Windows 10: Having all sorts of weird problems

Discus and support Having all sorts of weird problems in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm hoping someone can help me. I'm having all sorts of issues with my PC and windows. 1) I can't access the control panel -- either by hitting the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by StanKonar, Sep 26, 2019.

1. StanKonar Win User

Having all sorts of weird problems

I'm hoping someone can help me. I'm having all sorts of issues with my PC and windows.

1) I can't access the control panel -- either by hitting the Window key or by clicking on the tool bar.

2) I can't download Word Docs (.docx) format.

3) I can't access Edge at all -- Explorer works fine. The icon for Edge no longer appears on my tool bar nor on my desktop.

4) I can't access Team via any of the icons -- either through the tool bar or the desktop.

5) Cortana doesn't work.

I already ran Scannow that didn't help.

My Norton is up to date and tells me I don't have a virus.

Please help! Thank you.

:)

StanKonar, Sep 26, 2019
  2. Senarium Win User

Weird BSOD problem

Hi Everyone,

I have a weird BSOD problem which I cannot solve for a while(it persists still after upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7)

The main strange thing about this is that I get BSOD only after cold boot.
    So it acts like this:

1. start PC.
    2. Get to Windows Logo Screen
    3. BSOD
    4. Restart
    5. Get to menu where I can try to repair or Start NormallyIf I Choose Repair, it will fail to repair and will try to restoreIf I Choose Start Normally, it will start OK, no BSOD, can work normally, games, browse internet, everything is normal.6. Shutdown PC
    7. Next time when I start is all over again i.e. Go to Step 1

I have this problem for a while, so what I tried:
    1. Another Windows 7
    2. Another HDD
    3. Only HDD connected
    4. Changed RAM
    5. Tried with built in GPU
    6. Upgraded to Windows 10

Result is the same as above every time.

Please suggest what could be the cause.
    Logs collected with DM_Log_Collector, attached.

Thank you

PS. This thread is a continuation of this one: Frequent multiple errors BSOD. Solved - Windows 7 Help Forums the only thing changed is Windows 10 now. instead of Windows 7. If that helps somehow.

Senarium, Sep 26, 2019
  3. dalchina Win User
    Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Sep 26, 2019
  4. Gardner Win User

Sorted my problem that had this error

Quick update:

Installed Windows 10 again, problem recurred.
    This time, two additional steps for a fix:
    1. Turned Windows Firewall off -- theory: might conflict with AVG antivirus. This one seems a stretch, but I record it for completeness.
    2. Went to adapter properties and made sure every possible installable protocol was installed. You can get the list by clicking on any protocol to highlight it, selecting install, selecting protocol, then installing every protocol you see there.

Having done these things, I restarted, with no luck.

THEN I ran efta's script again, and connectivity came back, for the first time in my attempt to upgrade to Windows 10.

FWIW, YMMV -- and thanks again to efta's initial suggestion as well as to all the informed and helpful discussion in this thread.

Gardner, Sep 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Having all sorts of weird problems - Similar Threads - Having sorts weird

2. Having a weird problem with CTRL

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having a weird problem with CTRL: I'm having this really weird issue with CTRL that really bothers me, the button works but it actually takes turns. When I first press it it doesn't register, but when I press it again it works.So everytime I want to use CTRL I have to press it twice. Is this normal? If not,...
  3. Having a weird problem with CTRL

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Having a weird problem with CTRL: I'm having this really weird issue with CTRL that really bothers me, the button works but it actually takes turns. When I first press it it doesn't register, but when I press it again it works.So everytime I want to use CTRL I have to press it twice. Is this normal? If not,...
  4. Having a weird problem with CTRL

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Can't remove Gaming Services anymore and all other sorts of weirdness

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't remove Gaming Services anymore and all other sorts of weirdness: It started when I tried to play Phantasy Star Online 2 and noticed it giving out an error, telling me to install, which I did, only to notice the login prompt never showing up like it always does when I press enter. I reinstalled the Xbox and Xbox Console Companion app...
  6. Wireless Adapter is causing all sorts of problems

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wireless Adapter is causing all sorts of problems: Hello guys I really need your help. I recently noticed that my PC isn't working as intended and for some reason it always looks like these problems are linked to my wireless adapter. For example it disconnects randomly and when I reboot the PC (sorry I'm not very good with PC...
  7. I Have a weird problem.

I Have a weird problem.: This started a while back whenever i wanted to open a video the cursor just kept lagging and moving like its at 1 fps and then the file explorer would crash and the taskbar would "reset" (all the apps in it would disappear and come again). now whenever i open the downloads...
  8. I'm having a weird problem

I'm having a weird problem: Hello, I'm experiencing a pretty strange problem that has never happened before. It first occurred about five days ago. Here's the issue: Whenever I start my computer after having turned it off, the the touchpad on my laptop isn't working properly. The best way to explain it...
  9. all sorts of problems w/ Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    all sorts of problems w/ Explorer: Hello to the Microsoft Community. I do not know if my computer has been infected by a virus or something, but I've been having problems w/ my Explorer. A few months ago I am having major problems with my Explorer such as not being able to open up images and not being able...
  10. All sorts of problems on unexpected reboot

in Windows 10 Support
    All sorts of problems on unexpected reboot: This morning my computer rebooted for no apparent reason. Then a screen said "Please wait" without the harddrive activity light doing anything for a half hour. I pushed the power button and the computer went off. I pushed it again and nothing happened, repeatedly. I...