Windows 10: Having a problem with all communication apps

Discus and support Having a problem with all communication apps in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When I call someone with any app this is a problem on Skype, Zoom, and Discord two things happen. Firstly all other apps are muted, secondly after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Mr Fyfe, Nov 23, 2020.

1. Mr Fyfe Win User

Having a problem with all communication apps

When I call someone with any app this is a problem on Skype, Zoom, and Discord two things happen. Firstly all other apps are muted, secondly after about 10-15 minutes on the call the audio becomes garbled and distorted. It sort of sounds like the audio is extremely compressed.

Does anybody know what is causing this and how to fix it.

Sorry if this isn't enough information.

Thank you in advance.

:)

Mr Fyfe, Nov 23, 2020

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Nov 23, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Nov 23, 2020
  4. Having a problem with all communication apps

Windows 10 self installing apps I have uninstalled!

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: I suggest you to end the task in task manager.

• Go to task bar

• Right click on task bar

• Select task manager

• Click on apps and end the task.
    Step 2: Go to appwiz.cpl and locate to the apps, right click on apps and uninstall apps.

If the issue persists I suggest you to create new user account and check if it helps.

Step 3: You may check the same issue with the new user account.

Try these steps to create a new user account and check if it fixes the issue. Refer to the steps below to create a new User Account:

• Go to Settings.

• Choose Accounts
      and then select Other User Accounts towards the left.

• Select Add an Account.

• Enter a user name and hit Next.

• Click on Finish.

• Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.

• Check if issue persists.
    Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Nov 23, 2020
Thema:

Having a problem with all communication apps

1. Having a problem with all communication apps - Similar Threads - Having problem communication

2. Windows 11 blocks all communications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 blocks all communications: Since yesterday all websites "unexpectedly closed connection", I can not open any web site in any browser and my trading software is not connecting Ninja Trader and Interactive Brokers Trading Station.Windows 11 insider program on the other PC this one here which I use for...
  3. Printer Communication problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer Communication problem: For a long time, my system has listed its printers twice. For example, I have "HP LaserJet 1320" and "HP Laserjet 1320 (Copy 1)," also "HP OfficeJet 5200 series" and "HP OfficeJet 5200 Series (7F84B9)" (My old Canon also had a plain and "Copy 1" version.) This never used to...
  4. Serious keyboard problem on communication apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Serious keyboard problem on communication apps: I got a limiting hardware problem that I've been noticing since about two months ago. It's in regard to remote communication call applications, or screen sharing ones like remote assistance. I would love it was only tied to a single app, but it seems to be a common problem on...
  5. I'm having a problem with buttons on all apps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I'm having a problem with buttons on all apps: On every single app I open, the close, minimize, and maximize buttons are there, but they do not work. When I hover my mouse over them, in chrome for example, the close button does not turn red, and clicking it does nothing. I've tried deleting my cache and internet cache,...
  6. Problems with WSL UDP Communication

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problems with WSL UDP Communication: Hi, I am trying to get a piece of code that works in a Ubuntu VM (18.04 LTS) as well as a Pop! OS native machine (18.04 LTS as well) running in WSL (also 18.04 LTS). Everything seems to work besides the UDP communication between two programs. It should simply send messages...
  7. MAC Address communication problems

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MAC Address communication problems: Hello, I don't know where to go with the problem and I can't find anything on the Internet. I often work with mikrotik devices and need to communicate with them via MAC address. This option has not been working for about 14 days. I checked other programs and it seems that the...
  8. windows communications apps

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows communications apps: My Norton 360 is showing activity from C:\WindowsApps\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps 8wekyb3d8bbwe\HxTsr.exe including allowing these apps to access my computer. I have searched and can not find any real information on what these apps are or if its legitimate. Is it safe...
  9. Problem with Communicating with Printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem with Communicating with Printer: windows shows my printer and printer is chosen as my default printer but the PC is still not communicating with the printer. My husband and I both have the same windows ten version and printer works fine from his PC, any advice? [Original Title: printing]...
  10. Microsoft Outlook Communications problem

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Microsoft Outlook Communications problem: According to what I've been able to find. this is a service of Office 2016, which I have uninstalled. I have never used Outlook, do not want it on my computer. However, this keeps asking to connect to the internet, and no matter how many times I tell my firewall to block it,...