Windows 10: Having issues installing a 3rd hd please help.

Discus and support Having issues installing a 3rd hd please help. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm trying to install a new 1tb western digital hard drive, and whenever its hooked into my system I am unable to boot. I've tried changing the boot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Kleyton, Feb 17, 2016.

1. Kleyton Win User

Having issues installing a 3rd hd please help.

I'm trying to install a new 1tb western digital hard drive, and whenever its hooked into my system I am unable to boot. I've tried changing the boot set up and changing around the sata cables. any help will be appreciated.

:)

Kleyton, Feb 17, 2016

2. Cannot install intel Graphics HD 4000 Driver Windows 10

Hi Victoria,

Please try to un-install and install latest display driver and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X, click on Device
      Manager.
    • Expand Display adapter, right click on device and select
      Uninstall.
    Download the latest driver from the link below and install.

Downloads for Intel® HD Graphics 4000

Hope this helps. If issue persists, please reply with information for further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Vardhaman Shetti, Feb 17, 2016
  3. Having mouse issues. Please help?

I haven't seen that in W10 yet but saw it occasionally with W8.1. My workaround when it happened was to use Mousekeys to start moving the pointer in the opposite direction. My explanation is that there was contention for the pointer between two different
    drivers, e.g. the real one and Mousekeys, such that each would be trying to move the pointer down at the same time. Then each downward movement would have to be matched by the other until eventually the bottom of the screen was reached. It's actually kind
    of suprising that I haven't seen it yet in W10, since I always have Mousekeys enabled with NumLock off, which is how I have it configured to be used.

FYI

Robert Aldwinckle

---

Robert Aldwinckle on forums, Feb 17, 2016
  4. jds63 Win User

This for a primary drive for the OS ? Booting from installation disc properly ? Wait a minute, sorry, just a 3rd drive and already have OS installed ?

jds63, Feb 17, 2016
  5. Winuser Win User
    Is the drive defective? Any way you can try it in another computer?

Winuser, Feb 17, 2016
  6. Kleyton Win User
    Just installing a third drive, my other two drives contain the boot info and such

Kleyton, Feb 17, 2016
  7. Kleyton Win User
    no I have no way to test it in another computer

Kleyton, Feb 17, 2016
  8. Britton Win User

Go into BIOS and see if the drive shows up in the devices list there, if you can please. If it shows there then the motherboard does see it. Also what is the wattage of your power supply unit?

Britton, Feb 17, 2016
  9. Kleyton Win User
    I've went into the bios the drive indeed shows up, and my power supply is a 500w Evga 80+ bronze

Kleyton, Feb 17, 2016
  10. Assuming the drive is blank, then it should come down to something in the boot process. Do you have a second controller on the motherboard to try? Can you remove your second drive and try this third one in it's place?

DeaconFrost, Feb 17, 2016
  11. Kleyton Win User
    The drive is indeed blank, I've checked over the boot process. I've changed the different sata ports and even taken out the second drive completely.

Kleyton, Feb 17, 2016
  12. Uninstall the drive. Boot system. Let it run for about 5 minutes, while system is running install the new hdd. If you can now see it then re-format the drive then, create one partition the size of the drive. In disk management you will have to designate a drive letter for your new hd drive. Do not install any OS on this drive unless you want to later. The drive should now be a storage device and not a boot device and should appear as such on your machine.Unless the new drive is bricked this is a relatively easy problem to solve.

Windows 10 however causes some very unusual problems never seen before. imo. Also in the bios set boot order using windows boot manager to set your boot sequence if you can not a particular drive. On my pc with windows 10 I cannot delete any drive from boot chain or select what drive to boot from. It only works using windows boot manager to fire this thing up. 21st century stuff I guess.

lopedoggie, Feb 17, 2016
  13. Winuser Win User

They can't format the drive. When it's installed the computer won't boot. That's why I think it may be a bad drive.

Winuser, Feb 17, 2016
  14. NavyLCDR New Member
    Are you getting an error when the computer refuses to boot such as "OS not found" or anything like that?

NavyLCDR, Feb 17, 2016
  15. Kleyton Win User
    No nothing like that, just a infinite boot

Kleyton, Feb 17, 2016
Thema:

1. Having issues installing a 3rd hd please help. - Similar Threads - Having issues installing

2. Spotify/Apps installation issues! Help please :

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Spotify/Apps installation issues! Help please :: I downloaded Spotify to listen to some music on my Windows 10 laptop. After you download an app, you must go into the 'Library' of things you've downloaded/owned and click an install button you do this on the Microsoft store app. It's telling me I own Spotify, but it isn't in...
  3. Spotify/Apps installation issues! Help please :

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Spotify/Apps installation issues! Help please :: I downloaded Spotify to listen to some music on my Windows 10 laptop. After you download an app, you must go into the 'Library' of things you've downloaded/owned and click an install button you do this on the Microsoft store app. It's telling me I own Spotify, but it isn't in...
  4. Spotify/Apps installation issues! Help please :

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Keep having this update issue. Please help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keep having this update issue. Please help: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/coloppy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mo4q9y/keep_having_this_update_issue_please_help/
  6. Latest Intel HD Graphics Driver Not Installing Error - Please help!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Latest Intel HD Graphics Driver Not Installing Error - Please help!: Hi I'm using Dell Inspiron 15 3675 with Windows 10 Home Version 20H2 x64. Laptop Specs: Intel Core i5-8250U, Intel UHD 620 Graphics, 480GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 8GB DDR4 RAM Currently, I have version 27.20.100.8681 of the Intel HD Graphics driver. I went to Dell Support Page...
  7. RealTEK HD Audio problems. PLEASE HELP!

RealTEK HD Audio problems. PLEASE HELP!: Just about 2 weeks ago my power box broke, so i had to get a new one. Once i managed to fit in my new power box everything worked totally just like how it was before but then i soon realized that there was no sound coming through my headset. So i thought i just need to sort...
  8. Having issues installing latest Realtek hd audio driver

Having issues installing latest Realtek hd audio driver: I'm currently running driver version .7541 however can't seem to get .7571 to work (located hereLatest Realtek HD Audio Driver Version.) Downloaded and extracted fine however whenever I try to run the update and removal tool(highlighted below) included in the file, nothing...
  9. Please Help Me: HD Tune Alternative?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Please Help Me: HD Tune Alternative?: Hi, I just need an app that can check if my hard drives are damaged so I can know if they need to be replaced. I'm currently using the free version of HD Tune 2.55. I just checked the HD Tune website and the HD Tune 2.55 app version I'm currently using on my PC was...
  10. ATI Radeon HD 2400 XT - Windows 10 Issue - Please help!

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    ATI Radeon HD 2400 XT - Windows 10 Issue - Please help!: Hello Guys, I have Radeon HD 2400 XT, Windows 10 installed. Resolution of the screen is perfect, everything looks great. But, when I play videos on YouTube in HD and full screen it lags and continuously stutters and crashes. What do I do? Please help. 16618