Windows 10: Having BSOD issue: "DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE"

Discus and support Having BSOD issue: "DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE" in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, shortly after I turn on my computer, I suddenly get this screen: https://ibb.co/HVdqV6W After this screen completes, I get taken back to the sign... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TheFarticleParticle, Feb 13, 2021.

1. Having BSOD issue: "DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE"

Hi, shortly after I turn on my computer, I suddenly get this screen:

https://ibb.co/HVdqV6W

After this screen completes, I get taken back to the sign in screen.

I've updated all my drivers, did a full scan and repair with the software "Restoro", and did the sfc/scannow command prompt line. I also adjusted my power settings. Unfortunately I'm still having this issue. I have been using all the hardware I have installed for several months without issue before this started happening.

I'm no computer expert, but I have researched Microsoft Answers & Windows Report and so far none of their "guaranteed fixes" have worked. I was hoping to hear some new ideas via this post.

I'm not sure exactly when this problem started, but it hasn't been more than a week or two. Here are some observations before I wrap up, maybe they will be useful for someone to help troubleshoot:

When the issue first began, I got the BSOD while trying to log in. A few more startups later, and I could sign in, but once I had done so my cursor wouldn't appear on my desktop and I'd get BSOD shortly after. Now that I've tried a few fixes, my mouse cursor appears upon signing in, but I still get BSOD shortly after and I can't increase or decrease my volume. Last observation: When the log in background is one of those regularly changing Windows 10 nature images, I will get BSOD after signing in. Once the BSOD completes and I'm taken back to the log in page, the background is the default windows 10 Beach image.

I'm out of ideas so hopefully someone can help. My last ditch effort will be to completely wipe my SSD clean (it's the only drive on my computer) and reinstall windows. That would be a pain in the ass though because I would have to redo a ton of stuff.

submitted by /u/TheFarticleParticle
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TheFarticleParticle, Feb 13, 2021

2. BSOD : DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

I have a laptop ASUS X550JK, I get the BSOD with DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE, it happens randomly, Before the BSOD occurs, I notice a rise in CPU temperature and the fan makes noise

Having BSOD issue: "DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE" gDUxQ.png

When I check the dump file, I get this :

Having BSOD issue: "DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE" 4w1fx.png

What I've tried:

1. I've tried to install Windows 10 with USB and CD/DVD Drive as
      well, but the same issue happened every time.
    2. I've updated all drivers (using Driver Booster,Driver
      Reviver
      and DriverPack solution).
    3. I've changed some Power settings.

NOTE: With Linux (Ubuntu 19.04 & Mint), everything works just fine, I've used Linux for 1 week, and I didn't face any issue with it.

Can anyone help me to get resolve this issue, I've spent a lot of time to solve it with no success

Mouaad Abdelghafour AITALI, Feb 13, 2021
  3. netalyst Win User
    Bsod: Driver_power_state_failure

@philc43

Thank you again, I'll keep using system as you suggest - zbook is still awaiting many more results from me, so the PC is going to be busy!

And I shall post more recent logs (as per my first post) in 24hrs. Fingers crossed - default position for me *Smile

Best,
    Mike

- - - Updated - - -
    @zbook

Sata SSD Drive:
    a. HDtune Benchmark:

Having BSOD issue: "DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE" [​IMG]

b. hdtune Health:

c. Full Error Scan:

Rest to follow shortly - or not so shortly, depending on how long they take to run.
    I'm on cooking duty tonight, so busy for most of the time.
    Best,
    Mike

netalyst, Feb 13, 2021
  4. netalyst Win User

Having BSOD issue: "DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE"

Bsod: Driver_power_state_failure

@zbook
    HDTune - WDC hdd#2
    Benchmark:

Amazing how rapidly transfer speed (appears to) detiorate. Just an average of 143 MB/s - did not expect that from a reasonable quality 6Gb/s sata drive?

Health:

As suggested, will let error check run overnight.

Shift + restart only gave 3 options - no Safe Mode
    1. Continue ( to win10)
    2. Trouble Shoot
    3. Shutdown/Turn-off

Fast start-up is turned off.

Best,
    Mike

netalyst, Feb 13, 2021
Thema:

Having BSOD issue: "DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE"

1. Having BSOD issue: "DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE" - Similar Threads - Having BSOD issue

2. Bsod: Driver_power_state_failure

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bsod: Driver_power_state_failure: Win10 version is:10.0.19041 Build 19041 Had the above error 4 times. Have recently converted MBR to GPT, installed nvme drive (vertical slot) under (much needed) guidance from TenForums. Absolutely do not think any of the changes made are responsible for the BSOD; there...
  3. DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE BSOD

DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE BSOD: Hi everyone sorry for my english, it's not my first language I have an HP laptop a bit more than a year and a half and about 3 months after buying and till this day I keep getting a DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE BSOD while gaming. I've taken it to the store I bought it from...
  4. BSOD Driver_Power_State_Failure

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD Driver_Power_State_Failure: I've been getting this BSOD issue for quite some time now and I haven't been able to fix it. I've updated all my drivers and I'm still getting the errors. Here's what my debugger tells me this. Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.19528.1000 AMD64Copyright c Microsoft...
  5. BSOD Driver_power_state_failure

BSOD Driver_power_state_failure: Hi, I realy often are getting bsod with "DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE" and can't figure out what is causing it. Hope someone could help me out. Below is an link in which i've uploaded the .dmp file and system info....
  6. BSOD : DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD : DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE: I have a laptop ASUS X550JK, I get the BSOD with DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE, it happens randomly, Before the BSOD occurs, I notice a rise in CPU temperature and the fan makes noise, What I've tried: I've tried to install Windows 10 with USB and CD/DVD Drive as well, but the...
  7. BSOD (DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE)

BSOD (DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE): I updated my bios, it failed but my PC still works so here are the BSOD informations (these are different) : (1) IMAGE_NAME: pci.sys DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: f525018 MODULE_NAME: pci FAULTING_MODULE: fffff80059080000 pci (2) MODULE_NAME: dxgkrnl...
  8. BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE: My PC started to bluescreen a couple weeks ago. When I turn the PC on and I login its fine for a few minutes then bluescreens. It restarts automatically and I login again and its fine for the whole day... until I turn it off and on again the next day then it bluescreens...
  9. DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE BSOD issue

DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE BSOD issue: Hi, I am facing BSOD errors in my ASUSnotebook..I have already updated the drivers from manufacture site and also collected the minidump files with driver verifier on for non microsoft drivers.Please find the link for the minidump files for the bsod.(Also got confirmation...
  10. Driver_Power_State_Failure BSOD issues

Driver_Power_State_Failure BSOD issues: Hi, I was getting multiple bsod issues but after updating the bios and drivers most of them are resolved except this DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE BSOD.I have changed the power plan settings for PCI Express and Wireless but issue still persists.I also tried running memory...