Windows 10: Having issues with win10 last state of hard drive as incorect, loading sata and esata...

Discus and support Having issues with win10 last state of hard drive as incorect, loading sata and esata... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Having issues with win10 last state of hard drive as incorect, loading sata and esata drives as usb. After hard disk sentinel dropped one 2tb hard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by kjl1956, Oct 23, 2019.

1. kjl1956 Win User

Having issues with win10 last state of hard drive as incorect, loading sata and esata...

Having issues with win10 last state of hard drive as incorect, loading sata and esata drives as usb.

After hard disk sentinel dropped one 2tb hard drive to 10% health, I started to

investigate what could be causing the issue.

It seems that every 2tb hard drive suffers from drives having communication issues with the host, but not 3tb drives.

When I looked at the drive parameters in device manager, it shows that the last state for the drive(s) was set at usb when in fact they are either sata or esata connected.

This miss match is causing the issue as the drives interface and driver win10 is loading is incorrect, leading to the drive health issue.

I ran three disk scans, one with seagate seatools,minitool partition wizard and win10 disk check,hard disk sentinel; the first three took over a day to complete for each, but all came back with 100% with no errors.

This is not the first time this has taken place as I have had other issues with other 2tb drives and win10 on another system having similar issues, wipe the drives using killdisk and they were all restored to 100% health.

Amd sata 6g and marvel sata and esata controllers.

:)

kjl1956, Oct 23, 2019
  2. kjl1956 Win User

My hard drives are showing up as removable.

I had installed win10 in a thermaltake gt10 case and it had 5 hotswap bays.

The motherboard had the options to enable or disable it.

Windows os's do not like hot swap drivers for the os.

Other drives are ok but not the system drive.

On motherboard I mentioned before, there are are also another sata controller that has

2 connected to the motherboard and 3 for esata connections.

Windows 10 has a hard time with these because they are listed as sata-scsi but also

as removable; but can not be removed like usb, a complete pc shutdown is needed to remove the drives.

Great it is working properly for you.

kjl1956, Oct 23, 2019
  3. External SATA-eSATA HDD array

Hey guys,

I am trying to build an external HDD enclosure that employs SATA to eSATA and enables me to have up to 8 SATA drives. I thought kind of like a Drobo drive.
    I figured I could use one of my spare chassis laying around and fill er up with SATA drives and run eSATA to my Desktop. My Desktop is running out of 12v rails and sometimes crashes due to too much load on one of the rails.

Currently I have 2 1.5TB drives and 1 500GB drive with 1 128GB SSD.
    both 1.5TB drives are 90% full and the 128GB is 50%. the 500 is 95% full.

The idea is to have hopefully up to 8 2TB drives running as either 8 separate drives or 1 JBOD. I wanted to replicate BeyondRAID but have not found a way to do that.

What do you suggest? any idea on how to go about doing this as well as a parts list etc?

Thank you for your help.

ps. yes I have already cleared out the junk from my system and deleted unused stuff. unfortunately most of my files are backed up TV shows or Movies and Music. eg. one of the 1.5TB drives has 1.07TB of TV shows in HD. Gotta love TiVo ^_^

Killer_Rubber_Ducky, Oct 23, 2019
  4. btarunr Win User

Having issues with win10 last state of hard drive as incorect, loading sata and esata...

StarTech Announces New SATA Hard Drive Duplicator Dock

StarTech.com, a leading manufacturer of hard-to-find connectivity parts has announced the release of the (SKU: SATDOCK4U3RE) USB 3.0/eSATA to SATA Standalone 1:3 Hard Drive Duplicator Dock, which enables users to perform 1:3 sector-by-sector duplication from a single SATA hard drive onto three others simultaneously, without having to connect the dock to a host computer. The Duplicator Dock also includes a SATA to IDE adapter, which provides the option of connecting an IDE hard drive in one of the SATA slots.

“IT professionals are always looking for ways to make their jobs more efficient and this new multi-drive duplicator allows them to accomplish just that,” commented StarTech.com Senior Product Manager, Carey Cline. “The ability to perform a sector by sector duplication on up to three drives simultaneously, frees up the user’s time to perform other functions while the back-ups are created in the background. The fact it acts as a standalone unit also means it doesn’t use up resources on their computer system.”

Having  issues with win10 last state of hard drive as incorect, loading sata and esata... 19a_thm.jpg

The duplicator dock can also be used as an external 4-bay hard drive dock, connected through either USB 3.0 or eSATA, providing an easy way to add and remove bare external hard drives from a computer system.

Other features and benefits of the Hard Drive Duplicator Dock (SATDOCK4U3RE) include:
    • Up to 72 MBps data transfer rates between drives, when used for hard drive duplication
    • Up to 5Gbps or 3Gbps data transfer rates (connected through USB 3.0 or eSATA, respectively), when utilized as an external drive docking station
    • Secure Erase feature simplifies erasing/wiping drive contents for further cloning use or disposal of a hard drive
    • Dual 60mm cooling fans mounted beneath the drives help to keep docked hard drives at optimal operating temperatures
    • Supports 2.5” or 3.5” form factor hard drives (HDDs) or Solid State Drives (SSDs)
    • Integrated LCD displays duplication progress and duplicator options menu
    • Included SATA to IDE adapter enables users to dock an IDE hard drive in place of a SATA hard drive in one of the four bays, making it possible to copy the contents of an IDE hard drive onto three SATA drives where necessary, when IDE drive is used in source slo
    The USB 3.0/eSATA to SATA Standalone 1:3 Hard Drive Duplicator Dock (SKU: SATDOCK4U3RE) is available for purchase from leading technology resellers including Misco, ebuyer.com, Insight, Amazon and Dabs.com and is distributed by Ingram Micro, EntaTech and Micro-P. RRP for this product is £453.99 in the UK.

For more information, visit the product page.

btarunr, Oct 23, 2019
Thema:

1. Having issues with win10 last state of hard drive as incorect, loading sata and esata... - Similar Threads - Having issues win10

2. SATA hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SATA hard drive: Hi, my WD Blue M.2 NVME SSD, where I store most of my data on my computer, has a blue question mark over it. It does not appear in hidden devices in device manager, and does not show up in disk management. It is not recognized anywhere except where it has the blue question...
  3. SATA hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SATA hard drive: Hi, my WD Blue M.2 NVME SSD, where I store most of my data on my computer, has a blue question mark over it. It does not appear in hidden devices in device manager, and does not show up in disk management. It is not recognized anywhere except where it has the blue question...
  4. Issues with SSD and SATA drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issues with SSD and SATA drives: Hello,I have two issues regarding my two hard drives. One is an HDD with 2 TB and the other is an SSD with 1TB.This is the first time I have had a computer with more than one drive, so when I tried to copy all of my files, programs, user data, etc. over, I went a bit haywire...
  5. solid state and hard drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    solid state and hard drives: I have a HP Laptop 17-by3065st,os is windows 10. I have both a ssd and hdd my ssd is low on free space my hdd 1TB has plenty. is there a way to have the HDD drive D: be the primary and keep the SSD drive C: just for windows os? Thanx in advance Jim...
  6. SATA drive issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SATA drive issues: I use a WD Black 6TB HDD SATA drive as a second drive for files not as a system drive. The operating system is on a M2 SSD. The drive has been working fine for a few weeks until I started getting an error message on startup saying that the $RECYCLE.BIN is corrupted. I get...
  7. Internal 2.5" SATA Solid State Hard Drives - appreciate Help/Guidance

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Internal 2.5" SATA Solid State Hard Drives - appreciate Help/Guidance: Internal 2.5 inch SATA Solid State Hard Drives - appreciate some help & guidance Hi I'm thinking of swapping the 2.5 inch SATA HD that holds Windows 7, on my nine year old ASUS N73SV notebook, that has two hard drive bays, for a 2.5 inch SATA SSD This SATA SSD would be for...
  8. Sata hard drive failures in Windows 10!!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sata hard drive failures in Windows 10!!!: Can we get any answers on a very long unresolved issue in Windows 10 please...? Me too have lost about 5 Sata Ide, different makes, speeds and sizes drives because of Windows 10. No answers seems to be given at all. Start up repair doesn’t work, and the only answer is try a...
  9. Mechanical sata hard drive with jumper setting?

Mechanical sata hard drive with jumper setting?: I have a sata hard drive "samsung sp2004c" and i noticed the hard drive causing a problem such as my system taking longer to startup and using crystal disk info where it says if the drive is good it says unknown and is greyed out. Is there something im not doing right? Ps:...
  10. Hard Drives: What's a "Frozen state"?

Hard Drives: What's a "Frozen state"?: I'm running into problems with one of my HD (Toshiba N300 4TB). It hangs and freezes for 5 minutes a lot per hour so I'm getting hundreds of the following warning entries in the Event Viewer: Source: Disk Event ID: 153 The IO operation at logical block address 0x18c6c6a8...