Windows 10: Having Issues Using Bluetooth Earbuds as Hands-free

Discus and support Having Issues Using Bluetooth Earbuds as Hands-free in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; (TL;DR at the bottom) I have a pair of Jaybird Tarah Bluetooth earbuds paired to my Windows PC. These buds also have media buttons and a microphone.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Achromase, Mar 15, 2020.

1. Having Issues Using Bluetooth Earbuds as Hands-free

(TL;DR at the bottom)

I have a pair of Jaybird Tarah Bluetooth earbuds paired to my Windows PC. These buds also have media buttons and a microphone. They are called "Overture"

For clarity, My particular machine is running Win10 Pro (1909) through Boot Camp. Bluetooth drivers seem to work just fine. The same pair of buds are recognized as audio output--specifically, the buds cause the following to be installed:

• Overture Stereo as Microsoft Bluetooth A2dp source under "Sound, video and game controllers"

• Headphones (Overture Stereo) as Audio Endpoint (only during connection) under "Audio inputs and outputs"

• Overture as Bluetooth Device and

• Overture Avrcp Transport as Microsoft Bluetooth Avrcp Transport Driver (both under "Bluetooth")

Under the "Devices and Printer" dialogue for the device, I can see all Bluetooth profiles supported by my headphones to match what I would expect--audio output, media control, hands-free control, etc...

HOWEVER! I could not, for the life of me, use my wireless headphones to get microphone input. I have been able to do this on other machines, without fail, and without extra setup.

Upon further investigation, I discovered that the device is indeed installed, but with a different driver. From what all other attempts to pair (on other machines) has yielded, my buds should invoke the following devices to be installed:

• Overture Hands-Free AG Audio as Microsoft Bluetooth Hands-Free Audio device under "Sound, video and game controllers"

• Microphone (Overture Hands-Free AG Audio) as Audio Endpoint under "Audio inputs and outputs"

My earbuds are instead installed as Overture Hands-Free AG as Microsoft Bluetooth Hands-Free Profile AudioGateway role under "System devices"

Interesting! This has eluded me for several days, and I unfortunately cannot force Windows to install the correct driver. I have tried all the basics at this point--reinstalling the Bluetooth radio drivers, resetting my earbuds, re-pairing to my laptop, restarting relevant services...

The device in question has the following Hardware Ids (Bluetooth Service UUID italicized):

• BTHENUM\{0000111e-0000-1000-8000-00805f9b34fb}_HCIBYPASS_VID&00010094_PID&0123

• BTHENUM\{0000111e-0000-1000-8000-00805f9b34fb}_HCIBYPASS_LOCALMFG&000f

What intrigues me is that according to https://www.bluetooth.com/specifications/assigned-numbers/service-discovery/ the Bluetooth service UUID 0x111E identifies both the Hands-free Service Class and the Hands-free Profile! Yet, I have not found a way to use this service, whether through a call or when attempting to use microphone input.

Therefore, my conclusion is that I must somehow convince Windows to install the Hands-free audio device drivers, and not the service/"role". How can I possibly go about this? Has anyone faced a similar issue? As an alternative to that, where can I find resources to help me write a driver to target my device specifically (and perhaps call on the correct driver)?

TL;DR My wireless earbuds are installing as the wrong device type and with the incorrect drivers. I can't force the right drivers to install. I'd buy wired headphones, but what's the fun in that?

submitted by /u/Achromase
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Achromase, Mar 15, 2020
  2. bro67 Win User

Bluetooth Earbuds - Paired not Connecting...

Try a different pair of earbuds. There are known issues with Bluetooth earbuds and bluetooth devices.

bro67, Mar 15, 2020
  3. Arily Win User

Soooo, I have Windows 10 64-bit Build: 1803 Completely updated via Windows Update.
    Trying to use Insignia Bluetooth Earbuds Model: NS-CAHBTEP01

I used to be able to use these bluetooth earbuds just fine before (not sure which windows 10 build but it was windows 10)...But I haven't used them in awhile so they weren't paired...Went to pair them the other night and when they first pair they work perfectly fine...not an issue at all. They say, "Power On", "Device Connected". They show in bluetooth devices "Connected Voice and Music", However when I turned the device off and turn them back on later to use them they connect but not completely. Instead they say, "Power On", "Devices Connected" but they show in bluetooth devices "Connected Voice" no music. When I go to power off the device to retry it keeps saying on the device, "Power On", "Device Connected" and they will not power off at all...it's so strange... I even used a different pair of bluetooth earbuds with the same exact results so I don't think it's the earbuds...I think it's something with this windows 10 build.

Has anyone ever heard of this and know a fix? The only way I can continue to use them is constantly removing them from bluetooth devices and do a brand new pairing until the next time I shut them off...then I have to start all over again. So strange that when I go to reconnect a second time that's when I have the issue.

Arily, Mar 15, 2020
  4. Arily Win User

Having Issues Using Bluetooth Earbuds as Hands-free

Also wanted to add really quick, I use a bluetooth speaker and it connected perfectly fine...I'm only ever having an issue with bluetooth earbuds...
    At first I thought it was because there was two signals one for output and mic for input...but the speaker also has a mic and two signals.

Arily, Mar 15, 2020
Thema:

Having Issues Using Bluetooth Earbuds as Hands-free

1. Having Issues Using Bluetooth Earbuds as Hands-free - Similar Threads - Having Issues Using

2. Bluetooth with not connect to hands-free

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth with not connect to hands-free: I have afterShokz, and on one PC they will not connect with voice. I tried on another PC and it works. I see the hands-free in the Sound control panel but it is disconnected. When I select Connect, nothing happens. I have uninstalled the device/drivers and restarted. And I...
  3. Bluetooth with not connect to hands-free

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth with not connect to hands-free: I have afterShokz, and on one PC they will not connect with voice. I tried on another PC and it works. I see the hands-free in the Sound control panel but it is disconnected. When I select Connect, nothing happens. I have uninstalled the device/drivers and restarted. And I...
  4. Bluetooth with not connect to hands-free

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Bluetooth Earbuds Only Allow Hands-Free Mode

Bluetooth Earbuds Only Allow Hands-Free Mode: Up until yesterday, my earbuds had the option between normal use and hands-free, but now connecting them only allows hands-free. The normal use seems to have been completely removed. Additionally, when connecting the earbuds, it will only display as voice sometimes when...
  6. Earbud Bluetooth Issues

Earbud Bluetooth Issues: Device: ENACFIRE E60 Bluetooth Problem: This device has a built-in microphone, however, I do not seem to have a microphone option. [ATTACH] Unless, the Disconnected "ENACFIRE E60 Hands-Free" in the recording tab is the microphone? But then how can I get that to...
  7. Use Bluetooth earbuds?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Use Bluetooth earbuds?: I got these Bluetooth earbuds, they aren't any official brand but their called boltune. But yea I was able to connect them through Bluetooth no problem but I'm not able to play audio through them, is it possible? I'm unsure if Airpods or Samsung ones are able to play audio...
  8. Bluetooth hands free connectivity issues

Bluetooth hands free connectivity issues: I have Boat Rockerzz 255 headset. It's a Bluetooth headset. I have Bluetooth 3.x in my PC. Whenever, I connect my headphones with pc, it shows two options- 1. Stereo and 2. Hands free. When, it's on stereo, I can listen to music and video with good quality. But whenever i...
  9. Bluetooth earbuds only shows as hands free not stereo

Bluetooth earbuds only shows as hands free not stereo: I recently purchased a new Bluetooth earbud, works great on phone but when i connect it to my windows 10 laptop, it connects them as hands free only, in bluetooth setting it shows "connected, voice", i have a bluetooth headphone it works fine and it shows "connected, music"...
  10. Bluetooth stereo and hands free

Bluetooth stereo and hands free: okay so I bought a wireless headphone a week ago and it works perfectly on my devices but as soon as I connect to windows it separates my headphone into two profiles one as a bluetooth headphone which allows me to hear audio fine and the other profile is bluetooth headset...