Windows 10: Having issues with computer randomly entering sleep mode, checked event viewer. Need help.

Discus and support Having issues with computer randomly entering sleep mode, checked event viewer. Need help. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I simply need help figuring out what the events mean. Two events marked "Error" #1: Log Name: Application Source: Service1 Date:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DoggosTacos, Feb 18, 2020.

1. Having issues with computer randomly entering sleep mode, checked event viewer. Need help.

I simply need help figuring out what the events mean. Two events marked "Error"

#1:

Log Name: Application
    Source: Service1
    Date: 2/18/2020 6:53:12 PM
    Event ID: 0
    Task Category: None
    Level: Error
    Keywords: Classic
    User: N/A
    Computer: DESKTOP-privacy
    Description:
    Failed in handling the PowerEvent. The error that occurred was: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Time-out interval must be less than 2^32-2.
    Parameter name: dueTm
    at System.Threading.Timer..ctorTimerCallback callback, Object state, TimeSpan dueTime, TimeSpan period
    at OTBSurvey.Controller.SetSurveyRequestTimer
    at OTBSurvey.OTBSurveyService.OnPowerEventPowerBroadcastStatus powerStatus
    at System.ServiceProcess.ServiceBase.DeferredPowerEventInt32 eventType, IntPtr eventData.
    Event Xml:
    <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    <System>
    <Provider Name="Service1" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">0</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2020-02-19T00:53:12.625278400Z" />
    <EventRecordID>13813</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>DESKTOP-privacy</Computer>
    <Security />
    </System>
    <EventData>
    <Data>Failed in handling the PowerEvent. The error that occurred was: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Time-out interval must be less than 2^32-2.
    Parameter name: dueTm
    at System.Threading.Timer..ctorTimerCallback callback, Object state, TimeSpan dueTime, TimeSpan period
    at OTBSurvey.Controller.SetSurveyRequestTimer
    at OTBSurvey.OTBSurveyService.OnPowerEventPowerBroadcastStatus powerStatus
    at System.ServiceProcess.ServiceBase.DeferredPowerEventInt32 eventType, IntPtr eventData.</Data>
    </EventData>

</Event>

Also have another

Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-EventTracing/Admin

Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-EventTracing

Date: 2/18/2020 6:57:03 PM

Event ID: 2

Task Category: Session

Level: Error

Keywords: Session

User: DESKTOP-privacy\thisiseditedforprivacy

Computer: DESKTOP-privacy

Description:

Session "NT KERNEL LOGGER" failed to start with the following error: 0xC0000035

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

<System>

<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-EventTracing" Guid="{b675ec37-bdb6-4648-bc92-f3fdc74d3ca2}" />

<EventID>2</EventID>

<Version>0</Version>

<Level>2</Level>

<Task>2</Task>

<Opcode>12</Opcode>

<Keywords>0x8000000000000010</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2020-02-19T00:57:03.511214500Z" />

<EventRecordID>95</EventRecordID>

<Correlation />

<Execution ProcessID="14028" ThreadID="16192" />

<Channel>Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-EventTracing/Admin</Channel>

<Computer>DESKTOP-privacy</Computer>

<Security UserID="thismightbeprivacy" />

</System>

<EventData>

<Data Name="SessionName">NT KERNEL LOGGER</Data>

<Data Name="FileName">

</Data>

<Data Name="ErrorCode">3221225525</Data>

<Data Name="LoggingMode">256</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

Event #2 was repeated 3 times.

:)

DoggosTacos, Feb 18, 2020

2. computer wake up from sleep mode by itself windows 10

Hello,

At this point, I suggest you to check the event viewers for specific events that might have occurred during the Sleep phase in Windows.

To view activities in Windows, I suggest you to open the Event Viewer. To do so, follow the below steps.

• Go to the Control Panel and choose to click on the
      Administrative Tools icon.
    • The above action will open up a new window of the Administrative Tools where you will see the
      Event Viewer.

Kindly let us know the results and we would be happy to help you further.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Feb 18, 2020
  3. MSuser89 Win User
    computer wake up from sleep mode by itself windows 10

how to upload the results?

MSuser89, Feb 18, 2020
  4. Having issues with computer randomly entering sleep mode, checked event viewer. Need help.

Persistent Crashing While Sleep Mode - Bug Check

Hello folks! I'm having a concerning issue with my recently built Windows 10 machine. Below are my system specs, symptoms of issue, steps to reproduce, troubleshooting steps taken, and an attached minidump (MEMORY.DMP).

System Specs

CPU: Intel i9 9900k @ 4.7ghz

Mobo: ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero (Wi-Fi)

RAM: 4x8gb Corsair Vengeance RBG DDR4-3600 C18 @ 3200mhz [XMP Profile]

GPU: EVGA RTX 2080

All drivers are up to date and verified intact

Symptoms

• When attempting to sleep, computer will frequently sleep fine for up to 3-4 hours, waking as normal.
    • However, when gone and set to sleep for 6+hrs, system is off and boots cold.
    • Event Viewer inconclusive, reveals that prior shutdown was unexpected, did not cleanly shut down, and generally indicates a crash.
    • Event Viewer reveals Error Level Event:
      • "The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000133 (0x0000000000000001, 0x0000000000001e00, 0xfffff8012126b378, 0x0000000000000000). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 7a6ff501-6edc-4660-907b-23ae49f400a1."
    • Specific bugcheck code varies. Most frequently 0x00000133 and 0x00000001.

Steps to Reproduce

1. Initiate sleep
    2. Wait several hours (most recent occasion was 7.5hrs)
    3. Attempt to wake, find powered off
    4. Boot cold
    Notably, problem presents regardless of if computer entered sleep from inactivity or if manually set to sleep.

Troubleshooting Steps Taken

Steps taken in rough order:

1. Disable Fastboot in both BIOS and Windows
    2. Disable Hibernate
    3. Check powercfg for wake requests (find none)
    4. Disable all possible wake requestors (notably network wake)
    5. Verify driver integrity and updates
    6. Verify disk and operating system integrity
    7. Verify memory function with memtest86 and other stress testers (Passed with flying colors)
    8. Verify CPU and motherboard function with stress testers (Passed with flying colors)
    9. Disable all overclocking and repeat testing
    So far, none of these troubleshooting steps have resolved the sleep issue.
    I've attached the most recent MEMORY.DMP here

I'm at wits end. As a layperson I've done all the troubleshooting I can reasonably find recommended. I've been unable to find any additional leads online to try anything else. Please help!

Teamster22, Feb 18, 2020
Thema:

Having issues with computer randomly entering sleep mode, checked event viewer. Need help.

1. Having issues with computer randomly entering sleep mode, checked event viewer. Need help. - Similar Threads - Having issues computer

2. Windows 11 Randomly entering sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Randomly entering sleep mode: Hi everyone,I'm having an issue where I'll be using my computer, and it will randomly enter sleep mode, requiring me to press the power button to boot it back up. Once I do, everything is normal and running as it was before it went into sleep. I've only experienced this the...
  3. Windows 11 Randomly entering sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Randomly entering sleep mode: Hi everyone,I'm having an issue where I'll be using my computer, and it will randomly enter sleep mode, requiring me to press the power button to boot it back up. Once I do, everything is normal and running as it was before it went into sleep. I've only experienced this the...
  4. Event viewer displays as entering modern standby during sleep, then crashes

Event viewer displays as entering modern standby during sleep, then crashes: Hi,I have a Lenovo ideapad 5 pro 16ARH7, and frequently I will return to my computer which had the lid closed to find it has crashed and I am back on a clean slate login screen. With event viewer, the most recent event before me reopening the computer is it entering modern...
  5. Computer wont enter sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer wont enter sleep mode.: Hi all,So for the past couple months since upgrading to windows 11, my pc jsut wont enter sleep mode. Ive managaed to narrow it down and its my "Steelseries arctis 7 headset" that wont let it sleep. However Ive tried to override it in powercfg but it still wont enter sleep...
  6. Computer wont enter sleep mode.

Computer wont enter sleep mode.: Hi all,So for the past couple months since upgrading to windows 11, my pc jsut wont enter sleep mode. Ive managaed to narrow it down and its my "Steelseries arctis 7 headset" that wont let it sleep. However Ive tried to override it in powercfg but it still wont enter sleep...
  7. Computer Never Enters Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer Never Enters Sleep Mode: I'm having another problem with my new laptop.I have Windows 10. When I first got the laptop, I was able to put it into sleep mode and it went fully to sleep. You could move the mouse, press any button, lift the lid... it didn't turn on. It was asleep until you pressed the...
  8. Computer suddenly restarts while gaming, help with event viewer needed!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer suddenly restarts while gaming, help with event viewer needed!: Hello, my computer has been having problems suddenly restarting while gaming. I've had this problem for upwards of a year now and it's completely stumped me.I was wondering if anyone with any experiance reading event viewer logs could help me out and see if there is any...
  9. Need help with Event Viewer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Need help with Event Viewer: I've been experiencing system crashes recently and have no idea why this is happening. Also in my devices the PC is indicated as troubleshoot error but when i attempt to update driver and error message is displayed. Please help...
  10. event viewer, need help to fix this.

in Windows 10 Customization
    event viewer, need help to fix this.: any idea, Thanks. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/event-viewer-need-help-to-fix-this/aae3103d-3239-492c-8e53-48216f4a8f84

Users found this page by searching for:

1. otbsurvey.controller.setsurveyrequesttimer()

2. event viewer screen sleep mode