Windows 10: Having issues using VirtualBox VT-x is not available BIOS error.

Discus and support Having issues using VirtualBox VT-x is not available BIOS error. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am having issues loading Windows Server 2019 in my VirtualBox and I keep getting the same error constantly: Failed to open a session for the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by andy28348, May 6, 2020.

1. andy28348 Win User

Having issues using VirtualBox VT-x is not available BIOS error.

I am having issues loading Windows Server 2019 in my VirtualBox and I keep getting the same error constantly:

Failed to open a session for the virtual machine Windows-Server-2019.
    VMMR0_DO_NEM_INIT_VM failed: VERR_NEM_MISSING_KERNEL_API VERR_NEM_MISSING_KERNEL_API.
    VT-x is not available VERR_VMX_NO_VMX.

Result Code: E_FAIL 0x80004005

Component: ConsoleWrap

Interface: IConsole {872da645-4a9b-1727-bee2-5585105b9eed}

The reason I bring this up with Microsoft is I am not able to get this option to add in the BIOS here's the image of all I can do:

Having issues using VirtualBox VT-x is not available BIOS error. [​IMG]

I've seen videos where you're brought to an older looking system and it gives you options to enable the VT-x option but I'm not given that option. I've even tried to update the BIOS but because my laptop is much older there is nothing to support a newer update and to add it blocked the instulation to a older system. I currently am using a Dell Inspiron 13-7378 which is around 4 or 5 years old, yes I should look into getting a new system lol. I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions to this issue? I have plenty of more information that I can share but I feel that this is the main issue that I have and wondering if anyone came across this very issue. Thank you in advanced!

:)

andy28348, May 6, 2020
  2. AmitWF Win User

VT x is not available in BIOS

Hi,

I am working on Intel Pentium Dual Core T4500, having windows 10 OS. I am trying to run a Windows 7 virtual machine using VMware workstation player 12 but it shows Intel VT-x is disabled in BIOS, but in BIOS I don't see this option
    at all. I have searched on intel site that this particular model T4500 doesn't support VT-x. Is there any turn around. If I use Virtualbox will that solve my problem.

Please suggest.

Thanks.

AmitWF, May 6, 2020
  3. n8te Win User
    VT-x is not available, but is enabled in BIOS

There are three common culprits for the type of error the user is seeing:

• VT-x is not enabled in the BIOS
    • The CPU doesn't support VT-x
    • Hyper-V virtualization is enabled in Windows

Since the user already eliminated the first two possible culprits, the next step is to open a command prompt as administrator and run the following command:

Afterwards, reboot the PC and try VirtualBox again.

n8te, May 6, 2020
  4. Having issues using VirtualBox VT-x is not available BIOS error.

VT-x is not available, but is enabled in BIOS

Recently I started having an issue with VT-x on my Windows 10 running on HP EliteBook. I was using Oracle VirtualBox to run some VMs on it before and VT-x was enabled in BIOS and was working fine.

I started getting VT-x is not available error every time I was trying to start any of my VMs. That started happening after I installed Docker on my machine, so I tried uninstalling it and rebooting. Didn't help.

I checked BIOS settings and it says VT-x is enabled but checking with Intel(R) Processor Identification Utility shows that VT-x is not supported and Oracle VirtualBox also doesn't see it.

There were no hardware changes and the only software change was installing/uninstalling Docker.

How can this issue be fixed?

SergeyOvchinnik, May 6, 2020
Thema:

Having issues using VirtualBox VT-x is not available BIOS error.

1. Having issues using VirtualBox VT-x is not available BIOS error. - Similar Threads - Having issues using

2. VT-X enabled in BIOS but not working in windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VT-X enabled in BIOS but not working in windows 11: VT-X is enabled in Bios but not working in windows 11 Pro.Processer: 12th Gen Intel i7-12700HI want to try Virtual box, but...Intel processor identification utility says that my computer does not support VT-x technology PFB ScreenshotDisabled Windows Defender Credential Guard...
  3. Vt-x enabled in bios but not working in windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Vt-x enabled in bios but not working in windows 11: Hi,I am trying to use virtual box but it is sayng that my computer does not support VT-x technology.I checked in bois and it is enabled. How can I make it work?I have alredy tried the folowing:1disabled vt-x tech. in bios, restarted the pc, shutted down and enabled again....
  4. VT-x is not available (VERR_VMX_NO_VMX)

in Windows 10 News
    VT-x is not available (VERR_VMX_NO_VMX): [ATTACH]If you get VT-x is not available (VERR_VMX_NO_VMX) error while starting a virtual machine using VirtualBox, then the following solutions will help you resolve the issue. It is pretty common when you disable the virtualization or VT-x before using the VirtualBox...
  5. VirtualBox error: VT-X/AMD-V hardware acceleration is not available in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    VirtualBox error: VT-X/AMD-V hardware acceleration is not available in Windows 10: Upon trying to run a version of Windows in VM VirtualBox, you may get VirtualBox error – VT-X/AMD-V hardware acceleration is not available on your system. Certain guests require this feature and may fail to boot without it. VT-x/AMD-V and Enable Nested Paging (System Section,...
  6. Vt-x

in Windows 10 Customization
    Vt-x: Will my system be damaged if i enable vt-x in bios. I have a Windows 10 pc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vt-x/3dfd3649-5bf1-4d21-99c3-133ca8913135
  7. BIOS Enable Intel VT-x

BIOS Enable Intel VT-x: So what do I look for when the Blue Screen comes up? UEFI? Win 10 allows me to get this far [I can't locate Intel's settings], but there's no way to alter theBIOS. I recall having to do BIOS fiddles before with VMWareway back in the 2000s. Help, please....
  8. VirtualBox is saying that VT-x is not available, but it is?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    VirtualBox is saying that VT-x is not available, but it is?: So this is my first thread on this site! :3 Nice to meet you all. :) I'm a Linux user who's started to come back to Windows to learn more about it (I need to, if I truly call myself a Geek). So, a bit of context. VirtualBox works just fine under Linux (Ubuntu), with VT-x,...
  9. how to activate VT-x technology in bios?

how to activate VT-x technology in bios?: i got into bios but the thing im looking for isnt there (activation of VT-x technology) and yes my pc supports it. (SMBIOS version: 2.7) (bios mode: legacy) (bios version/date: K01 2.05)...
  10. VirtualBox not working with any VM despite having VT-x and VT-d, doesn't seem to be an...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    VirtualBox not working with any VM despite having VT-x and VT-d, doesn't seem to be an...: Specs: ACER Nitro 5 Laptop: Intel i5-8300H @ 2.3GHz to 4.0GHz 8GB DDR4 RAM NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Windows 10 Home. I am having a weird issue with any Virtual Machine, I can boot a VM, but after I press a single input, any OS I use freezes, the only way to fix this is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. vmmr0_do_nem_init_vm failed: verr_nem_missing_kernel_api_2 (verr_nem_missing_kernel_api_2).vt-x is not available (verr_vmx_no_vmx).result code:e_fail (0x80004005)component:consolewrapinterface:iconsole {872da645-4a9b-1727-bee2-5585105b9eed}

2. Failed to open a session for the virtual machine ubuntu. VMMR0_DO_NEM_INIT_VM failed: VERR_NEM_MISSING_KERNEL_API_2 (VERR_NEM_MISSING_KERNEL_API_2). VT-x is not available (VERR_VMX_NO_VMX). Result Code: E_FAIL (0x80004005) Component: ConsoleWrap Inte

3. VMMR0_DO_NEM_INIT_VM failed: VERR_NEM_MISSING_KERNEL_API_2 (VERR_NEM_MISSING_KERNEL_API_2).