notification sound came from.
    • I'm lead to believe that the performance issues I'm experiencing after booting from shutdown are being caused by a service that isn't starting until I wake my PC from sleep mode. And that the notification sound I'm hearing is related to the performance issues being fixed after waking my PC from sleep mode.
    • I'm wondering how I can go about figuring out what's causing this notification sound when waking up my PC so that I can maybe troubleshoot the specific service, program or app that it's related to.

System Specs:

• ASUS Maximus Hero XII Motherboard
    • i7-10700k CPU
    • EVGA FTW3 Ultra 3080 Ti
    • 32GB 4x8 Corsair Vengeance RAM @ 3200mhz on XMP1 profile in BIOS
    • Corsair RM850x PSU (850W)
    • OS is installed on a 1TB NVMe SSD
    • Running latest version of Windows 10 OS
    • GPU is connected to PSU via 3 separate 8-pin cables - I am not daisy-chaining any cables

Suggested Solutions I've Tried So Far:

• Used DDU in safemode to uninstall all graphics drivers and installed most recent 3080 Ti driver directly from Nvidia's website
    • Reset BIOS settings to default and reenabled XMP1 profile for RAM
    • Reseated my GPU and unplugged / replugged PSU cables for GPU on both ends.
    • Ran SFC /scannow in cmd prompt and no errors occurred
    • Ran memory diagnostic tool which determined there were no errors
    • power cycled my PC
    • High performance power mode has always been enabled on my PC
    • Fast startup / Fast boot has always been disabled on my PC
    • I use HWiNFO64 to monitor CPU/GPU usage, temps, clock speds, voltages, fan speeds etc. Everything looks good.
    • I've conducted a "Clean Boot" by disabling all non-microsoft services by running Msconfig and disabling them through the "services" tab, restarting my PC, and then shutting it down and rebooting.

The only verifiable way to fix the issue is to put my PC to sleep and wake it up. I don't shutdown often so it's not the end of the world, but it is a problem that I'd like to fix nonetheless.

submitted by /u/JELLOvsPUDDIN
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/JELLOvsPUDDIN, May 2, 2022

2. MW2 Problem

I think the game is booting, then Steam is trying to boot, but is hanging during the login process, hell it may be sitting there wait for you to enter your password.

Try this, turn Steam On and log in. Click on the game listed in the "My Games" tab to start MW2 and see if the problem continues. If that does not work, you have 2 other suggestions above.

TheLaughingMan, May 2, 2022
  3. Csgo game lag stutter

Hi D'andre,

I realize that you are facing lag issues with a game. I will try to help you with this issue.

• Is the issue specific to this game?
    You may temporarily disable any 3rd party security software and check if this helps.

Disclaimer: If you have to temporarily disable the antivirus to install other software; you should enable the antivirus as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software
    is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to virus attacks.

Suggest you to boot the computer in a clean boot state and check if that helps. A clean boot state will help us to determine if any 3rd party service or application is causing this issue.

How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows:
    How to perform a clean boot in Windows

Note: After you have finished troubleshooting, follow the steps under “How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot” in the article to boot to normal startup.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, May 2, 2022
  4. rtwjunkie Win User

Having a problem where games lag when booting from shutdown but problems are completely...

Having a problem with games freezing.

Actually, @the54thvoid already suggested running Unigine Valley, which is almost completely GPU-dependant, in order to help isolate the GPU as the problem.

rtwjunkie, May 2, 2022
Thema:

Having a problem where games lag when booting from shutdown but problems are completely...

1. Having a problem where games lag when booting from shutdown but problems are completely... - Similar Threads - Having problem where

2. Lagging problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lagging problems: My computer Cpu and Memory is fine but it Lagging soo much idk why btw cpu usage is 1>12 % https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lagging-problems/8ab88f69-ab18-4f37-92b7-79240f177fe1
  3. Lagging problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lagging problems: My computer Cpu and Memory is fine but it Lagging soo much idk why btw cpu usage is 1>12 % https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lagging-problems/8ab88f69-ab18-4f37-92b7-79240f177fe1
  4. Lagging problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lagging problems: My computer Cpu and Memory is fine but it Lagging soo much idk why https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lagging-problems/8ab88f69-ab18-4f37-92b7-79240f177fe1
  5. Booting problem when trying to boot from USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Booting problem when trying to boot from USB: Hello!My friend and i have been trying for a couple of days to upgrade this old pc with Windows XP Professional edition, to Windows 10.When we boot from the USB, a black screen with a cursor appears. A couple of minutes 5-15 anywhere in between go by, and the pc restarts...
  6. Booting problem when trying to boot from USB

Booting problem when trying to boot from USB: Hello!My friend and i have been trying for a couple of days to upgrade this old pc with Windows XP Professional edition, to Windows 10.When we boot from the USB, a black screen with a cursor appears. A couple of minutes 5-15 anywhere in between go by, and the pc restarts...
  7. Lagging problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lagging problems: I can tell you that I'm very frustrated with my computer right now. I only purchased it four months ago and since the day I brought it home I've been having issues. The latest issue is that everything is lagging and taking up an ungodly amount of RAM. I installed more...
  8. Lagging problems

Lagging problems: I can tell you that I'm very frustrated with my computer right now. I only purchased it four months ago and since the day I brought it home I've been having issues. The latest issue is that everything is lagging and taking up an ungodly amount of RAM. I installed more...
  9. Boot problems/ Game problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Boot problems/ Game problems: So recently my laptop has been facing problems with booting and updating too. The first problem I experience is the booting problem my laptop is a Lenovo idea pad and when I boot it up it works fine until it was about to load into the lock screen thats when it freezes. So I...
  10. Shutdown problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Shutdown problem: Hi Suddenly over the last week my PC has gone from closing almost instantly to taking 10 to 15 minutes to shut down. Everything else is normal : boot is fast and all programs are running normally. I'm worried something is going wrong and this is the time to stop it. I tried...