Windows 10: Having an issue with fresh installing Win10 from USB (refuses to work)

Discus and support Having an issue with fresh installing Win10 from USB (refuses to work) in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hey there, I'm attempting to do a clean install of Windows 10 Home on an HP 64 laptop from a USB, I've used this same USB for a clean install on two... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MattMGK, Jul 8, 2020.

1. MattMGK Win User

Having an issue with fresh installing Win10 from USB (refuses to work)

Hey there, I'm attempting to do a clean install of Windows 10 Home on an HP 64 laptop from a USB, I've used this same USB for a clean install on two other computers (within the last 3 days) without any issue. I've attempted all the ways to prompt the install that I know how (bios, HPs default reset function, and the default windows function), none of which has worked.

When the "boot from USB" option is selected, the screen goes black then displays the HP logo as on startup (once it showed the dots in a circle loading icon) and then nothing happens, it just stays stuck on that until I manually turn the laptop off. I let it run on that screen for 5+ hours yesterday, there was literally no change at all, I turned it off before I went to bed and when I woke up and turned it back on it started making repairs of some kind to drive windows is installed on.

Yes I know manually turning it off while it's trying to boot like that is a terrible idea, I'm currently doing the standard windows factory reset on it and once that is done I hope I'll have some help from here, then I guess I'll try it again.

Here is the link to the HP page

Product number: 2DN12PA

Product name: HP Notebook - 17-ak003ax

Microprocessor: AMD Dual-Core A9-9420 APU (3 GHz base frequency, up to 3.6 GHz burst frequency, 1 MB cache)

Memory, standard: 8 GB DDR4-1866 SDRAM (1 x 8 GB)

Video graphics: AMD Radeon 530 Graphics (2 GB DDR3 dedicated)
    Discrete

Hard drive: 1 TB 5400 rpm SATA
    128 GB M.2 SSD

Wireless connectivity: Intel 802.11a/b/g/n/ac (1x1) Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.2 Combo

Network interface: Integrated 10/100/1000 GbE LAN

:)

MattMGK, Jul 8, 2020

2. Fresh USB Windows 10 Install - Failing

I am trying to install a fresh copy (reformatted the hard disk) of windows 10 using a USB

• Created an installation media on a USB flash drive (Win 10 pro) from this page Download Windows 10
    • Changed the boot order on the other PC so that it boots using USB
    • Selected custom install
    • Installing Windows goes through the following steps successfully: Copying Windows Files, Getting Files ready for installation, Installing features, Installing updates and before the last step (Finishing up), it restarts
    • Then it goes back to the start of the installation steps

I am stuck and have read numerous posts but don't know what to do to install a fresh copy of Win 10.

deepakkaushik, Jul 8, 2020
  3. Gusgf Win User
    Issues with Win10 Media Creation Tool

Got it working in the end, not sure what happened but now have bootable usb with Win10 on it.

Gusgf, Jul 8, 2020
  4. flamer Win User

No USB ports working on toshiba laptop

Hi guys,

Got an old Toshiba laptop, satellite l500d pslk0a-00r009
    Its old and doesn't officially support win10. However I have it installed and everything works fine except USB. All the ports seem completely dead, plugging in a USB mouse I get no light on the mouse. USB flash drives don't work either. This was previously working under win7.

The issue seems to be I don't have "Generic USB hub" in device manager. Have tried to manually install it using add legacy hardware but it wont take. I have several USB root hub and others listed, but not the generic hub.

Here's what I have tried so far:

Uninstall all USB device in device managers and reboot
    Confirmed BIOS is latest version
    tried both legacy and compatibly USB mode in BIOS
    Download and install generic win10 USB drivers
    Disable USB power saving mode
    Installed toshiba's service center, no updates available
    Ran MS troubleshooter/fixit

I think the next step is to give up, but does anyone else have any suggestions?

thanks

flamer, Jul 8, 2020
Thema:

1. Having an issue with fresh installing Win10 from USB (refuses to work) - Similar Threads - Having issue fresh

2. Issues With USBs After a Fresh Install of Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues With USBs After a Fresh Install of Windows: Hi everyone, I apologize for my lack of knowledge on the topic, but I will try to describe my issue as best as I can.Recently for a number of reasons I had to install a completely fresh version of windows on my computer. I did this through a USB. I have one large USB that I...
  3. Issues With USBs After a Fresh Install of Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues With USBs After a Fresh Install of Windows: Hi everyone, I apologize for my lack of knowledge on the topic, but I will try to describe my issue as best as I can.Recently for a number of reasons I had to install a completely fresh version of windows on my computer. I did this through a USB. I have one large USB that I...
  4. Issues With USBs After a Fresh Install of Windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows have corrupted files after fresh install from usb

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows have corrupted files after fresh install from usb: Hello I fresh install my windows a couple of times and when i always use /sfc scannow i will have corrupted files. What is wrong ?Here is the log file : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ciQezsLL6ifByXduUDx0AlddLZbxoPMX/view?usp=sharing...
  6. Windows have corrupted files after fresh install from usb

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows have corrupted files after fresh install from usb: Hello I fresh install my windows a couple of times and when i always use /sfc scannow i will have corrupted files. What is wrong ?Here is the log file : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ciQezsLL6ifByXduUDx0AlddLZbxoPMX/view?usp=sharing...
  7. Fresh Windows Install from USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fresh Windows Install from USB: I have performed a refresh installation from 2 different USB drives and my HP Elitebook continously freezes on Just A Moment. Can some one please help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fresh-windows-install-from-usb/4e318321-4776-48e2-923d-39db72bfb940
  8. Having an issue with fresh installing Win10 from USB refuses to work0

Having an issue with fresh installing Win10 from USB refuses to work0: Hey there, I'm attempting to do a clean install of Windows 10 Home on an HP 64 laptop from a USB, I've used this same USB for a clean install on two other computers within the last 3 days without any issue. I've attempted all the ways to prompt the install that I know how...
  9. Fresh Win10 Install, backspace stops working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Fresh Win10 Install, backspace stops working: I finally upgraded to win 10 and my computer is running very smoothly except for an issue with my backspace button, it doesn't work. It doesn't work on the keyboard plugged into my pc, it doesn't work on my Bluetooth keyboard, it doesn't work on my onscreen keyboard....
  10. Attempting to install Win10 on a fresh disk from a usb device

Attempting to install Win10 on a fresh disk from a usb device: After seriously long waits I eventually see my fresh hard drive. I go ahead and attempt to install and find "No device drivers were found. Make sure that the installation media contains the correct drivers and then click OK" I opened every folder on the USB drive and...