Windows 10: Having driver issues

Discus and support Having driver issues in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; r/techsupport is pretty dead so I thought maybe one of you guys can help me. I'm pretty sure my GPU (AMD HD 5450) is dying, every 2 seconds my screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MrBlackPriest, May 2, 2020.

1. Having driver issues

r/techsupport is pretty dead so I thought maybe one of you guys can help me. I'm pretty sure my GPU (AMD HD 5450) is dying, every 2 seconds my screen goes black and it happens constantly. I deleted the drivers for the card and then switched to Microsoft basic display adapter, but I found out I could use normal Intel HD graphics which seems like its a bit faster when playing games like halo reach. The problem started when I woke up in the morning, my Intel graphics weren't in use and it was switched back to hd 5450 which made screen flickering come back. I for some reason deleted the drivers for Intel HD and reinstalled them which led to error code 31 in device manager, now it has a yellow exclamation mark next to it. I have tried almost everything and nothing works, reinstalling drivers, disabling AMD and still nothing! If anyone has any advice please share it. Thanks in advance!

submitted by /u/MrBlackPriest
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/MrBlackPriest, May 2, 2020
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, May 2, 2020
  3. Jerry8A Win User
    Optical Drive Issue

Hello Anak –

Appreciate your detailed return. Your added steps really helped.

Assuming I did the steps correctly, this is where I am now.

Screenshot 12 shows my CD Disc shortcut on my desktop.
    Screenshot 10 shows the CD Drive shortcut listed in the “Send to” listing.
    Screenshot 11 shows the “Send to” listing after the steps were taken, but the CD drive name is not listed.

So, it appears the steps did not work for me. And, I did try the steps, “If it still won’t do ……” and still no luck.

What do you think?

JerryA

Having driver issues [​IMG]

Jerry8A, May 2, 2020
  4. Having driver issues

Display driver issues

Hi Bob,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I highly appreciate your efforts and time.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Did you make any changes prior to this issue?
    • What and all steps have you tried so far?
    It could be due to incorrect settings or missing/corrupt drivers or missing updates.

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

Restart the computer a few times and check for Windows Updates.

In the Search box on the taskbar, enter Windows Update, select Windows Update. On the Windows Update page, select Check for updates.

Then try to update the display drivers.

How to update drivers: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/how-to-update-drivers

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, May 2, 2020
Thema:

Having driver issues

1. Having driver issues - Similar Threads - Having driver issues

2. Having issues with drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having issues with drivers: I have Asus Tuf f15 and i'm facing issues with A2DP SNK driver and Hands-Free HF. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/having-issues-with-drivers/f45f6463-c504-4efe-b8f6-0524125f2de9
  3. Having issues with drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Having issues with drivers: I have Asus Tuf f15 and i'm facing issues with A2DP SNK driver and Hands-Free HF. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/having-issues-with-drivers/f45f6463-c504-4efe-b8f6-0524125f2de9
  4. Having driver issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Having driver issues: I bought this laptop 1.5 years ago initially it didnt had any issues but one day i came up with this issue that my speakers arent working i dont know what to do as by that time i was new to Windows ive used windows but this is my first windows pc....so suddenly one day saw...
  5. Having driver issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having driver issues: I bought this laptop 1.5 years ago initially it didnt had any issues but one day i came up with this issue that my speakers arent working i dont know what to do as by that time i was new to Windows ive used windows but this is my first windows pc....so suddenly one day saw...
  6. Having driver issues

7. Having issues with intel RST driver

Having issues with intel RST driver: Hello community , I am having problems where my laptop freezes for 20 seconds and comes back again , and when i see the logs in the event viewer , these are the two errors ,"The IO operation at logical block address 0x2759328 for Disk 0 PDO name: \Device\00000036 was...
  8. Having issues with intel RST driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having issues with intel RST driver: Hello community , I am having problems where my laptop freezes for 20 seconds and comes back again , and when i see the logs in the event viewer , these are the two errors ,"The IO operation at logical block address 0x2759328 for Disk 0 PDO name: \Device\00000036 was...
  9. Currently having a driver issue and audio issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Currently having a driver issue and audio issue: One of the drivers constantly has a yellow marker beside it the name of the driver HID- compliant headset. Have tried reinstalling and uninstalling multiple times always comes back on reboot. Now the other main concern as I don't think they are related because the issue...
  10. Having sound driver issues!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Having sound driver issues!: Hi! Just need help with a little problem that has occurred twice now! So, what happens is, out of the blue, all sound on my computer (even system sounds) becomes very slowed down, choppy and glitchy. The first time it happened a few days ago, I restarted the computer, it...