Windows 10: having issues with phone link connecting to my samsung

Discus and support having issues with phone link connecting to my samsung in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; having issues with phone link connecting to my samsung... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by James Ortega1, Mar 10, 2023.

1. having issues with phone link connecting to my samsung

having issues with phone link connecting to my samsung

:)

James Ortega1, Mar 10, 2023
  2. MisterEd Win User

samsung phone a20e will not connect to usb c

Those are essentially the same steps I showed in Post #11 for my Samsung phone. It is important after the phone is connected to the PC with a USB cable to swipe from the top of the phone screen to show the notifications.

Take screenshot on your Samsung Galaxy A20e Android 9.0
    Samsung Galaxy A20e - Take screenshot | Vodafone UK

Note these are the same steps I used to take a screenshot on my Samsung phone.

If you can't connect the phone to your PC with a USB cable then the easiest way to get the screenshots from your phone to your PC is to email them to yourself. I just opened my Gmail account on my phone, created a new email, attached the screenshots to it, and emailed them. When I opened the email on my PC I selected to to download the attachment. Note the attachment was a single zip file with the screenshots inside.

MisterEd, Mar 10, 2023
  3. MisterEd Win User

I have had Samsung phone for seven years now. Years ago I followed someones advice and use the Developer option to fix the USB problem. Later on I found out that was unnecessary because the real solution was to just restart my phone. I then disable the Developer option because it wasn't needed.

Note on my Samsung phones I would only have to configure the USB charging/file transfer mode the first time. From then on the phone would automatically switch to file transfer mode when the phone was connected to my laptop with a USB cable.

What you should say is notification. Notifications don't normally pop up. You have to swipe down from the top of the screen and look for the USB notification. The following is for Android 12 on a Samsung S21.

The USB notification should say "USB for file transfer"

having issues with phone link connecting to my samsung 373722d1661101267t-samsung-phone-a20e-will-not-connect-usb-c-n1c.jpg

If the USB notification says something else like "USB charging" then

having issues with phone link connecting to my samsung 373723d1661101267t-samsung-phone-a20e-will-not-connect-usb-c-n1d.jpg

Tap on notification and change the option to "Transferring files ..."

having issues with phone link connecting to my samsung 373724d1661101267t-samsung-phone-a20e-will-not-connect-usb-c-n3a.jpg

MisterEd, Mar 10, 2023
  4. Try3 Win User

It is supposed to.
    I suggest you investigate on your phone. Perhaps some[charging-only] default choice was set ages ago and that [charging-only] default suppresses the popup.

Many phones default to charging-only connections [that would explain your symptoms] until the popup is responded to [the choices are likely to be charging-only connection, data / file transfer connection, USB tethering].

See if you can get more specific advice in the Samsung user manual, Samsung support & their user forums.
    A20e - Samsung support UK
    {Samsung support US does not give any results for searches on Galaxy A20e}
    Samsung Community - USA
    Samsung Community - UK

All the best,
    Denis

Thema:

1. having issues with phone link connecting to my samsung - Similar Threads - having issues phone

2. Samsung phone messages don't appear in Phone LInk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Samsung phone messages don't appear in Phone LInk: I have a Samsung phone, when someone from another Samsung phone texts me I see the text in the Notifications pane but they do not appear in the Messages pane. Is there a configuration that I'm missing. All other phones appear, just not Samsung phones. The messages appear on...
  3. having issues with phone link connecting to my samsung

in Windows 10 Gaming
    having issues with phone link connecting to my samsung: having issues with phone link connecting to my samsung https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/having-issues-with-phone-link-connecting-to-my/639266c7-86af-4088-a9dd-a6b4225c3d62
  4. New issue with unlocking my Samsung phone via phone link app on PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New issue with unlocking my Samsung phone via phone link app on PC: I've been using the "Phone Link" app on my computer and mobile and this has let me mirror my phone on my computer and enabled me to unlock the phone screen from my PC. However I'm no longer able to unlock from the PC and it is showing the following message: "Unlock on your...
  5. New issue with unlocking my Samsung phone via phone link app on PC

New issue with unlocking my Samsung phone via phone link app on PC: I've been using the "Phone Link" app on my computer and mobile and this has let me mirror my phone on my computer and enabled me to unlock the phone screen from my PC. However I'm no longer able to unlock from the PC and it is showing the following message: "Unlock on your...
  6. Why is my Phone link unable to connect to my samsung s10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my Phone link unable to connect to my samsung s10?: Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.19044.2251]Samsung Galaxy S10 [Android v12]Samsung on Wifi 5GHz bandPC on ordinary wired ethernetPC bluetooth through ASUS USB-BT500Router is ASUS RT-AC86U with merlin 386.7_2 firmwareAP-isolation set to off just in casePing is succesful...
  7. Why is my Phone link unable to connect to my samsung s10?

Why is my Phone link unable to connect to my samsung s10?: Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.19044.2251]Samsung Galaxy S10 [Android v12]Samsung on Wifi 5GHz bandPC on ordinary wired ethernetPC bluetooth through ASUS USB-BT500Router is ASUS RT-AC86U with merlin 386.7_2 firmwareAP-isolation set to off just in casePing is succesful...
  8. Phone Link issue with messaging app on Samsung . . .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone Link issue with messaging app on Samsung . . .: I have a Windows desktop and 2 Windows laptops. I began using Phone Link and Link to Windows with my Samsung Galaxy S20+ smartphone about a year ago, and it was working perfectly. I recently changed to a Samsung Galaxy S22+, and while I succeeded in getting Phone Link to work...
  9. Phone Link issue with messaging app on Samsung . . .

Phone Link issue with messaging app on Samsung . . .: I have a Windows desktop and 2 Windows laptops. I began using Phone Link and Link to Windows with my Samsung Galaxy S20+ smartphone about a year ago, and it was working perfectly. I recently changed to a Samsung Galaxy S22+, and while I succeeded in getting Phone Link to work...
  10. Help linking Samsung to Your Phone

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help linking Samsung to Your Phone: [ATTACH] I am having great difficulty trying to get this Your Phone to work. I am trying to link my Note 20 to the Your Phone app, but no matter what I do when I open the app on Windows I get the error that it cant connect. I have tried everything from resetting the app,...