Windows 10: having issues with multi GPU

Discus and support having issues with multi GPU in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I’m trying to offload certain apps to my iGPU on the second screen, using the new graphics settings in the recent win 10 release. the issue is it’s... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GaryDougall, Sep 10, 2018.

1. having issues with multi GPU

I’m trying to offload certain apps to my iGPU on the second screen, using the new graphics settings in the recent win 10 release. the issue is it’s only showing my 1070. lists it as both power saving GPU, and high performance GPU.

I’ve been fiddling for a while now with no joy, and i’m really hoping one of you guys has an idea they can suggest to sort this!

I can extend onto the second screen no probs with it plugged into the iGPU, but the 1070 is still listed as both power saving GPU and high performance GPU.

Are there requirements for this? certain level of iGPU for it to work?

Thanks

Edit - setting the secondary screen connected to the iGPU to be the "main" display in graphics settings makes my iGPU show as both power saving and high performance GPU, I just can't seem to get them to be one and not the other.

:)

GaryDougall, Sep 10, 2018
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Sep 10, 2018
  3. Win 10 Multi Display Scaling Issues

Thank You Archie123.

I've tried changing my gpu scaling as per your suggestion. I've tried all different options available (see image attached), and unfortunately it did not work.

It was working with Windows 7 before... it only started after the upgrade to Win 10 the issue with the extended monitor...

Thanks!

having issues with multi GPU [​IMG]

ricogabrielli, Sep 10, 2018
  4. having issues with multi GPU

Multi-GPU club

s'all good - mutli-GPU is multi-GPU! *Toast :toast:

imperialreign, Sep 10, 2018
Thema:

having issues with multi GPU

1. having issues with multi GPU - Similar Threads - having issues multi

2. Multi-tasking issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multi-tasking issue: I have a problem when I use programs, they use more Once in the task manager and this causes slow performance of the program .Multi-tasking see the pic plz https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multi-tasking-issue/b1bb061c-1c79-4d27-be68-2a85d0caf0ce
  3. Multi-tasking issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multi-tasking issue: I have a problem when I use programs, they use more Once in the task manager and this causes slow performance of the program .Multi-tasking see the pic plz https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multi-tasking-issue/b1bb061c-1c79-4d27-be68-2a85d0caf0ce
  4. Win11 multi GPU amd rx 5700xt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win11 multi GPU amd rx 5700xt: HelloIn Win 11 i can't run in multi GPU and in win 10 it works...I've 2x amd rx 5700 xt with a x470 gaming plus motherboard.I 've the lastest driver. I set on the AMD multi GPU and the frame clock. All GPU, both are recognized, and i can run separately. When i try to run in M...
  5. Win11 multi GPU amd rx 5700xt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win11 multi GPU amd rx 5700xt: HelloIn Win 11 i can't run in multi GPU and in win 10 it works...I've 2x amd rx 5700 xt with a x470 gaming plus motherboard.I 've the lastest driver. I set on the AMD multi GPU and the frame clock. All GPU, both are recognized, and i can run separately. When i try to run in M...
  6. Multi-GPU, unable to set specific GPU for applications?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Multi-GPU, unable to set specific GPU for applications?: I have both an Nvidia RTX 3080 and an RTX 2070 in my system. When I go to "Graphics Settings" and I attempt to select applications, it only shows the 3080 for both "power saving" and "high performance." How am I supposed to be able to specify which GPU is going to be used for...
  7. Issue with GPU

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Issue with GPU: Its pretty simple. As an example, I'm playing a game or watching a stream on discord. Out of nowhere my fps drops to 1 or 2. When I look at my task manager whatever is lagging takes up 0% of my gpu. Its like it just shuts off. After 30 or so seconds it comes back on. I'm...
  8. Multi USB issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Multi USB issue: My new multi USB is not shown in Explorer. I cannot find USB drivers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multi-usb-issue/9a975d95-a5d6-4b88-a50e-9637463f160e
  9. BSOD after enabling multi-GPU in BIOS

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after enabling multi-GPU in BIOS: My Dad runs a dual-boot Win 8 / Win 10 system. He uses Win 8 most of the time and Win10 is just for his flight sim, which he doesn't have a lot of time for so he doesn't boot into that very often. Anyway, he asked me about using Zoom virtual background without a physical...
  10. Having issues with BIOS & GPU

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Having issues with BIOS & GPU: Motherboard Maximus Viii Formula Everytime i enter the UEFI BIOS and set my primary display as PCIE and save and exit when i go back into the bios the saved settings on primary display revert back to auto Asus M8F - YouTube 73569