Windows 10: Having a problem with Windows 10 Partitions and Hard Drives

Discus and support Having a problem with Windows 10 Partitions and Hard Drives in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I'm having a problem here with my hard drives and/partitions. I currently have just 2 Hard drives. One of 250GB for my main OS (SSD) and my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by eduardo11791, Jan 27, 2020.

1. Having a problem with Windows 10 Partitions and Hard Drives

Hi, I'm having a problem here with my hard drives and/partitions.

I currently have just 2 Hard drives. One of 250GB for my main OS (SSD) and my Storage Hard Drive of 1TB (SSD). I have Windows 10 Pro Version 1903. This showed recently and I'm not sure what's the cause. Both Partition master and Windows Defrag show these extra volumes/Partition/Hard drive and I'm not sure what they are. I've been installing also a lot of stuff and I not sure.

I want some advice on what that might be. It shows as not formated, but I can't edit it.

Having a problem with Windows 10 Partitions and Hard Drives [​IMG]

Having a problem with Windows 10 Partitions and Hard Drives [​IMG]

:)

eduardo11791, Jan 27, 2020
  2. W1zzard Win User

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Jan 27, 2020
  3. hard drive partition problem

Hi Azhar,

We would like to know more information regarding your hard drive partition concern. For better assistance, kindly answer the following questions:

• Do you want to boot your computer from partition (DHaving a problem with Windows 10 Partitions and Hard Drives :) or
      (EHaving a problem with Windows 10 Partitions and Hard Drives :)
      ? If yes, are you encountering any issues with the default boot drive
      (CHaving a problem with Windows 10 Partitions and Hard Drives :)?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?

Regards.

Dennis Mop, Jan 27, 2020
  4. Dia01 Win User

Having a problem with Windows 10 Partitions and Hard Drives

Partition or multiple hard drives?

As the title suggests. Is it worth installing say a 36GB drive for the OS soley or partitioning an existing larger drive with either 2 or more partitions? I am currently running Vista 32bit and want to try out 64bit and am sick of reformatting the whole drive. Any suggestions?

Dia01, Jan 27, 2020
Thema:

Having a problem with Windows 10 Partitions and Hard Drives

1. Having a problem with Windows 10 Partitions and Hard Drives - Similar Threads - Having problem Partitions

2. Windows 10 Hard Drive Partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Hard Drive Partition: I have a bunch of unallocated partitions on the left side of the C drive and I can't extend the C drive volume. How can I move those unallocated spaces to the right side of the C drive?...
  3. Windows 10 Hard Drive Partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Hard Drive Partition: I have a bunch of unallocated partitions on the left side of the C drive and I can't extend the C drive volume. How can I move those unallocated spaces to the right side of the C drive?...
  4. Windows 10 Hard Drive Partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Partitioning a Hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Partitioning a Hard drive: Hi, I recently installed a new HDD and was hoping to create a partition in order to keep my programs separated for organisation reasons. If anybody knows how to create a hard drive partition in windows 11 then I would appreciate the help a lot thanks. x...
  6. Hard drive partitions Problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard drive partitions Problem: In windows 10, I used Disk Management to partition my main hard drive , Disk 0, into 4 partitions. The problem is Windows C: is full and the other partitions are empty. I would like to get rid of the two partitions that I made, but can't, when I right click the partition, all...
  7. Windows 10 Hard Drive Partitions ...

Windows 10 Hard Drive Partitions ...: Hello all, Which partitions can I safely delete on my hard drive please see image from Disk Manager? I really don't know diddly about this and don't want to delete something I will most surely regret. All I want on my primary drive is the essential stuff. Thank you....
  8. Hard drive partitions

Hard drive partitions: I cloned my 1TB hard drive to my 4TB hard drive and there are 2 unallocated sotrage I can allocate one but I can't do anything with the other they are at C: 930.94GB G: 1116.49GB leaving me with 1678.02GB that I can't allocate or merge with any of the other 2 or merge all 3...
  9. Windows Partitions on Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Partitions on Hard Drive: Can someone tell me what partitions I should have on my hard drive after I upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows Home Premium Build 10586. I have some new small partitions and I don't know if they belong to the OS or they got allocated from another source. 32507
  10. partitioning hard drive

in Windows 10 Support
    partitioning hard drive: hi all this is a question about GPT UEFI and LEGACY partitions if I install in legacy mode on a 1 TB drive with no partitions will my laptop run ok I dont understand why GPT gives 4 partitions and I dont understand UEFI please explain all 3 options. many thanks to all that...