Windows 10: Having issues with a shared Excel file getting locked.

Discus and support Having issues with a shared Excel file getting locked. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have an issue where there is an excel sheet that keeps getting locked. I've forced closed it through computer management and reboot the server and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Justin2077, Feb 23, 2023.

1. Having issues with a shared Excel file getting locked.

I have an issue where there is an excel sheet that keeps getting locked. I've forced closed it through computer management and reboot the server and all workstations that access to that file. It's happening on multiple workstations and with different users. I've also saved a copy and renamed it and then tried to edit and save and I get the same error that it's locked. I've check the permissions and made sure everyone has full access. It seems to be some sort of process or service that keeps locking this file. I was able to open it once make changes and save it. Then opened it again and it show

:)

Justin2077, Feb 23, 2023
  2. JohnDSX Win User

Sharing an Excel file

I want to share an Excel file on my network: I right click on the file and look for Give access to. Not in the list. So, I click on Properties. No Sharing tab to be found. The same thing happens with any Excel file that I try.

I have Office 2017.

What's happening?

JohnDSX, Feb 23, 2023
  3. Dayana O Win User
    Excel files opening in chrome

EXCEL files saved in SHARED SERVER open in Chrome by default. When I try to select what they should open in, EXCEL is not listed as an option.

HOWEVER, EXCEL files saved in PC Open to EXCEL Correctly and listed as EXCEL files as well.

Why are the Shared server EXCEL files opening only in chrome?

I have checked all the default program and Excel is listed in the system but not as an option when I try to open EXCEL files from Shared server.

Please help. This is a new computer, just finished setting up, Office 365 has been a nightmare all day.

Dayana O, Feb 23, 2023
  4. Ian Ser Win User

Having issues with a shared Excel file getting locked.

View Windows lock file on Excel

Hello,

To better assist you with the issue, please answer these questions.

• What version of Excel are you using?
    • What is the exact error message you're receiving?

We suggest that you use
    Excel Online
    if you have a group that is trying to collaborate in one Excel file.

We look forward to your update.

Ian Ser, Feb 23, 2023
Thema:

Having issues with a shared Excel file getting locked.

1. Having issues with a shared Excel file getting locked. - Similar Threads - Having issues shared

2. Having issues with a shared Excel file getting locked.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Having issues with a shared Excel file getting locked.: I have an issue where there is an excel sheet that keeps getting locked. I've forced closed it through computer management and reboot the server and all workstations that access to that file. It's happening on multiple workstations and with different users. I've also saved a...
  3. Issues with a locked excel file that keeps staying locked.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with a locked excel file that keeps staying locked.: I have an issue where there is an excel sheet that keeps getting locked. I've forced closed it through computer management and reboot the server and all workstations that access to that file. It's happening on multiple workstations and with different users. I've also saved a...
  4. Issues with a locked excel file that keeps staying locked.

Issues with a locked excel file that keeps staying locked.: I have an issue where there is an excel sheet that keeps getting locked. I've forced closed it through computer management and reboot the server and all workstations that access to that file. It's happening on multiple workstations and with different users. I've also saved a...
  5. Sharing an Excel file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sharing an Excel file: I want to share an Excel file on my network: I right click on the file and look for Give access to. Not in the list. So, I click on Properties. No Sharing tab to be found. The same thing happens with any Excel file that I try.I have Office 2017.What's happening?...
  6. Sharing an Excel file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sharing an Excel file: I want to share an Excel file on my network: I right click on the file and look for Give access to. Not in the list. So, I click on Properties. No Sharing tab to be found. The same thing happens with any Excel file that I try.I have Office 2017.What's happening?...
  7. Sharing an Excel file

8. Windows 10 - Occasioanlly Excel files get locked by mstsc.exe

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Windows 10 - Occasioanlly Excel files get locked by mstsc.exe: HI, Windows 10. My application generates Excel .xls files in %temp%. Occasioanlly, these files get locked by mstsc.exe - this is a message I get. Will appreciate any advise. 170437
  9. Windows 10 - Occasioanlly Excel files get locked by mstsc.exe

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 - Occasioanlly Excel files get locked by mstsc.exe: HI, Windows 10. My application generates Excel .xls files in %temp%. Occasioanlly, these files get locked by mstsc.exe - this is a message I get. Will appreciate any advise. 170437
  10. Shared Excel-files "Locked" by another user, seemingly spontaneously.

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Shared Excel-files "Locked" by another user, seemingly spontaneously.: Version: Excel 2016 Operating Systems: Windows 7 + Windows 10 File location: Normal SMB-shared network locations Hi TenForums, I have a small issue that is occurring multiple times a month. I am looking for a way to get started in troubleshooting this and hopefully solving...