Windows 10: Having compability issues with several games on Windows 10

Discus and support Having compability issues with several games on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; In terms of compatibility which is huge to me and my main interest, it got better with some older games that had issues in older builds but still needs... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by windows99, Jul 30, 2016.

1. windows99 Win User

Having compability issues with several games on Windows 10

In terms of compatibility which is huge to me and my main interest, it got better with some older games that had issues in older builds but still needs work. Some games now work properly which is progress but please continue to work on compatibility and better framerate for older games. Here are some issues I still notice that were there in older builds as well:

The Longest Journey - When I try to quit the game, the textbox that is supposed to appear is all white for some reason so I can't click yes or no. Works perfectly fine on windows 7.

gran theft auto 3 - The text in the menus are transparent or invisible for some reason so I can't select anything.

Hitman 2: Silent Assassin - Can't see intro and when I start a game I just hear sound and a black screen is shown. If I alt tab and return then it finally loads the game but I can't even walk with the framerate being all over the place. My character would just walk slowly and eventually it freezes.

grand theft auto: vice city - The game runs at 30 fps yet on windows 7 using the same machine I can run it with 60 fps.

Deus EX:Game of the year Edition ( The one released in 2000 ) - Inconsistent framerate, does not stay at 60 fps like on windows 7. It dips to 30 fps during certain parts.

Quake 1 - If I have fraps on then the game has this weird blinking/flicker issue.

Dino Crisis - Game runs on a forced window and I cant force full screen either with alt+enter. Some games had a similar issue like mafia and max payne but got fixed.

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell (original game) - Task bar appears in game, need to alt tab just to get to full screen.

:)

windows99, Jul 30, 2016
  2. Kuzarux Win User

Old game doesn't work in Windows 10

I'm referring to PlayTrickster. But I've seen several people not being able to play MMO's on Windows 10.

This game is old however, so it haven't been updated since Windows 7. But I've decided to wait untill Microsoft updates Win10 to get the Compability to work (Since I've read about a lot of people not getting old games to work at all).

And the only known issue with the game and Windows 10 is that the game wont start. No one can start the game with Windows 10, and their tech guy suggest that we go back to win 7/8.1 or use a Virtual Machine to be able to play the game again since they can't
    fix it.

Kuzarux, Jul 30, 2016
  3. Far Cry 3 not responding on windows 10

I have bought this game from steam on windows 10 pro, and i've tried to change the compability cause some people said it would work, but my games still not responding and crash every time when i start it. Please fix this issue microsoft team!!!!

HafidhYusuf, Jul 30, 2016
Thema:

Having compability issues with several games on Windows 10

1. Having compability issues with several games on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Having compability issues

2. Error Compability Troubleshooter

in Windows 10 Customization
    Error Compability Troubleshooter: did anyone know what error it is? and what causing the error? thanks[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-compability-troubleshooter/548c29b9-9c71-4ada-8998-5dc22a605a72
  3. Severe Calibrate colors issue conflicting game play.

Severe Calibrate colors issue conflicting game play.: I've been trying to change my Gamma on the Calibrate colors display and it simply does not work. The moment I set the calibration, the setting instantly resets itself to default settings. I have tried uninstalling my graphics drivers, reinstalling them. It still does it, (AMD...
  4. I'm having severe issues with DPC latency issues. Problem may be power and internet...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I'm having severe issues with DPC latency issues. Problem may be power and internet...: Hi, I haven't been here in a millennium. About my issue, I have tried doing research to tackle this audio lagginess, aka DPC latency. This issue has been a problem for months now. I think I figured out the triggers of it, but can't find a true solution. I have tried using...
  5. Several issues

Several issues: First issue: I have a Super Talent USB 3.0 Express RCA flash drive, I have been trying to flash it so I can sell it. However it doesn't show up for me to do that. it does show up in device manager. I'm not very computer savvy. Also it was set up to boot from USB. Second...
  6. Several Windows 10 Issues

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Several Windows 10 Issues: Hey guys, sorry for the kinda dodgy heading as I didn't exactly know how to summarise all the problems I'm having haha. Firstly there's a BSOD with the following error: IRQL_not_less_or_equal, (I know about this, this is networking related, it only happens occasionally,...
  7. Dx8 games have issues ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dx8 games have issues ?: Greetings. I have just bought the complete (except the newest one) Tom Clancy series of FPS-games from Humble Bundle for 10$*Smile But all of the older of the games (dx8.xx) flickers a lot when in full screen. Also V-sync does not work in these games. No matter what I...
  8. Several issues on Windows 10 Pro 64bit

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Several issues on Windows 10 Pro 64bit: Hey, For some time now, my PC is having some issues. 1. When Right click Computer icon > Manage, I get the error attached and when clicking OK, it works fine. If I use the run command (Win key + R > compmgmt.msc), it opens with no error. Attachment 139254 2. Sometime...
  9. folder with several files issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    folder with several files issue: I recently upgrading both of my computers to windows 10 from windows 8.1 and I see this issue on both machines. when I'm in a folder with lots of files ( example music folder with 400 songs) and I scroll down through the folder looking at the files, without me doing...
  10. Security update severe issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Security update severe issues: Hi all so I'll try and be brief as this problem is quite messy. So about a month ago Windows did one of it's usual updates which I had no say in, then the following day after it had applied the update I found myself no longer able to enter my password to log in. The...