Windows 10: Having issues installing the new Xbox app on Windows 10

Discus and support Having issues installing the new Xbox app on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've been using the Xbox Console Companion app on Windows 10 for a long time, but yesterday, MS rolled out an update to it that disabled the ability to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Kepeb, Sep 23, 2020.

1. /u/Kepeb Win User

Having issues installing the new Xbox app on Windows 10

I've been using the Xbox Console Companion app on Windows 10 for a long time, but yesterday, MS rolled out an update to it that disabled the ability to receive messages via the app. Instead, when you click on the messages icon, you get told to install the all new Xbox app.

So, I decided to install the new Xbox app. After installing it, there was no icon for it in my start menu, and the icon for Xbox Game Bar had also disappeared. I was able to launch the Xbox app via the Store app, then once launched, pin it to my taskbar, so at least I can access it that way.

I also cannot uninstall the Xbox Console Companion app. When I right-click its icon and choose "Uninstall", literally nothing happens.

I have not done any tweaks to Windows or run any scripts or apps that break things, so I don't know what's going on here.

Anyone know how I can fix this? I would like to uninstall the Xbox Console Companion app and have the new Xbox app and Xbox Game Bar appear in the start menu.

Thanks.

submitted by /u/Kepeb
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Kepeb, Sep 23, 2020

2. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Sep 23, 2020
  3. CK011885 Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Sep 23, 2020
  4. Cvrk Win User

Installing Windows 10 on Lumia 920

These are the official EASy steps on how to do it. How to install Windows 10 Preview to your Windows Phone

There very simple and i've already tried them. The problem that i face is that the software (this app) does not find any updates for me .
    Many people across the world have this issues .So you need the proxy etc thing to get it to work.

Thema:

1. Having issues installing the new Xbox app on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Having issues installing

2. Xbox app install issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox app install issues: For almost a month now I haven't been able to access anything to do with the game pass on my pc because the app just refuses to download, even the one from the Microsoft website, and the Microsoft store just refuses to install it. It keeps giving me the error 0x80073D05 and...
  3. Xbox app install issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox app install issues: For almost a month now I haven't been able to access anything to do with the game pass on my pc because the app just refuses to download, even the one from the Microsoft website, and the Microsoft store just refuses to install it. It keeps giving me the error 0x80073D05 and...
  4. Xbox App Storage issues Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox App Storage issues Windows 10: So I have a laptop and a desktop PC. One was recently updated to Windows 11 and one is still Windows 10. I recently tried to install Sea of Thieves on my external drive and it told me it had to remove apps from another device, which I okayed, and I thought it would be all...
  5. Xbox App Storage issues Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox App Storage issues Windows 10: So I have a laptop and a desktop PC. One was recently updated to Windows 11 and one is still Windows 10. I recently tried to install Sea of Thieves on my external drive and it told me it had to remove apps from another device, which I okayed, and I thought it would be all...
  6. Xbox App Storage issues Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Windows 10 Xbox app not installing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Xbox app not installing: I have a Windows 10 and I love it because I'm also an avid Xbox player well ever since I updated my computerunsure when it was like a week or two ago I've had some installing issues with the Xbox app. I own Game Pass Ultimate. Anytime I go to install any game I get this image...
  8. Issues With Xbox Game app on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues With Xbox Game app on Windows 10: I've noticed recently after installing new games through the xbox game app on windows 10 sometimes it claims iv reached the device limit, I follow the link remove about 5 devices it still says the same i only have my personal laptop, my gaming pc and my xbox one on there. Any...
  9. Xbox App Installation Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox App Installation Issue: I recently bought the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate offer for 1$ but when I start the installation of the xbox app from the .exe it remains stucked. If i try to install them from the microsoft store it will be stucked after i press install. Can I have some help? I want to play...
  10. Anyone have any issues with the new Xbox App that is supposed to replace the Console...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Anyone have any issues with the new Xbox App that is supposed to replace the Console...: I'm having issues with the new app. It's very limited. You can't make parties, but you can join them?? and you cannot see who is in a party before you join, all things that you could do on the console companion. I use it because I play cross platform games with people on...