Windows 10: Having Issues Signing Into Any Microsoft App

Discus and support Having Issues Signing Into Any Microsoft App in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Every time I try to sign in, I get the 0x800704cf error. I can access the internet and do everything outside of the Windows apps, but I need to sign... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AncientFern93, Jan 17, 2020.

1. Having Issues Signing Into Any Microsoft App

Every time I try to sign in, I get the 0x800704cf error. I can access the internet and do everything outside of the Windows apps, but I need to sign into the store to get the NVidia Control Panel.

I just built this PC today and installed the operating system via USB. The parts are:

Processor: Ryzen 5 3600

Motherboard: ROG Strix B450-F

GPU: ASUS DUAL-GTX1660S-O6G-EVO

I don't think the RAM or the Harddisk matter that much, but they're fully functional. I don't know if it's a hardware issue or not though.

I feel like the Ethernet port is fine, because I could download BIOS updates to the motherboard via internet, without even booting into an operating system. But when I tried to install Windows it said it couldn't let me sign in.

:)

AncientFern93, Jan 17, 2020

2. linking this device to my microsoft acount to use xbox app or other microsoft progams

Hi Seef,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We'd like to get more information regarding the issue.

1. Do you have child account?
    2. Are you using Microsoft Store link to download the app?
    3. Check if you are able to download the app in your Dad’s account?

We would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check if it helps.

1. Try to sign out and sign in back in to computer.
    2. Try to sign in to Microsoft store app with your Microsoft account
    3. Then try downloading the app from the Microsoft Store App.

Looking forward to your response.

Manjunath H

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Manjunath_H, Jan 17, 2020
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jan 17, 2020
  4. Having Issues Signing Into Any Microsoft App

App Store sign-in error, 0xD000000D

Hi Suzanne,

There's a possibility that you are currently signed in on your computer using your local account. For us to sort this out, we suggest that you sign in with your Microsoft account instead. Follow these steps:

• Open Settings > Accounts > Your email and accounts.
    • Select Sign in with a Microsoft account instead.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.

Once signed in with your Microsoft account on your computer, try signing into the Windows Store app.

Update us with the result.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jan 17, 2020
Thema:

Having Issues Signing Into Any Microsoft App

1. Having Issues Signing Into Any Microsoft App - Similar Threads - Having Issues Signing

2. Unable to sign into any Microsoft app on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to sign into any Microsoft app on Windows 11: So this issue started for me a few weeks ago in Office. I was having issues signing in using my personal account, but my school account worked fine. Today, I went to go check the Xbox app after buying Game Pass using a web browser, and it gave me an error that forced me to...
  3. Can't sign in to any microsoft app even in settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't sign in to any microsoft app even in settings: Hey y'all, Came to make a new post in desperation for the seemingly unsolvable problem i've been having for awhile. Whenever i go to sign in to my microsoft account on any app nothing happens when i click the sign on button. I've used the troubleshoot tool for windows...
  4. sign in issue i cant sign in any microsoft app in my laptop what to do ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sign in issue i cant sign in any microsoft app in my laptop what to do ?: Sign in issue i cant sign in to any of my windows/microsoft apps on my laptop. whenever i try the error occurs. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sign-in-issue-i-cant-sign-in-any-microsoft-app-in/55da8c93-5a43-4323-8bd5-2b6b5a37e6d2
  5. sign in issue i cant sign in any microsoft app in my laptop what to do ?

sign in issue i cant sign in any microsoft app in my laptop what to do ?: Sign in issue i cant sign in to any of my windows/microsoft apps on my laptop. whenever i try the error occurs. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sign-in-issue-i-cant-sign-in-any-microsoft-app-in/55da8c93-5a43-4323-8bd5-2b6b5a37e6d2
  6. I cant sign in into any apps of microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant sign in into any apps of microsoft store: Alright so this has been going for like 2 days now and its getting really annoying. Everytime i try to sign into microsoft store the sign in button doesnt do anything?? I reset, repaired, reinstalled it and it still doesnt work. I'm beginning to think its my settings but i...
  7. I cant sign in into any apps of microsoft store

I cant sign in into any apps of microsoft store: Alright so this has been going for like 2 days now and its getting really annoying. Everytime i try to sign into microsoft store the sign in button doesnt do anything?? I reset, repaired, reinstalled it and it still doesnt work. I'm beginning to think its my settings but i...
  8. Cant sign into any Microsoft apps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cant sign into any Microsoft apps: Hello. Im having issues signing into any maybe all microsoft apps. The ones I tested so far are Xbox app I click sign in button and it does nothing , Microsoft store gives me an error "We encountered an error. Please try signing in again later. " , Microsoft office . Gets an...
  9. Can't sign in to microsoft account on any app

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't sign in to microsoft account on any app: So I've been unable to sign in to my microsoft account on any microsoft app for a few days. I first noticed the problem when I tried playing a game pass game through the Xbox App, after the game was launched as usual I was asked to confirm what account I wanted to use but...
  10. Unable to sign into any Microsoft apps- help!

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to sign into any Microsoft apps- help!: When I try to sign in- lets say Microsoft store- when I click "sign in" it does not respond, and closes the drop-down menu. When I click the second option, "add work or school account" it just crashes the entire app. It does this for any apps, so any of my xbox game pass...