Windows 10: HAVING BSOD *ONLY WHEN GAMING*

Discus and support HAVING BSOD *ONLY WHEN GAMING* in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; SO HERE'S THE DEAL, I'M HAVING BSOD ONLY WHEN GAMING, AT FIRST I THOUGHT THE MAIN PROBLEM IS THE HDD WHICH I REPLACED WITH A NEW ONE. BUT I'M WRONG,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KennethDestura, Apr 9, 2020.

1. HAVING BSOD *ONLY WHEN GAMING*

SO HERE'S THE DEAL,

I'M HAVING BSOD ONLY WHEN GAMING, AT FIRST I THOUGHT THE MAIN PROBLEM IS THE HDD WHICH I REPLACED WITH A NEW ONE.

BUT I'M WRONG, AFTER RESETTING MY PC, I STILL GET BSOD WHENEVER I'M PLAYING GAMES, THE CONFUSING PART IS THAT SOMETIMES IT DOESN'T OCCURS, SOMETIMES IT HAPPENS. I TRIED MANY SOLUTIONS LIKE, UPDATING MY DRIVERS BUT IT STILL HAPPENS.

1ST QUESTION: IS IT MY RAM THAT IS FAULTY ?

2ND QUESTION: OR IS IT MY VIDEO CARD THAT IS FAULTY ?

MY PC SPECS:

WINDOWS 10 PR0 64BIT

INTEL CORE I7-6700

8GB RAM

GEFORCE GTX 960 4GB

*I WILL APPRECIATE EVERY ANSWERS, I'M CONFUSED WHAT I WILL REPLACED OR THERE IS NOTHING TO REPLACE AT ALL.

:)

KennethDestura, Apr 9, 2020

2. BSOD When playing games

Hi Jackson,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Please share the information requested below:

• Does the BSOD occur while playing a particular game?
    • Is the game downloaded from Windows Store?

I suggest you to update the Graphic Card drivers by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Refer the link below for more information:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 9, 2020
  3. Game with the best story, you have played

wasnt aimed at your game theres a few red headed step childs in the lists by people that dont really belong in a best story, the games all have merit but theres very few that should be given best story. theres alot of games here im seeing that just dont hit that mark.

crazyeyesreaper, Apr 9, 2020
  4. cplpro Win User

HAVING BSOD *ONLY WHEN GAMING*

7 different BSoD

Hey guys,

I have a serious problem. I make it as short as possible:

• system runs 100 % fine with the 10.12
    • updatet to Catalyst 11.1 -> BSoD
    • updatet to 11.1 Hotfix -> BSoD
    • rollback to 10.12 -> BSoD
    • removed ALL AMD files manually, installed 10.12 -> BSoD
    • Temps are fine
    • no sfc /scannow errors
    • no chkdsk errors
    • Prime, Furmark all fine
    • regardless what driver I install -> BSoD
    • I did no hw changes, no OC
    Here are my BSoDs I receive:
    • 0x0000010e
    • 0x1000007e
    • 0x0000007e
    • 0x0000004e
    • 0x0000003b
    • dxgmms1.sys
    • PFN_LIST_CORRUPT
    They all refer to the GPU of course ...

From now on I receive a BSoD every time I try to play a game (especially BC2 and SC II) even if I completely remove the old driver and make a clean install.
    Apparently the 11.1 damaged my system irreparable.

Any advice or info would be very much appreciated *Smile HAVING BSOD *ONLY WHEN GAMING* :)

cplpro, Apr 9, 2020
Thema:

HAVING BSOD *ONLY WHEN GAMING*

1. HAVING BSOD *ONLY WHEN GAMING* - Similar Threads - HAVING BSOD *ONLY

2. DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD only when gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD only when gaming: Hi all,I have been getting consistent BSOD's, all with the stop code: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. What failed: tcpip.sys. This specifically only happens when playing Fortnite for whatever reason. It has not happened outside of Fortnite at all. It must be some other program...
  3. DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD only when gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD only when gaming: Hi all,I have been getting consistent BSOD's, all with the stop code: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. What failed: tcpip.sys. This specifically only happens when playing Fortnite for whatever reason. It has not happened outside of Fortnite at all. It must be some other program...
  4. BSOD error when playing games only

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD error when playing games only: when I ran my dump file I got this error below,\SystemRoot\System32\drivers\iaStorAC.sys, Win32 error 0n2 It's an intel storage rapid technology, but I can't seem to find a fix, I tried downgrading the driver version but I still get a blue screen error, I've ran all the...
  5. BSOD error when playing games only

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD error when playing games only: when I ran my dump file I got this error below,\SystemRoot\System32\drivers\iaStorAC.sys, Win32 error 0n2 It's an intel storage rapid technology, but I can't seem to find a fix, I tried downgrading the driver version but I still get a blue screen error, I've ran all the...
  6. BSOD only when playing certain games!!!

BSOD only when playing certain games!!!: I have been having a BSOD issue every couple weeks where I will start up specific games and within an hour or two, I experience a BSOD crash. I am not sure of what to do as my research capabilities comprehension really... has hit a brick wall. I have attached my Minidump...
  7. Bsod only when gaming

Bsod only when gaming: Hey. Ive recenlty built a new pc and when Im playing games I get BSOD "WHEA Uncorrectable Error" or a sudden restart. Ive sent my pc to a test to see if all the parts are good and nothing corrupted. Its seems like its something else I dont know what it could be. on windows...
  8. BSOD: Only crashes when playing games

BSOD: Only crashes when playing games: Hi I have been having issues with my PC crashing to a BSOD only while playing games both cpu and gpu intensive, mostly Divinity: Original sin 2, EU4, and subnautica, . I have reinstalled a clean windows from a bootable USB, updated all drivers, and stress tested my cpu, gpu,...
  9. BSOD only when playing games

BSOD only when playing games: Hello, Lately i have been getting frequent bsod only while playing one certain game (fortnite). I have tried troubleshooting using the steps provided on the windows website but haven't got into a solution. So i am suspicious of my microphone (audio driver) to be causing...
  10. BSOD only happening when gaming

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD only happening when gaming: As in the title. I frequently get bluescreen while gaming every 2-5 hours or so. It says either "UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION" or "MEMORY_MANAGMENT". The dump file is here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnTADmJrCL1Tg0SkhhW3l5u-HcfU .Help would be highly appreciated Thanks a lot Chris...