Windows 10: Having a teredo issue

Discus and support Having a teredo issue in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm having a teredo issue that's making me unable to use the Xbox companion app to stream my Xbox to my pc. It's making me unable to connect to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Okamiinfinity, Apr 19, 2020.

1. Having a teredo issue

I'm having a teredo issue that's making me unable to use the Xbox companion app to stream my Xbox to my pc. It's making me unable to connect to the network server. I've already tried the steps on Microsoft's website with no conclusion. If anyone has any solutions feel free to comment

submitted by /u/Okamiinfinity
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Okamiinfinity, Apr 19, 2020

2. I have an issue with the teredo problem.

the teredo error

Details would help.

Teredo is one of the interfaces that netsh lists. Here's its help

netsh in teredo ?

FYI

Robert Aldwinckle

---

Robert Aldwinckle on forums, Apr 19, 2020
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    Teredo unable to qualify

Hi JayKay,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Failure to obtain a Teredo IP address can occur when there’s an issue with your Teredo adapter, when a device on your network is blocking the Teredo protocol, or if there’s software installed on your PC that’s disabling
    Teredo functionality. If you haven’t tried the methods listed in the following articles yet, I would suggest you to try them first and see if it works:

Note:

Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry
    if a problem occurs. To backup and restore registry key, refer to this
    link.

If the issue persists, I would suggest you to
    uninstall
    and re-install the Xbox app to see if you can get it to work.

• Right click the Windows icon on the taskbar and choose Windows PowerShell (Admin).
    • Copy and paste the following command and hit Enter:

Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.XboxApp | Remove-AppxPackage
    • Reboot the computer once the command is executed.
    • Once the machine restarts, launch Microsoft Store and reinstall the Xbox app.

After reinstalling the Xbox app, open Windows PowerShell (Admin)
    again and copy paste the following command to enable Teredo.

netsh interface Teredo set state type=default

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Apr 19, 2020
  4. Aaron_Sum Win User

Having a teredo issue

No Teredo installed

Hi Jay,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Before we proceed, could you please confirm a few things for me?

1. The make and model of your system?
    2. The Windows 10 Build you are using?

Systems communicate with one another using a certain predefined set of protocols, when systems within a network are using different protocols but are trying to communicate with one another it may require a translator to enable
    this communication. This is where the Teredo Tunneling comes in. It facilitates the connectivity between devices behind routers that use network address translation (NAT) and thus enable this communication.

Given that you have already tried to enable the Teredo through the device manager and the netsh command through the command prompt, we have a few more steps that we could try to resolve this issue.

Check and make sure that no VPN client is blocking the Teredo connectivity.

Steps:

Manually enable the Teredo through the registry.

Disclaimer: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these
    steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

To take a backup or restore the registry click
    here

Check the iphlpsvc registry path:

1. Right-click the Start icon, type in cmd, Right-click on it and 'Run as administrator'.
    2. Run the following command from the Admin command prompt: reg query HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\iphlpsvc\Teredo
    3. If you find this output: Type REG_DWORD 0x4

You will need to Re-enable Teredo by running the following command from the Admin command prompt: netsh interface Teredo set state type=default

Check the TcpIp6 registry path:

1. Right-click the Start icon, type in cmd, Right-click on it and 'Run as administrator'.
    2. Run the following command from the Admin command prompt: reg query HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\TcpIp6\Parameters
    3. If you find the output, and the value displayed is not 0x0. Example: DisabledComponents REG_DWORD 0x8e
    4. You will need to Re-enable Teredo by running the following command from the Admin command prompt: reg add HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip6\Parameters /v DisabledComponents /t REG_DWORD /d 0x0

Hope it helps.

Aaron Summith

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Aaron_Sum, Apr 19, 2020
Thema:

Having a teredo issue

1. Having a teredo issue - Similar Threads - Having teredo issue

2. I'm having issues with teredo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm having issues with teredo: Okay so, I'm trying to join parties or invite friends to a party. I cant do either. I went onto xbox console companion and went to networks and it says I'm connect to the internet and xbox live services. But It says that teredo is unable to qualify and that server...
  3. I'm having issues with teredo

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I'm having issues with teredo: Okay so, I'm trying to join parties or invite friends to a party. I cant do either. I went onto xbox console companion and went to networks and it says I'm connect to the internet and xbox live services. But It says that teredo is unable to qualify and that server...
  4. Issues with Teredo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with Teredo: So, I went ahead and viewed my xbox live multiplayer settings and it says "Teredo is unable to qualify." Ive attempted what I could understand from the "click here for more information" link. Then I typed netsh interface Teredo show state in the command prompt and got:type :...
  5. Issues with Teredo

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issues with Teredo: So, I went ahead and viewed my xbox live multiplayer settings and it says "Teredo is unable to qualify." Ive attempted what I could understand from the "click here for more information" link. Then I typed netsh interface Teredo show state in the command prompt and got:type :...
  6. Teredo Issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Teredo Issues: [ATTACH] I have been trying to troubleshoot this for a while now but I can't figure out how to get it running. Some times it would be working fine but after a couple of minutes it doesn't work anymore. I tried putting my PC on a DMZ but that still doesn't work. I did...
  7. Teredo issues

Teredo issues: I cannot play online on the windows 10 xbox app. Ive tried to ask "Get help" on win10 but it seems like they gave up.Ive tried changing Teredo to enterprise, opening and closing ports, reactivating my account, rebooting probably 100 times, cleaning cache, reinstalling etc. Im...
  8. Teredo issue

Teredo issue: I spent about 4 hours last night researching and trying to fix the teredo issue for Astroneer and a couple of other microsoft games I've had issues with. Has anyone had luck with fixing it? I don't see the network adapter, and I've done a number of resets, commands, and...
  9. Teredo issue

Teredo issue: Hey there! Hopefully someone can be my saviour here, i've tried everything, contacting xbox support, they went through their steps with me, nothing, i've read many things about the services, trying to turn off fast boot, restart your router, portforwarding, putting your pc...
  10. Issues With Teredo

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issues With Teredo: Currently having issues with playing forza 4 online, and i've singled it down to it being a teredo issue: [ATTACH] I've tried all the things on this site to no avail: https://support.xbox.com/en-AU/xbox-on-windows/social/troubleshoot-party-chat However I noticed when one of...