Windows 10: Having issues with BIOS & GPU

Discus and support Having issues with BIOS & GPU in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Motherboard Maximus Viii Formula Everytime i enter the UEFI BIOS and set my primary display as PCIE and save and exit when i go back into the bios... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BigTabs93, Dec 28, 2016.

1. BigTabs93 Win User

Having issues with BIOS & GPU

Motherboard Maximus Viii Formula

Everytime i enter the UEFI BIOS and set my primary display as PCIE and save and exit when i go back into the bios the saved settings on primary display revert back to auto

Asus M8F - YouTube

:)

BigTabs93, Dec 28, 2016
  2. xiaolaba Win User

Windows 10 Anniversary Update Stuck

We have the Acer Aspire Z3-605 and exactly the symptom of 71% failure at over night.

there is a simple solution and it works for every time, or you may need to send your AIO PC to Acer for repair service. so far, not known whether driver issue or physically hardware failure, but the AMD Radeon GPU is so hot once driver auto installation is
    done, then the PC freeze, it shows AMD GPU 8600 series, finger touching was no capable to be more than 2 seconds on GPU heat sink, and Acer has never update the driver or the bios as with an out-dated AIO model, seems no support at all, You may try the BIOS
    P11.A3, no way to flash PC bios, error 18, either no support, our machine was came with BIOS P11.A1 but failed to upgrade BIOS, AMI has been politely turned down our enquiry as this was the job of ACER, and AMI was not authorized to provide any assistance.

you may try Acer Aspire Z3-605, BIOS P11.A3,

https://global-download.acer.com/GD...PIRE Z3-605&OS=ALL&LC=zh-cht&BC=ACER&SC=TWN_1

It is able to confirmed for win10 1703 / 1605, both happened, solution is,

force to no driver is installed every time, either by Microsoft windows update nor by your own downloading form AMD web page, a more simple terms, your GPU is supposedly shiny chip only, useless.

perhaps BIOS issue, perhaps AMD driver issue, perhaps AMD chip overheated, we did remember few years the HP free replacement to the nVIDIA chip boom. Only and until those giant companies are willing to look at this issue carefully, and yet soution, otherwise
    this kind of Win10 PC rendered usesless.

xiaolaba, Dec 28, 2016
  3. Mouse stutter in win 10

Hi

I have a similar problem my end with the mouse stutter, however when these stutters occur it also causes my audio to stutter. to date no solution have fixed this

previously on Windows 8.1 I had no issues,

All my drivers are up to date for audio, bios, gpu & network

Regards

Nibbles

Nibbles Junior, Dec 28, 2016
  4. TechGuru Win User

Hello!

Have you verified that your monitor is plugged into the PCIe card in the back of your machine? It's possible that the BIOS is switching it back to auto if any display is plugged into the on-board port.

TechGuru, Dec 28, 2016
  5. BigTabs93 Win User
    display port is plugged into the graphics card and into the monitor.

I have an asrock motherboard aswell which is working fine when i select the primary display as pcie with the same graphics card which is in question with the maximus viii formula

BigTabs93, Dec 28, 2016
  6. TechGuru Win User
    Hm..I believe the motherboard is setting the PCIE device as the auto option, so by choosing "auto" the motherboard knows to choose PCIE. If your display is being run from the graphics card and to the monitor and you are getting output, then the motherboard has set the PCIE device as the primary display device. Changing to PCIE specifically should not have an effect.

What is the issue you are trying to resolve by changing this setting? Or is it just a sort of pet peeve to have it specified?

Many things I try to do in my ROG Maximus motherboard UEFI settings just stay set to auto, because the motherboard is pretty smart.

TechGuru, Dec 29, 2016
  7. Does the pc boot ok & stay on the monitor in question ?

Is the Bios up to date, if not update the bios ?

The latest Bios is:

MAXIMUS VIII FORMULA BIOS 2202

This should be displayed in Bios

RoadBlaster, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Having issues with BIOS & GPU - Similar Threads - Having issues BIOS

2. BIOS issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BIOS issues: Please see: Driver_irql_not_less_or_equal error message - Microsoft Community for background informationLaptop: Yoga Slim 7 ProX 14ARH7 - Type 82TLWindows 11Just to clarify:- Keyboard is lit- The screen is black- I can't seem to open BIOS using the methods stated online and...
  3. BIOS issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BIOS issues: Please see: Driver_irql_not_less_or_equal error message - Microsoft Community for background informationLaptop: Yoga Slim 7 ProX 14ARH7 - Type 82TLWindows 11Just to clarify:- Keyboard is lit- The screen is black- I can't seem to open BIOS using the methods stated online and...
  4. GPU Issues.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    GPU Issues.: So, a couple days ago I was playing some Devil May Cry 5 with really high fps then I took a nap, and a couple hours later when I came back and played any game, it would run fine then start lowering performance, when I check my GPU temperatures it's going all the way up to 91...
  5. GPU Issues.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GPU Issues.: So, a couple days ago I was playing some Devil May Cry 5 with really high fps then I took a nap, and a couple hours later when I came back and played any game, it would run fine then start lowering performance, when I check my GPU temperatures it's going all the way up to 91...
  6. Issue with GPU

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Issue with GPU: Its pretty simple. As an example, I'm playing a game or watching a stream on discord. Out of nowhere my fps drops to 1 or 2. When I look at my task manager whatever is lagging takes up 0% of my gpu. Its like it just shuts off. After 30 or so seconds it comes back on. I'm...
  7. BIOS ISSUE

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BIOS ISSUE: I have a brand new Lenovo Idea Pad, which came with Windows 10 pre-installed. It asks for the password for the system which I have.Then at the second screen I get another password for the Hard disk Security. I don't have one and don't know were to find it. Lenovo says it's...
  8. Re allocating GPU Memory without having to go into bios

in Windows 10 Customization
    Re allocating GPU Memory without having to go into bios: So I own a Asus Vivobook laptop and I was wondering if I could re allocate my GPUs memory without going into bios since my bios doesnt have a GPU configuring I cant re allocate it and its quite inconvient since I need more Dedicated GPU Memory and need less of Shared GPU...
  9. Issues with GPU

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Issues with GPU: A game im trying to play keeps crashing at seemingly random times, same issue everytime. my gpu driver is up to date. As is my OS and chipset drivers. Just trying to find out what the actual issue is. Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent Code: 141 Parameter 1:...
  10. having issues with multi GPU

in Windows 10 Customization
    having issues with multi GPU: I’m trying to offload certain apps to my iGPU on the second screen, using the new graphics settings in the recent win 10 release. the issue is it’s only showing my 1070. lists it as both power saving GPU, and high performance GPU. I’ve been fiddling for a while now with no...