Windows 10: Having a problem with accessing my harddrive

Discus and support Having a problem with accessing my harddrive in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/lenarizan [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kzdy2b/having_a_problem_with_accessing_my_harddrive/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/lenarizan, Jan 17, 2021.

1. Having a problem with accessing my harddrive

/u/lenarizan, Jan 17, 2021
  2. infocus Win User

Best gaming harddrive Sugestion ???

Seagate states on their 750gb,32mb cache harddrive that the best application is video surveillance.(liquor stores,how very sad and completly overpriced for the amount of problems they have).Yet Passmark lists this near the top of their harddrive page.Any one have a suggestion for something that will last.(maybe samsung???)
    Also I was considering a Raidmax hybrid 2 sli 630w powersupply.Any thoughts on Raidmax??

infocus, Jan 17, 2021
  3. dalchina Win User
    Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Jan 17, 2021
  4. enso Win User

Having a problem with accessing my harddrive

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

Thema:

Having a problem with accessing my harddrive

1. Having a problem with accessing my harddrive - Similar Threads - Having problem accessing

2. I have no longer access to my harddrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have no longer access to my harddrive: Hi, was removing some old accesses to the harddrive, but went a bit to fast and removed all access for everyone. So now i cant get into my C:, and i dont have any other drives. Tryed reinstalling windows, but now i have a new user called admin, but i still cant access C: and...
  3. I have no longer access to my harddrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have no longer access to my harddrive: Hi, was removing some old accesses to the harddrive, but went a bit to fast and removed all access for everyone. So now i cant get into my C:, and i dont have any other drives. Tryed reinstalling windows, but now i have a new user called admin, but i still cant access C: and...
  4. I have no longer access to my harddrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Having some problems accessing files/folders on an external harddrive.

Having some problems accessing files/folders on an external harddrive.: I recently bought two external HDD's to start backing up my files to photos, clips, etc. When I got them I formatted them both on NTFS from the W10 pc. I got all my old drives and backing up everything to one of the new ones the other one is meant as a secondary...
  6. Problem with harddrive

Problem with harddrive: Hi I just bought a new external harddrive last week and i have moved my files to it. After a few days when i try opening the files; file explorer starts freezing and it say it is not responding. Can somebody please help me....
  7. which programs/processes access my harddrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    which programs/processes access my harddrive: hello peeps, I was searching for a program which shows me the programs/processes which access my hdd. All I could find including internal tools and/or drivemon were not satisfying becaus they did never show me the program names. The taskmanager shows me every now and then...
  8. I have an accessibility problem.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I have an accessibility problem.: My computer seems to tab through options on the desktop and other windows applications, but not in independent applications. For example, posting here on reddit through Firefox was breezy, but editing the video to include only the necessary footage was a matter of spam...
  9. Mac external harddrives access.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mac external harddrives access.: I am moving my video editing work from mac to windows. I have multiple external hard drives where all projects are stored and would like to be able to access them through my new window set up without having to reformat. is there away to do this. I am running window 10 pro....
  10. Problem exploring secondary harddrive.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem exploring secondary harddrive.: My pc is running windows 10 and I'm trying see files in another hdd that's running xp. I connected it as a slave just so I could see the files and collect and save what I needed to. when I go into storage and have a look It does show the hard drive and it does have the colour...