Windows 10: Having an issue with (most likely) video drivers

Discus and support Having an issue with (most likely) video drivers in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I have set my laptop (Asus X-509) screen to turn off after a couple of minutes of inactivity. However, if I have a YouTube video... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/_casual_redditor_, Apr 3, 2021.

1. Having an issue with (most likely) video drivers

Hello everyone,

I have set my laptop (Asus X-509) screen to turn off after a couple of minutes of inactivity. However, if I have a YouTube video paused when the screen shuts off, it doesn't come back on. The screen turns on, but it is completely black. Sometimes, after a minute or so, it will return to normal but other times I have to hard reboot because nothing else works. I assumed it was a video driver issue (Intel UHD 620), but uninstalling/reinstalling the video drivers hasn't fixed the issue.

Specs:

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8265U CPU @ 1.60GHz 1.80 GHz

Installed RAM 8.00 GB (7.85 GB usable)

System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Edition Windows 10 Home

Version 20H2

Installed on ‎25/‎10/‎2020

OS build 19042.867

Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0

Thanks

submitted by /u/_casual_redditor_
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/_casual_redditor_, Apr 3, 2021
  2. Rose Cal Win User

video issues

Hi Greg,

It is possible that the reason why you're experiencing problems playing a video and it does not show the content is due to corrupted or outdated video drivers. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Does this happen when using Facebook through a web browser or Facebook app?
    • Since you've mentioned that this happens with Facebook, does this also happen with other applications or if you're using a browser, does this happen also when playing videos in different website?
    • Have you tried using another browser and check if the issue still persists?
    • Have you tried updating your video drivers?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you check for the latest update for your video drivers by performing the steps in this article by clicking on this
    link.

If you're accessing Facebook through a web browser, we suggest that you check for updates and try clearing its cache and cookies.

If you're accessing Facebook through the app, try uninstalling then reinstall it and check if the issue still persists.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Apr 3, 2021
  3. video playback issue after windows 10 update

Hi Mark,

Corrupted software and/or driver issues could be the reasons why you're experiencing problems when playing videos. We suggest that you try these steps, then check if the issue persists:

Feel free to update us on the result.

Rachelle Gra, Apr 3, 2021
  4. Having an issue with (most likely) video drivers

video issues

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would require more information to help you better.

• For a better understanding of the issue, let me know if the issue occurs with all videos or any specific videos (File type)?

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps:

Method 1:

You may try running the Hardware and Device troubleshooter and check if it helps.

a. Press Windows Key +R, type Control Panel.

b. Type troubleshooting in the search bar, click on troubleshooting.

c. Click on Hardware and Sound, click on Hardware and Devices.

d. Follow the steps from the wizard to run the troubleshooter.

If the issue still persist I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall display drivers in compatibility mode and check if it helps:

Step 1: Uninstall the Display driver from Device Manager.

Follow the steps to uninstall the Display driver.

• Press Windows Key + X and then click Device Manger.
    • Search for Display Adapters and expand it.
    • Right click on the Microsoft Basic Display Adapters and select Uninstall.
    • Follow the prompt and restart the computer.
    Step 2: Install the Display driver in compatibility mode:

a. Right click on the setup file of the driver and select
    Properties

b. Select Compatibility Tab

c. Place a check mark next to Run this program in Compatibility mode and select the operating system accordingly from the drop down list

d. Let the driver to install and then check the functionality.

Hope this information helps and let us know the status of the issue we will be glad to help you.

Mohammed Yaseer, Apr 3, 2021
Thema:

Having an issue with (most likely) video drivers

1. Having an issue with (most likely) video drivers - Similar Threads - Having issue likely

2. I most likely have a residual virus after deleting most of them.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I most likely have a residual virus after deleting most of them.: Hi, recently my computer was infected with malware, but used MalwareBytes to delete some of them. However, my computer is still abnormally loud in the fans and I fear that I still have malware. What do I do? Running a scan using Windows Security will detect nothing, so I'm...
  3. I most likely have a residual virus after deleting most of them.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I most likely have a residual virus after deleting most of them.: Hi, recently my computer was infected with malware, but used MalwareBytes to delete some of them. However, my computer is still abnormally loud in the fans and I fear that I still have malware. What do I do? Running a scan using Windows Security will detect nothing, so I'm...
  4. Frequent blue screens most likely driver related

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent blue screens most likely driver related: Hello everyone,I've done a clean install of Windows 11 on my laptop about a few weeks ago and since then I've been experiencing lots of bluescreens and unsolicited restarts. It was bearable until today when I've gotten upwards of 5 bluescreens in the span of about a few...
  5. Frequent blue screens most likely driver related

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Frequent blue screens most likely driver related: Hello everyone,I've done a clean install of Windows 11 on my laptop about a few weeks ago and since then I've been experiencing lots of bluescreens and unsolicited restarts. It was bearable until today when I've gotten upwards of 5 bluescreens in the span of about a few...
  6. Video Driver issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Video Driver issue: Hello, I don't know what happened, but I have problems with my video Driver. Intel hd graphics 5500, i3. I understand a little in pc, and tried to do something by myself, I tried for instructions on how to update/change/renew my video Driver, but I couldn't find anything....
  7. Laptop's headphone audio jack refuses to output sound. Most likely a driver issue since...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop's headphone audio jack refuses to output sound. Most likely a driver issue since...: This is an old W7 Asus laptop from 2012 that I recently brought back into service and had been working like a charm since I upgraded to W10 (while not keeping any previous files) I plugged some external speakers in the laptop's audio jack 2 days ago, at first they didn't...
  8. Video Driver issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Video Driver issue: Hi i am getting the Blue Screen error, whenever I start the recording with inbuild camera. please find the MiniDump Detail for the same, Please help to resolve the issue. Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.19041.1 AMD64 Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All...
  9. Video Driver / Card Issues

Video Driver / Card Issues: Hi! I was trying to start up a game through Origin after a long time of not playing and instead got an pop-up that said, "Can't run with the video card in this system. Please check that the video card meets the minimum specifications and that the latest video drivers are...
  10. Video driver issues

Video driver issues: Ok laptop Dell Latitude D510. 2 gigs of ram 1.4 gig processor 60 Gig hard drive. XP was on it installed Windows 10. Had audio and video issues.No drivers installed could not find or update them. Went to Dell site and downloaded drivers for audio, chipset and firmware. Got...