Windows 10: Having an issue with my USB devices that I cant' find a solution for.

Discus and support Having an issue with my USB devices that I cant' find a solution for. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Like the title says, I'm having an issue with my USB devices that I can't seem to find a solution for. My issue is that, randomly, my USB devices will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/WhyySoup, Jun 29, 2020.

1. Having an issue with my USB devices that I cant' find a solution for.

Like the title says, I'm having an issue with my USB devices that I can't seem to find a solution for.

My issue is that, randomly, my USB devices will disconnect and reconnect. Which is quite the pain because my wireless is through a USB device. Sometimes, it's fine for days in a row. Other times, it's non-stop for hours. And when the USB devices reconnect, my internet doesn't automatically reconnect. I have to troubleshoot or re-plug the adapter back in.

I've tried using each device one by one to see if there was one culprit. I've changed the power settings every which way. I've gone to the Device Manager and changed each Root Hub to not automatically turn off to save power. Pretty much anything you can find online, I've tried.

If anyone has some other suggestions, they would be much appreciated.

EDIT: Should also mention, this only started happening when I upgraded to Windows 10. Which is why I posted here. If this is the wrong place to post, I apologize.

submitted by /u/WhyySoup
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/WhyySoup, Jun 29, 2020

2. i cant find my device in devices

Hi Martin,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

1. Is that a USB 2.0 cable or the 3.0 cable which comes with the gaming device?
    2. Have you plugged in the USB cable to the appropriate port?

However, you may want to try these steps one by one and check if that makes any difference.

Step1: Plug in the USB cable to a different and correct USB port and check the status.

Step 2: I suggest you to run hardware and devices troubleshooter and check if that helps.

1. Press the Windows + X, and click on Search.
    2. Type troubleshooting and select Troubleshooting.
    3. Click on Hardware and Sound and select Hardware and Devices and click on Next to run the troubleshooter.

Step 3: Remove and reinstall all USB controllers.

1. Open Device Manager by pressing Windows key + X and select Device Manager from the list. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
    2. In the list of hardware categories, find and expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    3. Right-click every device under the Universal Serial Bus controllers node, and then click ‘Uninstall’ to remove them one at a time.
    4. Restart the computer, and let the USB controllers get reinstalled.
    Plug in the removable USB device, and then check to make sure that the issue is resolved.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Jun 29, 2020
  3. My laptop is not showing other devices or unknown devices

Hi,

My name is Angel. I am an Independent Advisor. Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Some devices might be listed under hidden devices in Device Manager, I suggest you to open Device Manager then click on View option and click on Show hidden devices. Once it is done, check whether you can find the device.

As an initial step of troubleshooting, I suggest you to try connecting the device with other USB ports and check if it is detected (If you are connecting through USB).

Also, try updating the USB drivers and check if it helps. Follow the below steps.

-Open Device Manager.

-Find and expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.

-Right-click on each driver listed and click on Update Driver Software

-Restart the system after updating the drivers.

-Try connecting the device and check if the issue still persists.

Hope the information provided is useful. If the issue persists, reply here and we will be glad to help you.

Angel.

AngelCarreno, Jun 29, 2020
  4. Having an issue with my USB devices that I cant' find a solution for.

USB devices have yellow marker in device manager under 'Other devices'

Hi Roger,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Let me help you.

• What is the make and model of your devices?

I suggest you to perform the following troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.

I suggest you to run hardware and devices troubleshooter and check.

• Press the Windows + X,
      and click on Search.

• Type troubleshooting and select
      Troubleshooting

• Click on Hardware and Sound and select
      Hardware and Devices

• Click on Next to run the troubleshooter

Method 2: Update USB Controllers.

To update the USB Controllers from Device Manager follow these steps.

• Go to Device manager in control panel.

• Select Device manager and a Device Manager window will pop-up.

• Double Click on USB Controllers to expand.

• Right click on the USB Controllers that is listed and select Update.

I hope the information helps. If you need any further assistance, please feel free to contact us again. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Aswin_Anand, Jun 29, 2020
Thema:

Having an issue with my USB devices that I cant' find a solution for.

1. Having an issue with my USB devices that I cant' find a solution for. - Similar Threads - Having issue USB

2. Cant find a solution for BAD_POOL_CALLER BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant find a solution for BAD_POOL_CALLER BSOD: Hello, Since a while my PC gets a BSOD and crashes with a BAD_POOL_CALLER Error. Fight now my PC wont even Run for 5 min before crashing. Ive tried Most of the things the web told me-update Windows drivers-update device drivers-sfc Scan/repair which tells me it found some...
  3. Cant find a solution for BAD_POOL_CALLER BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant find a solution for BAD_POOL_CALLER BSOD: Hello, Since a while my PC gets a BSOD and crashes with a BAD_POOL_CALLER Error. Fight now my PC wont even Run for 5 min before crashing. Ive tried Most of the things the web told me-update Windows drivers-update device drivers-sfc Scan/repair which tells me it found some...
  4. Find my device issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Find my device issue: Anytime I try to use the find my device or lock my device feature it says please revise lockmessage. This version may contain offensive words or something like that. Help?...
  5. Im having audio Issues and I cant find a fix

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Im having audio Issues and I cant find a fix: So ive had my windows 10 laptop for a little over a year now and Ive been trying to fix an audio issue I have had for a few months. I use airpods when Im using my laptop to listen to music, log on google meets, and chat with my friends on discord, however when I turn on my...
  6. My usb headphones randomly stopped working but i cant find a solution

My usb headphones randomly stopped working but i cant find a solution: Sometimes my usb headphones (JBL Quantum 400 ) and sometimes it can stop videos from working on YouTube or Netflix and sometimes i have to restart my pc to get it back to normal and it can also make my game lag as well and i cant find a fix and its very frustrating submitted...
  7. Persistent BSOD, cant find solution

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Persistent BSOD, cant find solution: bsod irql_not_less_or_equal. This bastard have been showing up for months now. I tried the checklists I found on google. I need your help, if you please. It seems to happen mostly when im using the chrome web-browser. But it could be coincidence. It happens most days! Very...
  8. Please help i cant find a solution anywhere

Please help i cant find a solution anywhere: Please help! Ive been using three monitors for a couple months now and suddenly my main monitor is the only one that works! If i unplug it, the other two come on but it still detects the first one and all my windows still pop up on the first so i cant check the settings....
  9. googled for ages cant find solutions. . .

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    googled for ages cant find solutions. . .: so I have tried everything here one day I got the below message in a pop up box , have googled and tried lots and lots of solutions from commands and checking if all drivers and things are up to date , even doing a fresh install get to restart and then says undoing changes to...
  10. i cant find my device in devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i cant find my device in devices: Hey, i newly bought a new device (thrustmaster ferrari 458 spider racing wheel) and plugged it in to my pc, my pc doesn't find it. the led on my racing wheel is turned on, but my computer won't find it. Please help, Martin...