Windows 10: Having compability issues with several games on Windows 10

Discus and support Having compability issues with several games on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; In terms of compatibility which is huge to me and my main interest, it got better with some older games that had issues in older builds but still needs... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by windows99, Jul 30, 2016.

1. windows99 Win User

Having compability issues with several games on Windows 10

In terms of compatibility which is huge to me and my main interest, it got better with some older games that had issues in older builds but still needs work. Some games now work properly which is progress but please continue to work on compatibility and better framerate for older games. Here are some issues I still notice that were there in older builds as well:

The Longest Journey - When I try to quit the game, the textbox that is supposed to appear is all white for some reason so I can't click yes or no. Works perfectly fine on windows 7.

gran theft auto 3 - The text in the menus are transparent or invisible for some reason so I can't select anything.

Hitman 2: Silent Assassin - Can't see intro and when I start a game I just hear sound and a black screen is shown. If I alt tab and return then it finally loads the game but I can't even walk with the framerate being all over the place. My character would just walk slowly and eventually it freezes.

grand theft auto: vice city - The game runs at 30 fps yet on windows 7 using the same machine I can run it with 60 fps.

Deus EX:Game of the year Edition ( The one released in 2000 ) - Inconsistent framerate, does not stay at 60 fps like on windows 7. It dips to 30 fps during certain parts.

Quake 1 - If I have fraps on then the game has this weird blinking/flicker issue.

Dino Crisis - Game runs on a forced window and I cant force full screen either with alt+enter. Some games had a similar issue like mafia and max payne but got fixed.

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell (original game) - Task bar appears in game, need to alt tab just to get to full screen.

:)

windows99, Jul 30, 2016
  2. Kuzarux Win User

Old game doesn't work in Windows 10

I'm referring to PlayTrickster. But I've seen several people not being able to play MMO's on Windows 10.

This game is old however, so it haven't been updated since Windows 7. But I've decided to wait untill Microsoft updates Win10 to get the Compability to work (Since I've read about a lot of people not getting old games to work at all).

And the only known issue with the game and Windows 10 is that the game wont start. No one can start the game with Windows 10, and their tech guy suggest that we go back to win 7/8.1 or use a Virtual Machine to be able to play the game again since they can't
    fix it.

Kuzarux, Jul 30, 2016
  3. Far Cry 3 not responding on windows 10

I have bought this game from steam on windows 10 pro, and i've tried to change the compability cause some people said it would work, but my games still not responding and crash every time when i start it. Please fix this issue microsoft team!!!!

HafidhYusuf, Jul 30, 2016
Thema:

Having compability issues with several games on Windows 10

1. Having compability issues with several games on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Having compability issues

2. Several issues with Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Several issues with Windows 10: Hello! The pc is overheating very fast and whenever that happens i get the blue screen of death, however when it doesn’t overheat I can’t download from Microsoft Store, saying: “Install failed”, I can’t play any spotify songs and i get alot of random lag spikes. It doesn’t...
  3. Several issues with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Several issues with Windows 10: Hello! The pc is overheating very fast and whenever that happens i get the blue screen of death, however when it doesn’t overheat I can’t download from Microsoft Store, saying: “Install failed”, I can’t play any spotify songs and i get alot of random lag spikes. It doesn’t...
  4. Several issues with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Several issues with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Several issues with Windows 10: System backups - everything backs up without error but if you need it, the backup is just "unusable"Restore points - same deal as backups - they are created but when needed they are unusable.OneDrive - Great for feeling like you got backups of important files - but try to use...
  6. Several issues with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Several issues with Windows 10: System backups - everything backs up without error but if you need it, the backup is just "unusable"Restore points - same deal as backups - they are created but when needed they are unusable.OneDrive - Great for feeling like you got backups of important files - but try to use...
  7. Several issues with Windows 10

8. Windows 10 Several Issues

Windows 10 Several Issues: Hi, I recently just downloaded Windows 10 Education onto a new PC. Right away, I noticed there were several issues I had with Windows, and I was hoping someone would know what to do. I looked at several guides online suggesting how to fix these issues, and none of them work...
  9. Graphics Card compability issue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphics Card compability issue?: Hello, I realize that this might not be the right place to post about this kind of issue, but I hope that maybe someone from this community can help me. I decided to upgrade my PC, because it couldn't run many games. It had an integrated gpu in my cpu CPU: AMD A10...
  10. Several Windows 10 Issues

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Several Windows 10 Issues: Hey guys, sorry for the kinda dodgy heading as I didn't exactly know how to summarise all the problems I'm having haha. Firstly there's a BSOD with the following error: IRQL_not_less_or_equal, (I know about this, this is networking related, it only happens occasionally,...