Windows 10: Having High DPC Latency From storport.sys and ndis.sys

Discus and support Having High DPC Latency From storport.sys and ndis.sys in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi thereFor a while now I have noticed when I'm playing games I receive audio dropouts followed by freezes at a significant regularity. I have recently... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Aidan Bradke, Nov 23, 2022.

1. Having High DPC Latency From storport.sys and ndis.sys

Hi thereFor a while now I have noticed when I'm playing games I receive audio dropouts followed by freezes at a significant regularity. I have recently downloaded LatencyMon and it appears it is coming from storport.sys and ndis.sys. I have researched for hours trying to solve this but I can't quite figure it out. I saw another thread similar to my issue, but their fix didn't help me at at. I'm starting to think it is an issue with my hard drive, but I would like to check and verify before dumping hundreds of dollars. It also might be important to note that I did build this computer.I'm really

:)

Aidan Bradke, Nov 23, 2022

2. DPC Latency with Storport.sys and Wdf0 1000.sys

I have one Storage Controller here is what the Drivers say

Having High DPC Latency From storport.sys and ndis.sys [​IMG]

BradShoemaker, Nov 23, 2022
  3. arachnaut Win User
    DPC Latency with Storport.sys and Wdf0 1000.sys

The power settings look good, but I would disable the selective suspend on the USB ports, since you have a USB audio driver.

This is not the problem, though. Anything that takes more than a fraction of a millisecond as a DPC process might cause an audio dropout or glitch.

Your values for StorPort.sys are off the wall! That is the Microsoft SCSI driver for your hard drives and SCSI attached stuff.

You might have misconfigured some drive setting (like not using AHCI). Perhaps this is a BIOS setting. Are your SCSI drives using IDE or something like that?

For comparison, I use high end audio stuff on a daily basis and my system was built in 2011.

Here is what I see on latencymon:

[EDIT] - added this image:

arachnaut, Nov 23, 2022
  4. Having High DPC Latency From storport.sys and ndis.sys

DPC Latency with Storport.sys and Wdf0 1000.sys

Sorry when I went to post it looked much better than it does there.... So I can see how that wasn't the greatest piece to look at.

Here is the screenshot you requested.

Power Plan Settings: High Performance
    Turn off disk after: 20min
    Sleep/Hibernate: Never
    USB Selective Suspend Setting: Enabled
    PCI Express Link State Power Management: Off

Processor Power Management
    • Maximum Processor Frequency: 0MHz
    • Minimum Processor State: 100%
    • System Cooling Policy: Active
    • Maximum Processor State: 100%

I believe the Power settings are mostly the generic High Performance. If I changed anything it was the sleep function as I often access this computer when I'm at home.

As for staying with my old computer. I agree, I definitely could have, but it had been 3 years since I last built that system so I figured it was time to step it up. I also use the Creative Cloud often and my system could use a boost in speed. Plus the old components are now in a second tower and being used for offloading things to free up this computer for recording (such as rendering video, etc).

I plan to add 32GB more to the RAM over the next two months and a new 1080ti video card. Someone also told me adding an internal Soundcard might help as well, although I don't see what it has to do with this latency issue.

Thanks again,

Brad

BradShoemaker, Nov 23, 2022
Thema:

Having High DPC Latency From storport.sys and ndis.sys

1. Having High DPC Latency From storport.sys and ndis.sys - Similar Threads - Having High DPC

2. Having High DPC Latency From storport.sys and ndis.sys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Having High DPC Latency From storport.sys and ndis.sys: Hi thereFor a while now I have noticed when I'm playing games I receive audio dropouts followed by freezes at a significant regularity. I have recently downloaded LatencyMon and it appears it is coming from storport.sys and ndis.sys. I have researched for hours trying to...
  3. high dpc latency with following drivers: wdf01000.sys, ntoskrnl.exe, and rspll64.sys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    high dpc latency with following drivers: wdf01000.sys, ntoskrnl.exe, and rspll64.sys: I run my laptop for real-time audio processing, but after many optimizations I still get glitches, culprit drivers are :1- wdf01000.sys2- ntoskrnl.exe3- rspll64.sysAll 3 above drivers have very high dpc latency which is affecting the operation of my audio software.What can I...
  4. Storport sys problem and bad system problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storport sys problem and bad system problem: Started with a storport.sys problem. Got to ressett pc it worked for 1 week and then bad problem, tried resetting pc, not allowed, tried full reset of pc, not allowed, got into bootrec, did not find or wrong , going in a loop bad system config , automatic repair, How do i...
  5. DPC latency, caused by wdf01000.sys latency.

DPC latency, caused by wdf01000.sys latency.: Hi, I'm looking for a fix for this windows latency issue. I am experiencing high latency and interrupts due to windows drivers specifically "wdf01000.sys, kernal mode driver framework runtime." You can see this from the screenshot of the latency monitor check. [IMG]...
  6. Wdf01000.sys latency probelm

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wdf01000.sys latency probelm: Hi, I have a self-built PC Ryzen 5 1600, 8 Gb Ram, Radeon RX 470, 256Gb NVMe SSD on which Windows 10 Education Edition is running, 2 TB HDD for data storing and use a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen as my USB sound card for Audio Recording, Mixing and Mastering. I searched...
  7. High DPC Latency caused by wdf01000.sys

High DPC Latency caused by wdf01000.sys: Hello, I am posting this regarding a problem that I ran across in my laptop at the beginning of august 2019, the problem is that I am getting high DPC Latency levels that are apparently caused by wdf01000.sys according to the latency checking program, latencymon. I really...
  8. High DPC latency

in Windows 10 Customization
    High DPC latency: I use my Dell XPS for recording and live playback but the system suffers from high DPC latency caused by ACPI driver. I removed Dell audio drivers and installed those from RealTek with no avail. Latency is an issue because I need this computer for live recording. Please your...
  9. Sound stuttering and high latency from Wdf01000.sys and ACPI.sys

Sound stuttering and high latency from Wdf01000.sys and ACPI.sys: I've been having an issue with my sound were it starts stuttering after some time for no reason. I've downloaded LatencyMon and it showed me that wdf01000.sys goes over 50ms after a couple of hours while ACPI.sys can go higher than 1ms. They both got high DPC with wdf driver...
  10. DPC Latency with Storport.sys and Wdf0 1000.sys

DPC Latency with Storport.sys and Wdf0 1000.sys: I have recently added a new mixer (Presonus Studio Live 16 Series III) to my studio and started having some major issues. It wouldn't be read by the Presonus Studio One 3 DAW. I asked Presonus for help and they asked me to give them a LatencyMon report. The report plainly...