Windows 10: Having an issue with the task bar while using dual monitors

Discus and support Having an issue with the task bar while using dual monitors in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have two monitors, and I noticed when I hit the show desktop button on my main screen task bar, that it minimizes everything, even the task bar on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/wolff540, Nov 27, 2020.

1. Having an issue with the task bar while using dual monitors

I have two monitors, and I noticed when I hit the show desktop button on my main screen task bar, that it minimizes everything, even the task bar on the second monitor. Im not sure if this has always done this, as I never really paid attention. But I noticed it tonight after hitting it and trying to do something on the second monitor. Does anyone know if this is suppose to happen?

submitted by /u/wolff540
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/wolff540, Nov 27, 2020

2. Task Bar on dual monitors

How do you turn off the task bar on the second monitor so that you only have 1 which displays on the main monitor?

JerryAnton, Nov 27, 2020
  3. Unable to access multiple tasks using drag option on dual monitors in Windows 10

Hi Alex,

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• Have you made any changes to the operating system that might have resulted in this issue?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

Let us try few of the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall and update the display driver

Steps to uninstall the drivers for the Display Adapter.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right click on the Display Adapter
      and click on Uninstall.
    • Restart the computer.
    • Do the same as above steps, right click
      on the Display Adapter and click on Update Driver Software.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

If the issue still persists,

Step 3: I suggest you to remove the external monitor, re-add and check with the status.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of handling the tasks on dual monitors for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 27, 2020
  4. Having an issue with the task bar while using dual monitors

task bar

Hi Joe,

To isolate the issue, please provide the following information:

• Do you have dual monitor on your computer?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Regards.

JohnRod Nav, Nov 27, 2020
Thema:

Having an issue with the task bar while using dual monitors

1. Having an issue with the task bar while using dual monitors - Similar Threads - Having issue task

2. Task bar does not follow settings with dual monitors.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task bar does not follow settings with dual monitors.: I have my taskbar set to show all apps on both my monitors, but periodically my second monitor will only show the apps that are on it. If I look at the task bar settings while that is going on, the settings will be correct, i.e. "show taskbar buttons on: All taskbars" but the...
  3. In a dual monitor setup is it possible to have the task bar on one monitor but the full...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    In a dual monitor setup is it possible to have the task bar on one monitor but the full...: I do remember seeing something similar on Reddit but I just can’t make it happen myself. submitted by /u/zoomiemushrooms [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mb2ag3/in_a_dual_monitor_setup_is_it_possible_to_have/
  4. Issue with using Dual Monitors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Issue with using Dual Monitors: Greetings all; I just installed 2nd monitor. Settings are EXTENDED. My cursor moves from main screen to second screen BUTTTT, when I attempt to move a window it does not appear on 2nd monitor. Assistance appreciated, TIA sonny...
  5. Dual Monitor Issues (Bar at the top of screen)

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Dual Monitor Issues (Bar at the top of screen): Hi, We have multiple dual monitor setups at my office, all on completely different hardware (desktops and surfaces). Most users suffer from an intermittent bug where an empty grey bar (sometimes can be black) appears across the top of the main monitor which is completely...
  6. Dual Monitor Issues (Bar at the top of screen)

in Windows 10 Support
    Dual Monitor Issues (Bar at the top of screen): Hi, We have multiple dual monitor setups at my office, all on completely different hardware (desktops and surfaces). Most users suffer from an intermittent bug where an empty grey bar (sometimes can be black) appears across the top of the main monitor which is completely...
  7. Dual Monitor issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dual Monitor issue: There are two monitors (both are Dell U2717D), one is connected to onboard HDMI and another one is connected to onboard DP. I would like to let Windows set both of them are extended displayed even the 2nd monitor (DP) is off. Currently if I turn on both monitors, Windows...
  8. Just upgraded and using dual monitor and I have this weird white bar

in Windows 10 Support
    Just upgraded and using dual monitor and I have this weird white bar: [img] Not sure how big this image will be but I have this white bar on my 2nd screen and I cant figure how to get rid of it. 34669
  9. Dual Monitor issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Dual Monitor issue: I had Windows 7 with dual monitors. I never had any issue with them. I had bought a video card to make the 2nd monitor work. I recently upgraded to WIndows 10. Dual monitors still work, But if i move anything to teh second monitor, everything is much smaller. Excel sheets are...
  10. Task View with Dual Monitors issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Task View with Dual Monitors issue: I have a dual monitor setup: - Main screen, where I work using different applications in different virtual desktops. - Secondary screen, where another application constantly running in the foreground (e.g.: showing a movie, youtube videos etc.), which I need to be...