Windows 10: Having issues installing a 3rd hd please help.

Discus and support Having issues installing a 3rd hd please help. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Re-format the drive then, create one partition the size of the drive. In disk management you will have to designate a drive letter for your new hd... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Kleyton, Feb 17, 2016.

1. Kleyton Win User

Having issues installing a 3rd hd please help.

I can't partition the drive because I can't boot with it plugged in

Kleyton, Feb 17, 2016
  2. NavyLCDR New Member

Sounds like it needs to be replaced since you don't have another computer to try it in. Although, one more question, what mode are your disk controllers set for in bios? IDE, AHCI, or Raid? Raid might be the problem.

NavyLCDR, Feb 17, 2016
  3. Britton Win User
    Yeah sounds like a damaged drive then. If it has bad blocks the system will try to read them over and over again causing the system to appear to hang up. If you have the option to send it back under an RMA for dead on arrival I'd go that route. Even if you did manage to get it to work the bad blocks/sectors would be a problem. Where did you get it from, new from a store or used from 3rd party source?

At first I thought it was just an uninitialized drive but since you can't even boot up the system and taking that drive out allows the PC to boot up then the drive is mostly likely a drink coaster or door stop.

Britton, Feb 17, 2016
  4. Having issues installing a 3rd hd please help.

please see update to my first post on this topic. it may help.

lopedoggie, Feb 17, 2016
  5. I may have missed this, but have you tried booting with just this drive as the only (and primary) drive in the system? If it still won't boot, I would say it is a bad drive.

DeaconFrost, Feb 17, 2016
  6. Kleyton Win User
    alright I appreciate the help then as I'm going to now assume the drive itself is bad

Kleyton, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Having issues installing a 3rd hd please help.

1. Having issues installing a 3rd hd please help. - Similar Threads - Having issues installing

2. Spotify/Apps installation issues! Help please :

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Spotify/Apps installation issues! Help please :: I downloaded Spotify to listen to some music on my Windows 10 laptop. After you download an app, you must go into the 'Library' of things you've downloaded/owned and click an install button you do this on the Microsoft store app. It's telling me I own Spotify, but it isn't in...
  3. Spotify/Apps installation issues! Help please :

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Spotify/Apps installation issues! Help please :: I downloaded Spotify to listen to some music on my Windows 10 laptop. After you download an app, you must go into the 'Library' of things you've downloaded/owned and click an install button you do this on the Microsoft store app. It's telling me I own Spotify, but it isn't in...
  4. Spotify/Apps installation issues! Help please :

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Keep having this update issue. Please help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keep having this update issue. Please help: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/coloppy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mo4q9y/keep_having_this_update_issue_please_help/
  6. Latest Intel HD Graphics Driver Not Installing Error - Please help!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Latest Intel HD Graphics Driver Not Installing Error - Please help!: Hi I'm using Dell Inspiron 15 3675 with Windows 10 Home Version 20H2 x64. Laptop Specs: Intel Core i5-8250U, Intel UHD 620 Graphics, 480GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 8GB DDR4 RAM Currently, I have version 27.20.100.8681 of the Intel HD Graphics driver. I went to Dell Support Page...
  7. RealTEK HD Audio problems. PLEASE HELP!

RealTEK HD Audio problems. PLEASE HELP!: Just about 2 weeks ago my power box broke, so i had to get a new one. Once i managed to fit in my new power box everything worked totally just like how it was before but then i soon realized that there was no sound coming through my headset. So i thought i just need to sort...
  8. Having issues installing latest Realtek hd audio driver

Having issues installing latest Realtek hd audio driver: I'm currently running driver version .7541 however can't seem to get .7571 to work (located hereLatest Realtek HD Audio Driver Version.) Downloaded and extracted fine however whenever I try to run the update and removal tool(highlighted below) included in the file, nothing...
  9. Please Help Me: HD Tune Alternative?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Please Help Me: HD Tune Alternative?: Hi, I just need an app that can check if my hard drives are damaged so I can know if they need to be replaced. I'm currently using the free version of HD Tune 2.55. I just checked the HD Tune website and the HD Tune 2.55 app version I'm currently using on my PC was...
  10. ATI Radeon HD 2400 XT - Windows 10 Issue - Please help!

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    ATI Radeon HD 2400 XT - Windows 10 Issue - Please help!: Hello Guys, I have Radeon HD 2400 XT, Windows 10 installed. Resolution of the screen is perfect, everything looks great. But, when I play videos on YouTube in HD and full screen it lags and continuously stutters and crashes. What do I do? Please help. 16618