Windows 10: Having frequent BSOD while playing games & using Zoom. Please help

Discus and support Having frequent BSOD while playing games & using Zoom. Please help in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; For the past month and a half I have been getting frequent BSODs when playing video games Borderlands 3 & Cities Skylines and less often using Zoom.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JackVDH, Mar 7, 2021.

1. JackVDH Win User

Having frequent BSOD while playing games & using Zoom. Please help

For the past month and a half I have been getting frequent BSODs when playing video games Borderlands 3 & Cities Skylines and less often using Zoom. It's very frustrating, as Device Manager never shows any issues. Driverview shows a bunch of drivers highlighted in red, but I don't really know what that means. I reinstalled Windows and wiped my computer clean a few days ago, hoping to fix the problem, but it didn't work.

BSOD errors I've received before & after reset:

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_EXCEPTION

SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

What's failed:

win32k.sys

bam.sys

nvlddmkm.sys

rt640x64.sys

dxgkrnl.sys

among others, these are all I've gotten pictures of

Current Windows build:

Windows 10 Home - Version 20H2 - Build 19042.844

Graphics driver is up-to-date.

I have the minidumps from my last three BSODs all post-reset. I have no extra antivirus installed and not many programs installed games, Spotify, Steam, Discord, etc. Office Suite, Adobe Suite.

Not sure if it'll be relevant, but here are my hardware specs: Custom built, so no system integrator drivers

Ryzen 5 3600

RTX 2060

Gigabyte b450m DS3H

Gskill Ripjaws V 3600mhz CL18 2x8gb x2. 2nd kit purchased in January, and I think my problems started after that

1TB M.2 SSD

I'm not really sure what to do next. Any help would be SO greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jack

:)

JackVDH, Mar 7, 2021

2. BSOD When playing games

Hi Jackson,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Please share the information requested below:

• Does the BSOD occur while playing a particular game?
    • Is the game downloaded from Windows Store?

I suggest you to update the Graphic Card drivers by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Refer the link below for more information:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 7, 2021
  3. I have been having BSOD frequently

Hi James

Can you try the suggestion in step 2.

The games should still run with those items disabled and will allow you to check for a BSOD again.

Thanks

nigelyardley, Mar 7, 2021
  4. menanico Win User

BSOD playing various games

Hello everyone, i would love to get some help whit my problem. As the title say i get different BSOD when i play games like Dragon age or Assassin creed.
    Here's a link to a post in tomshardware forum, they suggested me to ask in this site: BSOD when playing games - Windows 10 - Toms Hardware
    You can find some information in there, if you need more i will do anything to simplify your job.

menanico, Mar 7, 2021
Thema:

1. Having frequent BSOD while playing games & using Zoom. Please help - Similar Threads - Having frequent BSOD

2. Experiencing frequent BSOD while playing games caused by PSHED.dll

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Experiencing frequent BSOD while playing games caused by PSHED.dll: I have randomly started experiencing frequent BSOD's while playing games and have done mostly all the online fixes, i've tested everything all coming back clear and no issues, i've Installed all driver updates that i could find that i needed and done multiple scans to fix...
  3. Need help resolving frequent bsods while playing games - memory management bsods

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Need help resolving frequent bsods while playing games - memory management bsods: Kept getting bsods with memory management stop code when I play games. It happens randomly, sometimes it happens after an hour or two, sometimes the crash happens within 10 minutes. I've tried running memtest and sfc a couple times but they came out with no errors so I have...
  4. PLS Help! BSOD while doing classes on zoom and playing video games

PLS Help! BSOD while doing classes on zoom and playing video games: As classes have started we transferred to zoom so that we could have a more reliable meeting software and today I have crashed and received BSOD errors several times today. Could anyone help me troubleshoot it? These are all the dump files, I think I managed to send them...
  5. BSOD while doing classes on zoom and playing video games

BSOD while doing classes on zoom and playing video games: As classes have started we transferred to zoom so that we could have a more reliable meeting software and today I have crashed and received BSOD errors several times today. Could anyone help me troubleshoot it? These are all the dump files, I think I managed to send them...
  6. BSOD while using Zoom

BSOD while using Zoom: Hi, I keep having BSOD on my Windows 10 machine when I am using Zoom. The Zoom session will run fine for 1 hourish before I get a BSOD. This is strange, cause my PC has been running fine. Can anyone help me please? Thanks Here is the link to the minidump file:...
  7. BSOD While gaming caused by ntkrnlmp.exe happens frequently please help

BSOD While gaming caused by ntkrnlmp.exe happens frequently please help: For the past month I have been getting different BSOD some have gone away by them selves after updating drivers and such but others such as this refuse to go away, I have pasted my DMP text below as I do not know how to attach a file please forgive and hope that you can help...
  8. Frequent BSODs while playing games

Frequent BSODs while playing games: Hi there, starting around a week and a half to 2 weeks ago I began to experience BSODs while playing games (usually rainbow six siege as thats the main game I play). At first the BSODs had system service exception, page fault in unpaged area errors as the causes. I noticed...
  9. BSOD at random times, most frequently while playing games

BSOD at random times, most frequently while playing games: Hello, I just build a new computer and I've been having some issues, random BSOD have appeared but it is more frequently while playing games. If any extra information is needed, please let me know. Thank's. 103735
  10. Frequent BSOD, please help

Frequent BSOD, please help: Hello, so recently I've been getting a BSOD stating "CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION win32kfull.sys". It happens randomly but its quite often. It might happen 1-2 times per hour or 1-2 per day. I don't know what to do anymore, I did all kinds of stress tests (Memtest, GPU...